Travis

Re: Seattle Show
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 13 Nov, 2007 3:34 AM Quote
come on Seattle , GET EXCITED !

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 13 Nov, 2007 3:52 AM Quote
Sooooooo, I just found this lovely Q&A aboot the Moore Theater, which is where the gig will be held. Here's a sample:

Q: What should I wear to a theatre performance?
Going to the theatre is often a special occasion for our guests and they frequently enjoy dressing up. For some that may mean a business suit/sport jacket or nice pantns outfit/dress, and then for others it may mean a clean pair of jeans and a polo shirt. This is Seattle and our audiences tend to be less formal than might be expected in other cities. We would suggest dressing as if you were going out to a nice dinner.

Q: May I bring my camera to the Theatre?
The taking of any pictures or any recording of performances is strictly prohibited in the theatre. For most rock concerts, large bags, backpacks, wallet chains and other similar personal items are not permitted.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 13 Nov, 2007 4:00 AM Quote
" biker wallets" ? , half of Seattle use those

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 13 Nov, 2007 4:08 AM Quote
Haha... did find this though...

We are happy to offer themed cocktails, a selection of beverages and a seasonal menu, specially prepared for each show. Arrive early and start the night with us. Doors open one hour prior to show time.

Nov 17 - The Moore
Travis

Savory Item
Turkey Sandwich w/ Provolone and pickled red onion

Sweet Item
Dahlia Bakery Cookies

Drink Special
"My Eyes"
(Dewar's and Soda)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 13 Nov, 2007 4:10 AM Quote
good thing they don't card in Seattle

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 13 Nov, 2007 4:16 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
good thing they don't card in Seattle

They don't?

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 13 Nov, 2007 3:48 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Sooooooo, I just found this lovely Q&A aboot the Moore Theater, which is where the gig will be held. Here's a sample:

The taking of any pictures or any recording of performances is strictly prohibited in the theatre. For most rock concerts, large bags, backpacks, wallet chains and other similar personal items are not permitted.

This is awful! On the other hand though, I've seen that on all the websites...and I've been pretty lucky--at the Filmore (san fran), 1st Ave (MN) and the HOB in dallas--I really had to hide that thing, but once I had it in, it was okay. hmm...i don't know what to do though.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 13 Nov, 2007 4:47 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:

This is awful! On the other hand though, I've seen that on all the websites...and I've been pretty lucky--at the Filmore (san fran), 1st Ave (MN) and the HOB in dallas--I really had to hide that thing, but once I had it in, it was okay. hmm...i don't know what to do though.

I emailed the venue last night Sandy. So hopefully we'll have a answer soon. My camera on the other hand is a digital SLR, so, I can't hide it all that well... :(

EDIT:

4 Days
11 Hours
2 Minutes and
19 Seconds

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Tue 13 Nov, 2007 5:11 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:

Q: What should I wear to a theatre performance?
Going to the theatre is often a special occasion for our guests and they frequently enjoy dressing up. For some that may mean a business suit/sport jacket or nice pantns outfit/dress, and then for others it may mean a clean pair of jeans and a polo shirt. This is Seattle and our audiences tend to be less formal than might be expected in other cities. We would suggest dressing as if you were going out to a nice dinner.

I will surely wear my best dress then ;) I may have to have my hubby crotch our camera or something along those lines, no way I'm not taking it in! If they really are off limits, I can only hope the metal detectors are on the fritz.

I've not had a chance to scope the venue yet and as of now I don't think I can get out there until Saturday.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 13 Nov, 2007 5:18 PM Quote
I need to figure out a way to hide my camera! I definitely can't stick it in my pants! ARGH! And my lense! This is a nightmare. Hopefully I'll hear back from the venue today.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Tue 13 Nov, 2007 5:28 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
I need to figure out a way to hide my camera! I definitely can't stick it in my pants! ARGH! And my lense! This is a nightmare. Hopefully I'll hear back from the venue today.

Now you could get real crafty and wear a big poofy dress and duct tape the camera and lens to ya body. Or not. I need to fully wake before my mind starts going even crazier! Maybe after I wake I should give the theater a call, hmmm...

And by the way
4 days
10 hrs
32 minutes
55 seconds

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 13 Nov, 2007 5:41 PM Quote
It might come to that.

I'm thinking of wearing a dressy top and some jeans. But I might have to wear a dress and do the duct tape thing. I'll probably only tape the camera on to my body, and put the lense in my purse.

The things we do for TRAVIS. *sigh*

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 13 Nov, 2007 7:59 PM Quote
HALLELUJAH!

Attention boardies attending the Seattle show, I just received this email!

Hello and thank you for your inquiry. If you feel confident that Travis allows cameras, then you are welcome to bring yours at your own risk. It is advisabe that you bring it in a small purse as backpacks are not normally allowed during concerts. Information has not yet been provided to the theatre by the promoter or performer(s) and cameras, etc. is at their sole discretion.

Enjoy the show!
Seattle Theatre Group

YES!

I was not excited about the whole duct-tape-the-camera-to-my-body thing.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 13 Nov, 2007 8:36 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
HALLELUJAH!

Attention boardies attending the Seattle show, I just received this email!

Hello and thank you for your inquiry. If you feel confident that Travis allows cameras, then you are welcome to bring yours at your own risk. It is advisabe that you bring it in a small purse as backpacks are not normally allowed during concerts. Information has not yet been provided to the theatre by the promoter or performer(s) and cameras, etc. is at their sole discretion.

Enjoy the show!
Seattle Theatre Group

YES!

I was not excited about the whole duct-tape-the-camera-to-my-body thing.

Woohoo!! thanks, Lauren for emailing them...and posting that. that's definitely a relief. hopefully, the theater people will get some kind of notice that the band are okay with cameras...

Thanks, Lauren!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 13 Nov, 2007 8:42 PM Quote
isn't it more of a flash in the face of the performer thing then anything else ?

Come on Seattle make some NOISE !

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:36 AM