Travis

Re: OMG! I heart TRAVIS! EEK!
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 12 Sep, 2007 10:56 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

But I'd like to say though that I (don't want to speak for you) haven't felt this discussion has gotten personal. There have been some instances lately where I felt like people were rude to each other about something they disagreed about and that really bothered me. You can have a discussion and have differing opinions without name calling.

So thanks for that.

i feel like that was happening a lot when some newbies were testing the waters....poor newbies! ;P

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 12 Sep, 2007 10:59 PM Quote
I miss the flower child goosey , now she was kick back

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 12 Sep, 2007 11:00 PM Quote
FAO Weirdmom,

I apologise I thought you were being sarcastic... maybe it's time I stopped being so sceptical/cycnical of other people. Sorry and having re-read your post, Thank you, I really do appreciate it.

Steve x

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 12 Sep, 2007 11:02 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
I miss the flower child goosey , now she was kick back

haha not a trace of her left!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 12 Sep, 2007 11:05 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
FAO Weirdmom,

I apologise I thought you were being sarcastic... maybe it's time I stopped being so sceptical/cycnical of other people. Sorry and having re-read your post, Thank you, I really do appreciate it.

Steve x

And the peace and love came over Travisland again...
haha :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 12 Sep, 2007 11:06 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
FAO Weirdmom,

Steve x

LOL! I just thought you were only half reading it and that's why you didn't get it. I am often joking and sarcastic so this isn't the first time people didn't realize I was being serious.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 12 Sep, 2007 11:07 PM Quote
http://www.tsujimo.com/shop/wp-images/freehugs.gif

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 12 Sep, 2007 11:08 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

LOL! I just thought you were only half reading it and that's why you didn't get it. I am often joking and sarcastic so this isn't the first time people didn't realize I was being serious.

Remember the phrase , " KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD "

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 12 Sep, 2007 11:12 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Remember the phrase , " KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD "

Amen brother! And I love that you know that phrase. Though of course all sorts of groups have now personalized it and made it lame. "Keep Austin Reading", "Keep Austin Biking", etc.

It's a bit much.

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Thu 13 Sep, 2007 7:14 AM Quote
hoorah for anyone who does not take every single thing on this board personally!! Just read weirdmum and steves posts. It is great to see people actually talking things through on a different (grown up almost, lol) level.
It hooked me cause i see a lot of "the not listening to each other and not being open to appologies" happing at work at the moment, which sucks donkeyballs. sorry for the all soft and mellow comment (My excuse is: it is afterall early in the morning here:)

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Thu 13 Sep, 2007 12:17 PM Quote
feri wrote:
lol..true...although I don't see the problem waiting in line for a few hours so you can be front row. If I paid 35 bucks to see Travis, I don't want to be way at the back where I can't even see the band actually perform. What's the point in that? I'll just listen to their CD then.

It has nothing to do with drooling over them or screaming 'omgz I love you', I just want to get the full experience, and be able to take good pics from the front.

they don't look any clearer at the front, and even if they do, so what?! so you can see that they are deffiantely smiling at this point, or his head is slightly to the less at this point, you still know that there are singers and 'musicians' sitting at their instruments, playing them and singing...usually on about the same spot of the stage...thats just so weird (to me) that anyone would care if theyre at the front or what - I mean fair enough you mightn't want to be stuck so you can barely make them out at the back of T in the Park, but in an average concert hall or whatever - whats the difference?!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 13 Sep, 2007 12:51 PM Quote
freedom of choice

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 13 Sep, 2007 1:21 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
feri wrote:
lol..true...although I don't see the problem waiting in line for a few hours so you can be front row. If I paid 35 bucks to see Travis, I don't want to be way at the back where I can't even see the band actually perform. What's the point in that? I'll just listen to their CD then.

It has nothing to do with drooling over them or screaming 'omgz I love you', I just want to get the full experience, and be able to take good pics from the front.

they don't look any clearer at the front, and even if they do, so what?! so you can see that they are deffiantely smiling at this point, or his head is slightly to the less at this point, you still know that there are singers and 'musicians' sitting at their instruments, playing them and singing...usually on about the same spot of the stage...thats just so weird (to me) that anyone would care if theyre at the front or what - I mean fair enough you mightn't want to be stuck so you can barely make them out at the back of T in the Park, but in an average concert hall or whatever - whats the difference?!

You haven't even acknowledged that the sound is completely different at the front compared to the back in most venues.

kiwi
kiwi Posted Thu 13 Sep, 2007 1:50 PM Quote
don't be so bloody judgemental! as long as the band don't mind why should anyone else?

and at least they don't spend their time posting bulletins taking the piss out of people who support the band who's messageboard you're writing on...

it's getting hell boring. even if it is a joke.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 13 Sep, 2007 7:12 PM Quote
kiwi wrote:
don't be so bloody judgemental! as long as the band don't mind why should anyone else?

and at least they don't spend their time posting bulletins taking the piss out of people who support the band who's messageboard you're writing on...

it's getting hell boring. even if it is a joke.

Well put

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:18 AM