Travis

Re: Do You Believe In God?
Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 9:48 PM Quote
Qwerty wrote:
harry potter wrote:

Thom Yorke is not a deity. Bono is.

Qwerty Dislikes Bono......Verry Much So

Scary, speaking about yourself in third person;)

Qwerty
Qwerty Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 9:58 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:
Qwerty wrote:
harry potter wrote:

Thom Yorke is not a deity. Bono is.

Qwerty Dislikes Bono......Verry Much So

Scary, speaking about yourself in third person;)

Qwerty is sorry! :P mahahah

ayana
ayana Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 10:01 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Yes.

I find it funny how people who don't believe in God consider themselves somehow detached from religion and faith. In reality, atheism is as much a religion as anything else. It's just another belief - not something that is somehow more resilient to scrutiny than any other religion.

And what if we don't believe in God but don't consider ourselves as atheist ? or any other belief ?

emmahealy
emmahealy Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 10:05 PM Quote
God YES

Religion NO

and yes there is a difference..

One is all knowing and forgiving etc..

A joke
paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 11:01 PM Quote
Q: What is the difference between God and Bono?
A: God doesn't walk around Africa thinking he is Bono

:D

Re: A joke
kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 11:06 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Q: What is the difference between God and Bono?
A: God doesn't walk around Africa thinking he is Bono

:D

ha haha

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 11:36 PM Quote

Did you hear about the Dyslexic, Agnostic Insomniac??

He lay awake all night wondering if there was a Dog

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 11:53 PM Quote
ayana wrote:
Yes.

I find it funny how people who don't believe in God consider themselves somehow detached from religion and faith. In reality, atheism is as much a religion as anything else. It's just another belief - not something that is somehow more resilient to scrutiny than any other religion.

And what if we don't believe in God but don't consider ourselves as atheist ? or any other belief ?

But surely the definition of "atheist" is someone who doesn't believe in a God. So if you don't believe in God, you're an atheist whether you like it or not. lol.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 12:36 AM Quote
I believe God.

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 1:12 AM Quote
Yes

but spiritually, not religiously

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 2:20 AM Quote
Yes.

belief is a word that people like to twist, most atheists have the same "belief" in the likes of santa or the easter bunny as they do in god, which isn't belief.

i don't really see the scrutiny point either. Christians, Muslims, Mormons and all the rest of them have beliefs through religious teachings, some by man others supposedly by god, so lets be honest a book like the bible full of contradictions is far, far more open to scrutiny than atheism. an atheist is simply one who denies god, that's it.

i can't see how atheism is anything like a religion

nats
nats Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 2:32 AM Quote
monkey wrote:

i can't see how atheism is anything like a religion

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 5:17 AM Quote
yes, i don't believe in the way the religion does, for me it's absurd, the way they paint god, and it's ok to believe, but i think the religion it's a business who's blinding people, for me god is the one who created this, and us, the way "it" did it nobody knows.
i don't believe in him as a santa claus either haha, and i think the same as you, about it's another grade of conscience, and something kind of hard to understand.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 9:25 AM Quote
No

ayana
ayana Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 9:40 AM Quote
ayana wrote:
Yes.

But surely the definition of "atheist" is someone who doesn't believe in a God. So if you don't believe in God, you're an atheist whether you like it or not. lol.

I don't believe in God but from what I know he could exist.
I hate being labelled as "atheist" or any other doctrine. I just don't have a religion. There are too many possibilities to just describe your beliefs in one word.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:51 PM