Re: The 11:00 bitch
paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 8:54 PM Quote
Having the flu in June. I mean really! lol

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 12:00 PM Quote
Ohhhh I love a good rant me! :) lol

I'm still sticking to my "loud headphone music" by inconsiderate general public!!!

Bank charges!

Visa bills :-/

People who DON'T indicate while driving!!! grrrrrrrrr

Jimmy_Jimmy
Jimmy_Jimmy Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 8:29 PM Quote
emmahealy wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Jimmy_Jimmy wrote:

Booking & Transaction fee's at concerts. Why??? I've bought a ticket and now I have to pay for what?? A transaction Fee??? and a booking fee??? What??????

ooh, i absolutely agree! here, they have the transaction
fee, and then they have a 'Convenience' charge as well!
what the hell is that??

Oh and Shipping fee... (esp on ebay).. I mean REALLY

Oh god ebay. Dont get me started. I bought 2 SD memory cards on there last week. Having bought two from the same seller I assumed that they would post together and would only have to pay once for postage, bearing in mind that an SD card is like the size of 10p coin. But no they wanted postage for both. But then the gits posted both cards together in an envolope. It was from Hong Kong but the postage altogether came to over £12.

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 8:42 AM Quote
My mid-morning rant:

I hate when people yawn and talk at the same time :(
It's just as bad as talking with your mouth full of food - it's disgusting and you can't make anything out of what they're saying. Aargh!

Joe
Joe Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 9:42 AM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:
My mid-morning rant:

I hate when people yawn and talk at the same time :(
It's just as bad as talking with your mouth full of food - it's disgusting and you can't make anything out of what they're saying. Aargh!

Yeah, totally agree.
Another couple along the same lines:
1. People who blow their noses and leave the tissues on the table (very present in French claasrooms, don't know about elsewhere)

2. People who try to start a conversation with me before 9:00 a.m. (they never seem to notice I'm half growling at them "shut up, shut up, shut up, shut the fuck up, ...).

3. People who don't mind their own business/drama queens.
e.g. A couple of years ago, one my mates' Dad died of cancer. Naturally, I take time off to go to the funeral, as I'd known this guy since the age of 6. There were only 4 of us close friends going, as it was really a family thing. This fucking drama queen from my class, who had met my mate about 3 times, started getting all soppy in public and wanted to go to the funeral. When told it was just a "family and close friends" thing, she said "but I've got really close to him this past week, I feel like we've been friends forever". Hell! That pissed me off, 'cause she wasn't really simpathetic, she just wanted it to be about her.

Re: The post formerly known as
Joe
Joe Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 7:54 AM Quote
Here's another one. It's a very simple thing, often used by news readers.
"An historic event."

Why "AN"? Unless I'm mistaken, "h" is a consonant, not a vowel. So you'd only need an "n" before "historic" if you weren't pronouncing it correctly (an 'istoric), yet they always emphasise both the "an" and the "His-", as if to say "this is what it SHOULD sound like".

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 8:11 AM Quote
Joe wrote:
Here's another one. It's a very simple thing, often used by news readers.
"An historic event."

Why "AN"? Unless I'm mistaken, "h" is a consonant, not a vowel. So you'd only need an "n" before "historic" if you weren't pronouncing it correctly (an 'istoric), yet they always emphasise both the "an" and the "His-", as if to say "this is what it SHOULD sound like".

Because of French accent maybe?
;)

Joe
Joe Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 8:17 AM Quote
Yeah, let's just follow the traditional English tactic; if all esle fails, blame the French.

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 8:20 AM Quote
Joe wrote:
Yeah, let's just follow the traditional English tactic; if all esle fails, blame the French.

Yes, let's do that. It's funny though, considering i'm not even English :)

Joe
Joe Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 9:10 AM Quote
And another: people under 30 who take offence when you ask how old they are.
e.g. Today, a girl at the office brought croissants in to celebrate her birthday. I gathered she wasn't much older than me (I'm 21) and said "so, how many candles?" and she went all coy and said "less than 30".
I mean, if you're not even 30 left, why hide it? These days people live well into their 90s, so at 30 you're not even a third of your way throught it (in fact, in Spain, at 30, you've only just finished your studies).
Silly people.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] All Times BST Current Time 6:53 AM