Travis

Re: The Mixtape Exchange (THE DRAW)
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 4:54 PM Quote
DAK!! I'm making yours and sending it off Friday or Saturday...sorry...been busy! Oh...can you PM me your address?

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 5:31 PM Quote
Yes! I need yours too so I can send mine :D

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 7:39 PM Quote
I'll join in...iTunes makes it so easy to do....

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 10:55 AM Quote
Denied.

You missed your chance this time but we will do one before Chrimbo again.

1/3 of Suggestive Leg
1/3 of Suggestive Leg Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 2:11 PM Quote
Someone remind me to resurface on the board before Christmas. I shall want to play!

lilly
lilly Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 1:32 PM Quote
ehm, not sure why I'm the first one to do this ;)
here's the tracklisting of the cd mili sent me.

(haven't got a scanner at the moment, but if I had one I would definitely post a picture of the cover - it's very "finnish")

"Mix from Hell[sinki]"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/schupidu/militracklist2.jpg?t=1217676181

Mili even sent me a letter with explanations to the songs - why she put them on the cd etc.

I didn't know the Finnish bands, and though I don't understand a word of "Lauralle" (except the title, thanks to mili's explanations), I really like it!
I just love(!) "Birdy", it's really catchy, I've been humming it for the last 4 hours.

It was funny to listen to Barenaked Ladies again... mili kind of re-introduced me to them (reminded me of school - one year everyone had to "plan" a warm-up lesson in PE, and I did mine to "Never is Enough" by Barenaked Ladies. I didn't like PE much, haha, but I had the album "Stunt" by the B.L. [so, mili, I didn't know "Be My Yoko Ono", but I do know the Brian Wilson song you wrote about ;D]) Have to go and look for the album in my mess right now.

And I was so hoping SOMEONE would finally put Lilian (which is my name, even the spelling is right) on a cd for me, I knew it but I never had it on CD, so thanks a lot! :)

Hm, a friend of mine was a fan of The Beautiful South in the 90s, somehow I never got to listen to them in the last 10 years, but I will definitely give them another go (such a pity they split up!).

The Nits I knew by name, but I never heard a song by them (knowingly), and I like the two you put on the CD, mili :)

I have no idea why I know "Hello (Turn Your Radio On)", cause the band's name doesn't ring a bell (oh god, I should do more crossword puzzles or something to keep my memory working), was it big in the charts once? oh dear... memory...

I love T.Rex (used to jump around to "I Love To Boogie" ;D) and like Morrissey, so you didn't do anything wrong by putting songs by them on the CD ;)

So, thanks a million, mili, I really liked the CD (And I'm one of those stupidly-honest people ;) , so I wouldn't say it if I didn't!)

The CD for you will be on its way to Helsinki next week!!

Now, let's see the other tracklistings.

mili
mili Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 2:18 PM Quote
Glad you liked the cd, Lilly!

I have good news on the Beautiful South front, Paul Heaton has a new album out (The Cross Eyed Rambler), and it's pretty good.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 4:58 PM Quote
yay, someone has their cd!
hahaha, oh Barenaked Ladies. Glad to see they are still making it on cds even if their lead singer was busted for cocaine possession a few weeks ago.

lilly
lilly Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 6:11 PM Quote
mili wrote:

I have good news on the Beautiful South front, Paul Heaton has a new album out (The Cross Eyed Rambler), and it's pretty good.

oooh that's great news! :)

mili
mili Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 6:47 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
yay, someone has their cd!
hahaha, oh Barenaked Ladies. Glad to see they are still making it on cds even if their lead singer was busted for cocaine possession a few weeks ago.

I know nothing on their drug usage, the BNL song was put in inspired by Lilly's fondness of the Beatles (hence Yoko Ono).

lilly
lilly Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 6:49 PM Quote
mili wrote:

I know nothing on their drug usage, the BNL song was put in inspired by Lilly's fondness of the Beatles (hence Yoko Ono).

:D

(knew nothing about the drugs either)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 7:54 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
mili wrote:

:D

(knew nothing about the drugs either)

well, they are a Canadian band so it got a lot of play in the Canadian media. one sec..looking for an article...
http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5i7KH6kr06AdfzG3yl9wvi-vzDm5A
you can never trust those pop bands! lol

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 04 Aug, 2008 9:39 AM Quote
Mines arrived!

Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet but man it sounds like alot of fun.

Cheers Tamsin.

Hopefully get my review up by Wednesday the way things are going this week!!!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 04 Aug, 2008 4:09 PM Quote
Oh yeah...forgot to post it, but I sent mine out to Tracey on Friday! :)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 3:19 AM Quote
Is it too late to join in with this? I have been AWOL for a bit..

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:31 AM