Travis

Re: Most Overrated Band?
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 6:46 PM Quote
Red Hot Chilli Peppers. I dont get what the hype's about with them.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 6:48 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Me either actually! Don't you mean "The artist formerly known as Prince" though...

nope! as Dakota said, he changed it back!

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 6:58 PM Quote
Arctic Monkeys.

Dunno, maybe I'm getting old. The more fashionable and overplayed bands like this get, the more they p*ss me off. This whole 'have messy hair, wear black, sing in a regional accent' type of guitar music we're getting at the moment I just don't get, it grates. Add: The Kooks, Razorlight, The View.....could go on forever.

Ditto for bands like Snow Patrol who used to be really, REALLY good but started believing their own hype.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 7:00 PM Quote
Mikko85 wrote:
Arctic Monkeys.

Dunno, maybe I'm getting old. The more fashionable and overplayed bands like this get, the more they p*ss me off. This whole 'have messy hair, wear black, sing in a regional accent' type of guitar music we're getting at the moment I just don't get, it grates. Add: The Kooks, Razorlight, The View.....could go on forever.

I quite agree. I feel sooo fucking old for my age!! It's annoying going out and hearing just this new shite.

deepi
deepi Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 7:07 PM Quote
i would definately say Kaiser Cheifs and Arctic Monkeys, i actually like the monkeys but don't understand why they are so popular, personally have heard better things from other bands (can't stand the Cheifs though, bloody Ruby.......what on earth is that about!)

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 7:08 PM Quote
Booby booby booby booobiieeeesss!!

deepi
deepi Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 7:09 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Booby booby booby booobiieeeesss!!

LOL!

alramon13
alramon13 Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 7:15 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
i guess he's not a band, but Prince is totally overrated...
i don't get it!

Listen to prince's old old stuff...the guitar work is unbelievable. He's such an underrated guitar player and the hits are just overplayed to the point of burn out, but try to see beyond that and look at the talent in this man. I probably would've felt the same as you had it not been for the prince nut that i worked with at this record store back in the late 80s. He taught me so much about this man that you just had to see this artist for what he is and not for what people make him out to be.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 7:31 PM Quote
alramon13 wrote:
Listen to prince's old old stuff...the guitar work is unbelievable. He's such an underrated guitar player and the hits are just overplayed to the point of burn out, but try to see beyond that and look at the talent in this man. I probably would've felt the same as you had it not been for the prince nut that i worked with at this record store back in the late 80s. He taught me so much about this man that you just had to see this artist for what he is and not for what people make him out to be.

yeah...maybe it was unfair to judge solely on the hits that he had...i do admit that his guitar-playing is excellent, but i'm not a fan of his voice. hmm...perhaps one day, i'll go back and listen to his 'non-hits' maybe i'll see something there!

Travis Rocker
Travis Rocker Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 9:06 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:

Razorlight.

& anything with Pete Doherty in.

haz
xxx

coldplay

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 9:26 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
i don't get it!

I thought that untill he showed up at a Bangles show and ripped it up .

Led Zeppelin for me , can't stand them

feri
feri Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 9:43 PM Quote
Arctic Monkeys for me. I never got into them, and I just don't get this obsession with them.

Linkin Park...every song sounds the same *yawns*

Snow Patrol..they just seem so average in terms of lyrics and melodies. Nothing stands out for me and their only good song is Run, and that has a Coldplay 'Yellow' feel to it, so I can't say it's that original.

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:54 PM Quote
artic monkeys... definitely

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:58 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:
i don't get it!

I thought that untill he showed up at a Bangles show and ripped it up .

alright, i think i'll have to give it another try now! that's two ppl...
:)

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 11:39 PM Quote
feri wrote:
Snow Patrol..they just seem so average in terms of lyrics and melodies. Nothing stands out for me and their only good song is Run, and that has a Coldplay 'Yellow' feel to it, so I can't say it's that original.

Their first two albums are very good. Nothing mainstream enough to get them noticed, took Run to make people notice them. And after that they seemed far more interested in growing rock-star haircuts, arguing with Liam Gallagher and bleating on to NME than actually writing good music. I swear if I hear Chasing Cars one more time I'm going to go and rip Gary Lightbody's head off. Well probably not, but you get the point!

It never fails to annoy me how a good, unfashionable band get successful then manage to keep that commercial success going despite churning out music ten times less interesting than the older stuff that never charted!!

'An Olive Grove Facing The Sea' is a stunning song.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:56 AM