Travis

Re: Coldplay makes you sleepy
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 11 Apr, 2008 9:16 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
There's another way to look at it. There are a lot of people in the world and only so many names. It's likely that common names are going to become way too common. Names go in and out of fashion like clothing. Really, it's just tradition, what's acceptable and what's not. What's considered weird at one time is a fad ten years later.

We're all different people, why shouldn't we all have different names?

I agree with this mostly, but I just think it isn't fair on a kid if you give them such a ridiculous name. They gotta put up with it for the rest of their life, long after the fad might fade away.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 11 Apr, 2008 8:08 PM Quote
mili wrote:
varz wrote:
rebekah wrote:

I knowww!! and what's with fruit??

Yeah, thats a bit harsh!

Perhaps it's not fruit in Apple's case, but computers...

In Finland it's very difficult to give your child a strange name, there's a law against it.

Seriously? A law against strange names? that's nuts! lol

varz
varz Posted Fri 11 Apr, 2008 10:13 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
mili wrote:
varz wrote:
rebekah wrote:

Yeah, thats a bit harsh!

In Finland it's very difficult to give your child a strange name, there's a law against it.

Thats not nuts, its genius!!!

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Fri 11 Apr, 2008 11:42 PM Quote
I recommend a not too much known jewel from COLDPLAY called GRAVITY... ( I recognize it will make you sleep if you listen to just now...) A JEWEL..

Hope you like it..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itqdpIJ4wCM&feature=related

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 1:26 AM Quote
Gravity is great, shame they gave it Embrace to record as well.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 4:08 AM Quote
I don't like Coldplay. They're totally overrated.
I think they have some nice melodies, especially from their first records, but I just can't stand Chris Martin. He has no voice AT ALL! And people say that he has "a very rich voice"... WHERE???? He sounds as if someone was pinching him in the ass while he's singing. Seriously, they should get a real singer or be an instrumental band.
I could never go to sleep listening to Coldplay since Chris Martin's voice drives me crazy.

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 7:35 AM Quote
I think Chris Martin´s voice is really beautiful. I think its first record is the worst. I´m a strong fan of Coldplay, I´ve seen them twice on stage (incredible shows)and nowadays they´re one of the three best bands of the world without any doubt, counting with a great frontman.

mili
mili Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 8:05 AM Quote
Peewee wrote:
mili wrote:
varz wrote:
rebekah wrote:

Yeah, thats a bit harsh!

Yep, it should be an accepted name or at least a name that sounds like existing names. At the end of the day it's up to the christening priest/population register to decide.
A foreign name will be accepted if the child has some connection to the name's country of origin. New names are introduced all the time, too, and unusual spelling are ok, it seems. There are some weird names around, but if they don't mean anything silly they're ok. I couldn't call my son lets say Banana, but he could be called Kivi (means Stone, unusual, though). I actually know a kid called Savi (he's Kivi's brother) that's Clay in Finnish.
My own name is unusual, I've only met one with the same name.

rebekah
rebekah Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 4:43 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Peewee wrote:
mili wrote:
varz wrote:
rebekah wrote:

Yeah, thats a bit harsh!

Yep, it should be an accepted name or at least a name that sounds like existing names. At the end of the day it's up to the christening priest/population register to decide.
A foreign name will be accepted if the child has some connection to the name's country of origin. New names are introduced all the time, too, and unusual spelling are ok, it seems. There are some weird names around, but if they don't mean anything silly they're ok. I couldn't call my son lets say Banana, but he could be called Kivi (means Stone, unusual, though). I actually know a kid called Savi (he's Kivi's brother) that's Clay in Finnish.
My own name is unusual, I've only met one with the same name.

I have no problem with unusual names..i quite like it infact..like my name is different from 'Rebecca' (but my name and spelling is ancient and biblical lol) and i'm quite glad i'm different..i just think Chris Martin and other people like that are just being a tad pretentious by naming their children names that most people will question..and will get quite alot of publicity for it..
x

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 5:30 PM Quote
I'm surprised so many Travis fans despise Coldplay. While their sounds are quite different, they both have that "mellow British rock" thing going on. I like Coldplay a lot and I think Apple is kind of a cute name. *shrug*

rebekah
rebekah Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 5:46 PM Quote
i love Coldplayyy!!! they rock, they're probably my 2nd/3rd favourite band :)
Maybe people don't like them cos they are kinda similar to Travis..and they don't like that...if ya get me...hmm...if i make sense :P

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 6:41 PM Quote
No, I actually like what they have in common with Travis, but Travis unlike Coldplay, have a great singer. If I could set Coldplay songs to be just instrumental, I'd like them much more.

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 6:51 PM Quote
yulen10 wrote:
I think Chris Martin´s voice is really beautiful. I think its first record is the worst. I´m a strong fan of Coldplay, I´ve seen them twice on stage (incredible shows)and nowadays they´re one of the three best bands of the world without any doubt, counting with a great frontman.

Amen brother! xDDD
I've seen them once and it was amazing!

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 10:01 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I'm surprised so many Travis fans despise Coldplay. While their sounds are quite different, they both have that "mellow British rock" thing going on. I like Coldplay a lot and I think Apple is kind of a cute name. *shrug*

I agree absolutely with you, Nikki. They´ve got common things in some matters. That´s the reason why i love the both of them & so many other British bands... :)

dee
dee Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 11:03 PM Quote
coldplay makes me slightly embarrassed for this reason
i was at a house party and a boy with a guitar decided he'd sing a song especially for me since he knew i was a travis fan.
so off he goes...he sang and played coldplay's "green eyes" thinking it was a travis song.
erm....yeah, awkward and funny for me no matter what way you look at it.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] All Times BST Current Time 6:38 PM