Travis

Re: Why the fuck...
paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 10:14 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Ruudio wrote:
paul_c wrote:
The Killers didn't just reform and only announce 6 dates after an 8-year split. No offence, but it's slightly different

Maybe not but the tickets were still going for more than the verve ones. For the Blackpool gig - tickets were going for about 500 quid a piece.

£500 for Killers tickets?!

To be fair, these dates for the Verve have only just been announed, they'll get more expensive on ebay nearer the time.

Was just thinking that too

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 10:15 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Ruudio wrote:
paul_c wrote:
The Killers didn't just reform and only announce 6 dates after an 8-year split. No offence, but it's slightly different

Maybe not but the tickets were still going for more than the verve ones. For the Blackpool gig - tickets were going for about 500 quid a piece.

What a waste of money. The Killers aren't even any good!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion - have seen loads of tickets go more expensive than the verve ones. Who knows ya might be lucky, Dint mean to start an argument - just saying if ur lucky u can get em cheap on ebay. Dont agree with it. U r best waiting a bit tho.

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 10:16 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Ruudio wrote:
paul_c wrote:

£500 for Killers tickets?!

To be fair, these dates for the Verve have only just been announed, they'll get more expensive on ebay nearer the time.

Tickets generally get cheaper nearer the time. The rush dies down

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 10:21 PM Quote
Ruudio wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Ruudio wrote:
paul_c wrote:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion - have seen loads of tickets go more expensive than the verve ones. Who knows ya might be lucky, Dint mean to start an argument - just saying if ur lucky u can get em cheap on ebay. Dont agree with it. U r best waiting a bit tho.

I know, sorry if i seem a bit grrr tonight! Ha. Wasn't starting, was just saying like. It is wrong and it does my head in most of the time- not least when it's a gig i actually want to go to and miss out on cos of the touts! Just so annoying isn't it..

I'll be trying my maximum bid every day, don't you worry! :)

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 10:23 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Ruudio wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Ruudio wrote:
paul_c wrote:

I know, sorry if i seem a bit grrr tonight! Ha. Wasn't starting, was just saying like. It is wrong and it does my head in most of the time- not least when it's a gig i actually want to go to and miss out on cos of the touts! Just so annoying isn't it..

I'll be trying my maximum bid every day, don't you worry! :)

Totally agree. U r worth checking ticketline.com. They usually bring tickets out after everyone else for some reason. It's worth keeping an eye on. Good luck =D

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 10:30 PM Quote
That ticketline site doesn't work. Is it definitely ticketline.com? Can you send me a link on here if you can get it to work please? Cheers :)

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 10:40 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
That ticketline site doesn't work. Is it definitely ticketline.com? Can you send me a link on here if you can get it to work please? Cheers :)

Sorr my mistake - its .co.uk not .com. Just looked n no verve yet but keep checking. They only added tickets for the Travis sherwood gig after it had sold out everywhere else - got some tickets from it. N sure ur gonna take the piss out my music taste even more for this one - they had Take That tickets after everywhere else had sold out. lol.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 10:44 PM Quote
Ruudio wrote:
paul_c wrote:

Sorr my mistake - its .co.uk not .com. Just looked n no verve yet but keep checking. They only added tickets for the Travis sherwood gig after it had sold out everywhere else - got some tickets from it. N sure ur gonna take the piss out my music taste even more for this one - they had Take That tickets after everywhere else had sold out. lol.

When did i take the piss out your music taste? I just said The Killers weren't that good. And actually, i appreciate Take That for not bombarding the world with utter crap this time around. Their music is listenable at least now

Unlike Mika...! >:(

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 10:48 PM Quote
OK, cheers Ruudio. Just registered with them, so hopefully i'll know when they add The Verve- as i might forget to check that site. So thanks! :)

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 10:52 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
OK, cheers Ruudio. Just registered with them, so hopefully i'll know when they add The Verve- as i might forget to check that site. So thanks! :)

No worries - will message u if i see any going at face value anywhere. Take That rock - lol =D Dont get me started on Mika - grrr - he makes me angry!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 11:00 PM Quote
Ruudio wrote:
paul_c wrote:

No worries - will message u if i see any going at face value anywhere. Take That rock - lol =D Dont get me started on Mika - grrr - he makes me angry!

Tell me about it. No, don't actually! Ha
Cheers :) x

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 11:23 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Natasa wrote:

Haha!

Oh Paul relax,everything will be fixed and I'm sure you'll have the chance to see them,just wait for more dates ;)
And next time,be the one to buy all tickets and say 'Oh I was expecting my whole family to come,but they didin't manage to!' :P

So you can take your revenge!

No- i'll buy all the tickets and paper-cut the idiots to a slow and painful death. But in between the paper cut and death, there is A LOT of salt...

PMSL! oh I love it!

Can they not ban selling tickets on ebay and make all the pain go away?!?! Totally fcuks me off too and there are STUPID people out there who would actually pay the extortionate prices! ek :-/

Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 2:50 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Gumtree?

www.gumtree.com it's like some sort of community thing, people offer to sell their unwanted tickets on there too. Usually not as expensive as ebay.

Fuckin double posts.

Or increase your options with Scarlet Mist. www.scarletmist.com (I think). A bit like gumtree- a cooperative for buying and selling gig tickets, except that you HAVE to sell your unwanted ticket at face value. You will NOT be ripped off there, not even by a penny.

Good luck.

And ps. I whole heartedly agree with your thoughts on ebay touting.

Last night was an Athlete concert for 200 fans. The tickets sold out in 9 mins, through the one legit website, and I hoped that no touts got any. However, 2 touts managed it. The tickets were £12 each, no admin fee. One git put his 4 on ebay £35 per ticket. I was livid (and I'd been successful at getting tickets anyway!) - livid on behalf of the genuine fans who had been deprived of the chance of going because of these bastards.

And for the record, the gig was superb. Hot noisy and v cosy! I love intimate gigs :)

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 2:54 PM Quote
I have thrown a few feelers out Paul. If I get any luck I'll let ye know.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 4:52 PM Quote
Cheers :)

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:21 PM