Travis

Re: Things you dont like / would like, right now
isma
isma Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 12:52 PM Quote
Andrew wrote:
Don't like:
This retarded new board with bugger all intelligent or interesting conversation going on. Seriously people, what happened?!

Would like
Sleep

P.S. Hi howzitgaun?

God I miss the old days ! ;o)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 12:56 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
champagnesupernova wrote:
And that is rude and hostile (especially because you don't know me at all).
Enjoy!

Making comments on people Nikki has never talked to is nothing new.

Apparently myself and Dubz dont like people having fun. *shrugs*

Oh give me a break. First you and Dubz say this place's too nice and faggoty (how lovely) and now you're still on about a thing Nikki said over a week ago? It's ridiculous.

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 5:13 PM Quote
Bloody hell a bit of an arguement...this place is starting to liven up!

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 5:17 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
champagnesupernova wrote:
And that is rude and hostile (especially because you don't know me at all).
Enjoy!

Making comments on people Nikki has never talked to is nothing new.

Apparently myself and Dubz dont like people having fun. *shrugs*

Oh give me a break. First you and Dubz say this place's too nice and faggoty (how lovely) and now you're still on about a thing Nikki said over a week ago? It's ridiculous.

i didnt like the assumption , iam perfectly entitled to comment on it.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 5:58 PM Quote
Helen *the original* wrote:

Haha I'm sitting back with a nice big bucket of popcorn ;D

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 6:41 PM Quote
I really don't know what's the point in coming to a place you think sucks just to say it sucks. I honestly don't get it. If I think a place sucks I don't visit it or I go there and try to make it better. But it would never occur to me to go there just to assert it sucks and just whine and leave it there. What's the fun in that?

About the new board / old board thing... the format has changed, yes. You may like it, you may not. But people talk as if there was a general quality that all new boardies have that make them boring, or not interesting, and another quality that all old boardies have that make them fun, interesting... That's... rubbish hahaha. There are interesting, fun people here now as there used to be then. And there are boring people now as there used to be then (no crystal ball or anything, I signed in here in 2004 so I wasn't here a long time ago, but that's just how people are in every collective).

How would you explain that this board is full of boring people now? It makes no sense. I think this view is dyed with nostalgia. You can get over it and try to have fun here or you can stick to it and keep making pointless remarks on how great it used to be and how it sucks now.

That's just my humble opinion. Probably in a terrible English. Sorry for that.
I never get into these kind of "arguments" but I gotta say, it's getting boring!

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 6:44 PM Quote
To those moaning about "the good old times"...my question is : What's your contribution to the board ?

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 6:44 PM Quote
being scared!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 7:10 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
I really don't know what's the point in coming to a place you think sucks just to say it sucks. I honestly don't get it. If I think a place sucks I don't visit it or I go there and try to make it better.

I was staying out of this argument so i dont entirely understand it, but...

I was thinking the same thing. I wasnt on the old board, so i dont know what made it so "great" but I think this board is fanastic! Ive talked to many interesting people about any number of topics. If those topics and people dont interest you, start a thread that does. Have an "old boardies only" thread for all i care. Re-live your glory days and we will enjoy ours, thanks.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 7:22 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

PMSL!!! Ditto!!!

Can I have some sweet popcorn please? ;) and some Diet Coke! Cheers!

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 7:27 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
I really don't know what's the point in coming to a place you think sucks just to say it sucks. I honestly don't get it. If I think a place sucks I don't visit it or I go there and try to make it better.

I was staying out of this argument so i dont entirely understand it, but...

I was thinking the same thing. I wasnt on the old board, so i dont know what made it so "great" but I think this board is fanastic! Ive talked to many interesting people about any number of topics. If those topics and people dont interest you, start a thread that does. Have an "old boardies only" thread for all i care. Re-live your glory days and we will enjoy ours, thanks.

I didn't want to make any comment about this either, but yeah it is getting very boring...

I agree with you Kristy, maybe they should start an "Old boardies only" thread, or even better an "Old boardies only" board cause we are very good people and I think it's not fair at all that they come here just to say how shitty the board has become or even worst how shitty new boardies are. What's the point of it?? You aren't doing anything to change that, you just complaing about it... When I don't like something I just stay away of it, or I try to do something to change it, but without talking crap about people...

Well, that's my opinion, sorry if you disagree with me *shrugs*

Btw, sorry for my terrible English xD.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 7:31 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

PMSL!!! Ditto!!!

Can I have some sweet popcorn please? ;) and some Diet Coke! Cheers!

Oooof yeah! Yummy.

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 7:43 PM Quote
I don't understand why the conversation has been leaded in the old/new board polarization again. Everybody is entitled to their opinions and are free to tell as long as it doesn't do any harm to anyone. SO, it is quite annoying being insulted upon 'just' talking to an old friend in our own way. Having seen my personal comments posted in the thread as a 'gun' of 'assault' with no reason.

When some of us tell it is boring here, please understand that it doesn't mean everybody posting is boring too. You don't have to 'undertake' every little statement made by less-frequenters and make a comeback. We come here because after all these years it is kind of an addiction and habit having a peek on the board of our favorite band even though some of us don't post regularly anymore. Only because more people have joined with different points of view than us, we are not going anywhere. Apparently it is not as much fun as it was for me and some of my friends but again please understand it is nothing personal to the new members. I don't understand why every time somebody tells how much they miss the old days, so called friendly people start being aggressive. Each time an album is released newcomers come and things change. You will see this yourself when Ode to J Smith is released in a few. The most beautiful thing about the old board was that people were 'nice' to each other. Even though we had long, strong debates it was impossible to see members taking sides like enemies. And I think this is what should be expected from the music forum of the 'nicest' band on earth.
None of us has to do something to open 'more attractive' threads or 'old boardies only' threads to stick around. And anyone is free to moan or keep posting/reading the forum. I am sure people tried to contribute things before but apparently it didn't work in the new system. Anyway, the point is Travis are combining all these people to each other and this place is nobody's own property. No need for this hostility to old boarders.

I don't know many new people but among the ones I had a chance to 'talk' so far, there are many lovely people that I got to know on Facebook group in particular. As long as we can tolerate others' opinions this pointless debate will find an end I hope.

GLADLY: Thanks! Attention seeking- can't find any other word to describe this. Sadly some people need this.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 7:51 PM Quote
I would like PEACE on the Travis board!!! Come on guys....Group Hug!!! lol

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 7:57 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
I would like PEACE on the Travis board!!! Come on guys....Group Hug!!! lol

Emo. :-))))

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:38 AM