Travis

Re: What's the plan for this weekend?
minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 5:02 PM Quote
haz wrote:
sorry but not a big fan of the soundtrack either. my wife loved the music especially that song at the end whereas i just wanted to vomit. i cannot understand why people are all over this thing. but hey, if you dig you dig it's a free country :D

i think it's just funny your wife got you to go!!

haz
haz Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 5:03 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
haz wrote:
minnesotamary wrote:

Has anyone seen Juno (Ellen Paige)? I heard that was good too.

i've seen that movie and i didn't like it at all. that chick that played the lead role is beyond annoying, the way she talks in this movie just grated on me from start to finish. definitely need to be in possession of fallopian tubes to dig this flick.

i wanted to see it but it's been so hyped up here lately that i think i'm over it.

good for you it's so not worth it. "p.s. i love you" now there's a movie worth seeing...

haz
haz Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 5:04 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:
haz wrote:
sorry but not a big fan of the soundtrack either. my wife loved the music especially that song at the end whereas i just wanted to vomit. i cannot understand why people are all over this thing. but hey, if you dig you dig it's a free country :D

oh i'll go to the chick flicks and will bawl my eyes out with the rest of them but this one didn't do it for me one bit. gimme a decent austen adaptation or maybe "atonement" and i'll be happy enough. cloying stuff like "juno" and that thing "p.s. i'm dead" sorry, "p.s. i love you" makes me run for the hills.

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 5:05 PM Quote
haz wrote:
goosey_84 wrote:
haz wrote:
minnesotamary wrote:

i've seen that movie and i didn't like it at all. that chick that played the lead role is beyond annoying, the way she talks in this movie just grated on me from start to finish. definitely need to be in possession of fallopian tubes to dig this flick.

i wanted to see it but it's been so hyped up here lately that i think i'm over it.

good for you it's so not worth it. "p.s. i love you" now there's a movie worth seeing...

Now, here's a guy who's not afraid to admit he goes to see(although may not like) girly movies. It takes a real man, huh?!

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 5:06 PM Quote
haz wrote:
minnesotamary wrote:
haz wrote:

oh i'll go to the chick flicks and will bawl my eyes out with the rest of them but this one didn't do it for me one bit. gimme a decent austen adaptation or maybe "atonement" and i'll be happy enough. cloying stuff like "juno" and that thing "p.s. i'm dead" sorry, "p.s. i love you" makes me run for the hills.

Actually, my hubby is the same way although HE might not admit it. Good for you!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 5:07 PM Quote
haz wrote:
minnesotamary wrote:
haz wrote:

my boss...my 64 year old male boss keeps trying to get me to see PS I Love you. after his last recommendations (Mostly Martha, Ladies in Lavender), i decided no...
he's become such a softy!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 5:07 PM Quote
haz wrote:

i've seen it. got a bit of a thing for gerard butler! ;P

my only complaint was hilary swank.

haz
haz Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 5:07 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:
haz wrote:
goosey_84 wrote:
haz wrote:
minnesotamary wrote:

Now, here's a guy who's not afraid to admit he goes to see(although may not like) girly movies. It takes a real man, huh?!

sure does, those guys that act like they hate chick flicks are a bunch of homos. only secure guys like myself can take their seat proudly at the latest bridget jones and not feel out of place. whoooo-aaah!

haz
haz Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 5:09 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
haz wrote:

i've seen it. got a bit of a thing for gerard butler! ;P

my only complaint was hilary swank.

hilary wank as i call her. what about gerard's shite irish accent. i BET he was told by the producers to "paddy it up", i've only seen the ads on the telly but maaaaan it makes me cringe all the time. wank is a bad BAD actor.

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 5:11 PM Quote
haz wrote:
sure does, those guys that act like they hate chick flicks are a bunch of homos. only secure guys like myself can take their seat proudly at the latest bridget jones and not feel out of place. whoooo-aaah!

**LOL!!***

Hmmm, do you watch sports too?! I guess your wife and I are lucky to have found such manly men!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 5:12 PM Quote
haz wrote:
wank is a bad BAD actor.

She is, isn't she! I wonder how the hell did she get all those awards *shakes head in disbelief*

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 5:14 PM Quote
haz wrote:

hilary wank as i call her. what about gerard's shite irish accent. i BET he was told by the producers to "paddy it up", i've only seen the ads on the telly but maaaaan it makes me cringe all the time. wank is a bad BAD actor.

i know!! i had that complaint about his accent as well! total shite!! i wish he could have just played the role as a scotsman. but oh that would interfere with her going to ireland...pfft! i only went to see it for gerard. yes...i am such a girl! hahaha

btw a song by FLOGGING MOLLY makes an appearance in the movie haz!! i just thought "wtf?!?!" hahaha

haz
haz Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 5:14 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:
haz wrote:

**LOL!!***

Hmmm, do you watch sports too?! I guess your wife and I are lucky to have found such manly men!

sure do, love my NE Patriots and my Munster Rugby, g'wan the Red Army.

yes, you are both very, very lucky. blessed actually.

*combs chest hair*

haz
haz Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 5:20 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
haz wrote:

i know!! i had that complaint about his accent as well! total shite!! i wish he could have just played the role as a scotsman. but oh that would interfere with her going to ireland...pfft! i only went to see it for gerard. yes...i am such a girl! hahaha

btw a song by FLOGGING MOLLY makes an appearance in the movie haz!! i just thought "wtf?!?!" hahaha

i'm glad you hated it too, why couldn't they just have made the character scottish, you know what i mean? much easier. he's a good actor, have you seen "dear frankie" highly recom.

flogging molly, ooooh not good.

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 5:21 PM Quote
haz wrote:
minnesotamary wrote:
haz wrote:

**LOL!!***

sure do, love my NE Patriots and my Munster Rugby, g'wan the Red Army.

yes, you are both very, very lucky. blessed actually.

*combs chest hair*

Well, props to the hubbies, but I am a HUGE sports fan myself so my hubby lucked out on that..yep, did the whole fantasy football thing this year. I had Brady and Moss on my team. If it weren't for the lousy points game vs. the Jets towards the end of the season, I would have won the whole thing!

*puts on lip gloss while previewing this weekend's playoff matches*

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:52 PM