ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 3:46 PM Quote
i was kinda shocked how many Kristy songs there are out there on youtube

Re: Kristy's Guide to Canadian Pronounciation
lilly
lilly Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 3:55 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Im pretty sure all my pj pants and shorts have mooses, sheep, monkeys, cows, etc on them. I'm 8 years old.

I have one with dogs and cats, but it has holes everywhere and I can't use it anymore :o(

aaaw, I'd love to have pyjamas with sheep (oooh, and owls!!) on them!!! But I've only got two "Snoopy"-themed ones, they're my favourites ;D

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 5:35 PM Quote
Awwwww Kristy, just watched your video there, twice actually because you do talk quite fast lol. And yes sorry but I am going to agree with the rest, you accent is soooo cute!!! Can't believe you did the HOW NOW BROWN COW!!! lmao And perfectly! You pronounce most things the same but Detroit? eh never heard it that way and very cool you say Wellie and not boot! Who calls it a boot?lol

OMG and that milk in a bag is just CRAZY!!! Well to me anyways.

Would love to hear other peeps, however my accent haaaaaaa you would actually wet yourself laughing...it's crazy in comparison ;) But that's just our Northern Irish ways.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 5:42 PM Quote
haha someday I will teach you guys some swedish, but not today ;)

lilly
lilly Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 5:46 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:

Would love to hear other peeps, however my accent haaaaaaa you would actually wet yourself laughing...it's crazy in comparison ;) But that's just our Northern Irish ways.

oooh, please make a video, will you?? I've never really heard the Northern Irish accent - except on this page (I love the website, always go there when I need some cheering-up ;D)

lilly
lilly Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 5:49 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

please do. I THINK I once pronounced "köttbullar" at IKEA more or less correctly, but the German woman didn't understand me.

Darran
Darran Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 5:52 PM Quote
Watch THIS about Norn Irish food

That's not me by the way.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 5:52 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

please do. I THINK I once pronounced "köttbullar" at IKEA more or less correctly, but the German woman didn't understand me.

I will upload a video on youtube someday, feels a bit awkward to record though...

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 6:32 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Watch THIS about Norn Irish food

That's not me by the way.

I was hoping that would be completely incomprehensible, but other than "farls" I understood every word. Shame.
hehehe, "flour" sounds funny in Norn Iron.
Oh, and my milk bags are weird? Look at that funny little jug.

This doesn't take the place of your own video, you know!

mili
mili Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 6:34 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Oh, don't get me started with German shop assistans! I Once (in 1995) went to Hertie's cosmetics department after rehearsing what I was going to say in German, the b****y woman changed language to English! What a disappointment!!

Mind you, I have story to tell about English language and cosmetics department. I had a Summer job at the cosmetics department of the biggest department store in Scandinavia, and an American guy came to ask for preservatives. None of us Summer workers knew what he meant, and started asking about it loudly. Finally one of the senior employees came to the by now very red faced man's rescue and showed him where the condoms were…

Monica
Monica Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 6:46 PM Quote
Aletways wrote:
In Spanish we could show the differences between our accents =oP . But here there are more people who speak English than people who speak Spanish, so it would be fun for less people.

Hahahahaha. South American accents are similar (I know they're not the same, haha). I would be the only one who spoke different :$
*lol*

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 7:03 PM Quote
You are so massively Canadian! The other word that you can very Canadianly is "that." The a is different. But I'd have to make my own video to show you what I mean. Maybe I'll do that.

Aletways
Aletways Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 7:05 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
Aletways wrote:
In Spanish we could show the differences between our accents =oP . But here there are more people who speak English than people who speak Spanish, so it would be fun for less people.

Hahahahaha. South American accents are similar (I know they're not the same, haha). I would be the only one who spoke different :$
*lol*

Naah! We all talk different! Especially argentinians, mexicans and chileans, or at least those are the hispanic latin american accents I can distinguish easily.

I forgot to say that here we have milk in a bag too. Maybe Juli said it before, I don't know...

Monica
Monica Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 7:11 PM Quote
You're right, Ale ;) I can't tell when someone from Venezuela or Colombia is speaking. For me those two are the same :D

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 7:16 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
You are so massively Canadian!

I'll take that as a compliment!

I need Steph to come on and say that I sound completely normal.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:34 AM