Travis

Re: i kinda hate myself for liking...
feri
feri Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 6:38 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
I think I generally have a wider taste in music than most others on here. I like lots of stuff. Well, ok I don't like rap music. Or most r&b stuff. Or dance. But...apart from that. =p

I like linken park for the most part. Some of their over-shouty stuff gets a bit tiresome sometimes.

I liked Linkin park...well mostly during Meteora. They're not a bad band, they were different b4 (with the whole rapping/dj mix)..and they had some really catchy songs. It's just that all of their songs sound THE SAME and the songs are all depressing. Sometimes Chester screams too much..anyways, I don't think they're a bad band, I think their single from the new album was crap tho.

I think a lot of people are just afraid of admitting they like mainstream artist. Almost as if you liking a mainstream music means that your taste in music is crap.

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 8:32 AM Quote
I know how you feel on thie issue.

The next two gigs i'm going to are My Chemical Romance and Status Quo.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 9:17 AM Quote
So is this a good time to announce that i have, and liked, Avril Lavigne's first two albums? I'm keeping quiet about the Hanson album (c'mon! i was 11!!)

Girlfriend was just awful mind you. Awful with a capital Aw!

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 3:29 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
the new Linkin Park songs i've heard...especially the latest one.."shadow of the day"...at least they've gone away from the rap/rock thing (best to leave that kind of thing to Kid Rock! haha)...it seems like it at least....blast that Mike Shinoda for being cute! ;P

Ha! I can't see the difference in their songs. People keep talking about their releasing a new stuff, making a new video, playing somewhere..etc. All I hear is the same song. Lol Wait, there is a difference. Jay Z doesn't collaborate on each, right? :-P

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 1:39 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
I think I generally have a wider taste in music than most others on here

That's a very bold statement indeed

Hmm maybe it is. :s But I don't mean I like more bands, singers etc. From that point of view I'm probably quite limited lol. But I just mean I'm generally...er..."tolerant" of a lot of music. Especially if it's British music, 'cos then there's a lot less (c)rap and r&b.

Put it this way, I'm going to blackpool illumination switch on tonight. Natasha Bedingfield, Natalie Imbruglia, Ghosts, Gareth Gates and McFly are gonna play. lol! I'm just going to see the illuminations, honest! =P

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 6:55 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
[quote="Typing to Reach You"] I think I generally have a wider taste in music than most others on here

Especially if it's British music, 'cos then there's a lot less (c)rap and r&b.

There's a lot less crap in British music? Whit!? You've clearly never flicked through NME have you..

And most of the worst British bands even spell out their utter crapiness for you! Razor... shite. James... Cunt. BabySHAMBLES

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 6:59 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

There's a lot less crap in British music? Whit!? You've clearly never flicked through NME have you..

And most of the worst British bands even spell out their utter crapiness for you! Razor... shite. James... Cunt. BabySHAMBLES

hahaha...gosh maybe i won't look to the UK for good music anymore...you've opened my eyes! ;)....just kiddin' of course. most L.A. hipsters in bands are just wannabe UK kids..may as well keep going straight to the source!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 7:01 PM Quote
if you want honest bands and honest music, Ireland is your gold mine

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] All Times BST Current Time 4:13 PM