Travis

Re: Students are a Bunch of Fgas
varz
varz Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 9:26 PM Quote
I miss money. Bring on graduation and actually having my own money to drink away instead of what I can "borrow" off my parents...

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 9:27 PM Quote
Fair enough. I'd hate a job I'd have no choice but to take home with me, but I choose not to take mine home with me, I work over if I have to, go in early sometimes, whatever, but I don't let it cross the threshold into my house. Same as I don't let my home stuff affect work. Keeps everything nice and tidy then duntit?

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 9:28 PM Quote
varz wrote:
I miss money. Bring on graduation and actually having my own money to drink away instead of what I can "borrow" off my parents...

That. I love having money to spunk on whatever, knowing I've earnt it, and no-one can give me an earful for spending it all.

varz
varz Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 9:30 PM Quote
Aaah yes, that too. Bring on shoe shopping without the guilt!

haz
haz Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 9:38 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
Esteban wrote:
haz wrote:

wanted to see if i could goad someone into a barney.

There you have it.

Psshawww. Why not goad somebody into an informed discussion on a socially relevant topic?

*case rested*

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 9:59 PM Quote
great. well done. delighted for you. And I'm happy too, becuase that means this thread is now redundant.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 10:30 PM Quote

What's the first thing a university graduate says in his new job?

Would you like fries with that!!

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 10:33 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

What's the first thing a university graduate says in his new job?

Would you like fries with that!!

Dubz

Lol, sad but true!

varz
varz Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 11:18 PM Quote
hahaha na, i almost wish i was saying that instead of "heres your methadone mate"

Joe
Joe Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 11:52 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Fair enough. I'd hate a job I'd have no choice but to take home with me, but I choose not to take mine home with me, I work over if I have to, go in early sometimes, whatever, but I don't let it cross the threshold into my house. Same as I don't let my home stuff affect work. Keeps everything nice and tidy then duntit?

I like your policy; Just like you, I can understand that it's sometimes necessary to put in a bit of overtime. Just not at home.

dee
dee Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 11:54 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I had the misfortune to get the bus the other night, I was sat behind 3 Trinity students who sat there squealing and giggling, about Boys, Shoes, the State of Her, Diets and other generall bitchiness each periodically removing their scrunchy throwing their hand through their hair a few times and then tying it back up to look exactly the same as it looked before they took it out!!, Needless to say the future Yummy Mummies (they'll get atoken degree while scouring Trinners for a Lawyer/Doctor whom they'll marry and pump out a couple of sprogs, which they'll drive around in their brand new Land Rover Discovery) got off the bus at Castleknock.

Btw before you jump to the conclusion I shouldn't listen to other people's conversations, I had my mp3 player on listening to the Pixies and I could still here the feckers!!!

Dubz

stop following me home

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 7:32 AM Quote
dee wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I had the misfortune to get the bus the other night, I was sat behind 3 Trinity students who sat there squealing and giggling, about Boys, Shoes, the State of Her, Diets and other generall bitchiness each periodically removing their scrunchy throwing their hand through their hair a few times and then tying it back up to look exactly the same as it looked before they took it out!!, Needless to say the future Yummy Mummies (they'll get atoken degree while scouring Trinners for a Lawyer/Doctor whom they'll marry and pump out a couple of sprogs, which they'll drive around in their brand new Land Rover Discovery) got off the bus at Castleknock.

Btw before you jump to the conclusion I shouldn't listen to other people's conversations, I had my mp3 player on listening to the Pixies and I could still hear the feckers!!!

Dubz

stop following me home

If you lived in Castleknock, We'd deffo be going Whisky tasting every night!!!

Dubz

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 9:41 AM Quote
I have to work with the f****ers so you can all shut up :)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 10:28 AM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
I have to work with the f****ers so you can all shut up :)

That is the one thing I don't miss about working in the LawSoc.

Student Bastard Lawyer Fucker C*nts.

The worst of the worst D4 arrogant fuckheads you could ever meet, all paid for by Daddy of course.

Dubz

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 11:04 AM Quote
This sweeping generalisation doesn't work the other way. "I hate all people who weren't students. Thick fucking uneducated rabble. Should have stuck in at school". I'd be crucified if i wrote that. Get a clue.

I went to Uni and slogged my arse off for 5 years to get a degree in Engineering. A pre-requisite to do the job I wanted.

My sisters both studied Dentistry and I certainly don't grudge them an education when it comes to fixing my teeth.

There's countless other professions require that level of learning to perform the tasks that hold together the infrastructure of the country that you take for granted.

At least if you're going to rip into students, quantify it with the airy fairy courses like media studies.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:32 PM