Travis

Re: US Date Announced
Ani
Ani Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 7:47 PM Quote
OMG!!! Now that ticket broker (truetickets on ebay) has another pair of tickets listed for $799! This is absolutely disgusting and appalling! How on earth did they get their grimy hands on so many pairs of tickets? It should be a crime to list them at these prices in this economy!

I am beyond sick to my stomach. :(

Ani
Ani Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 7:49 PM Quote
OMG!!! Now that ticket broker (truetickets on ebay) has another pair of tickets listed for $799! This is absolutely disgusting and appalling! How on earth did they get their grimy hands on so many pairs of tickets? It should be a crime to list them at these prices in this economy!

Ani
Ani Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 7:54 PM Quote
P.S. I just emailed that ticket broker my 2 cents... not that it will matter. Someone will buy those tix for $800 and he'll keep listing them for higher and higher.

Ticketmaster clearly has a deal with these brokers, because it makes no sense for them to have so many tickets when most of us couldn't even get one. I hope Travis becomes aware of this situation and stops selling tickets through TM!

feyza
feyza Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 7:59 PM Quote
I am looking for two tickets :( Please, let me know if anyone finds a way to buy tickets at a decent price... Many thanks...

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 8:07 PM Quote
Ani wrote:

What??? That's appalling indeed! $799???
I'm so sorry for you guys, who couldn't get any tickets yet. I hope you can find a way!

rainyday
rainyday Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 11:31 PM Quote

i've never had any trouble getting a TRAVIS ticket before - this is horrible :(

Pressed submit at exactly 10am and they had already sold out! darn ticket agencies!

this is sooo frustrating. If for some reason, anyone would like to sell me 2 tickets please email me at rainanydaynow@aol.com.

I hope we all find tickets at a reasonable price.

Good luck to you all :)
Kristin

imagana
imagana Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 12:42 AM Quote
I've never had problems either. I am bummed, too. I didn't get any tix as well. Keep checking on a daily basis on TM. Maybe something will come up. Crossing fingers!

Jessica
Jessica Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 3:47 AM Quote
Oh my goodness, I'm glad it wasn't just me that couldn't get tickets, but this is really bullshit!! I got up to get the tickets at 9 am, and then started freaking out because I wasn't able to. Then I saw that they actually went on sale at 10 am, so I went back to sleep, and woke up a bit before 10. I was on Ticketmaster at 10:02 am and I couldn't get tickets!!! I was like, "WTF?! How did it sell out in 2 minutes?!" My friends and I are soo upset. I am going to see if there is any way I can e-mail the band and tell them about this outrage. There is currently a pair of tickets on eBay selling for $1000!!

Pipestar
Pipestar Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 5:15 AM Quote
So I've spent the whole day trying calling around to ticket agencies and checking ebay every hour. I am amazed at the amount of ticket agencies that were able to get their hands on these. I did see a seller on Ebay selling tickets for $250 each and I am very tempted.....I may need to sleep on it but then I fear they will be gone. Someone tell me I am outta my mind. haha

Ani
Ani Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 6:57 AM Quote
I'm so sorry to hear about everyone else who didn't get tix. :( We were all online at 10am on the dot with the same crappy result. I've also spent hours checking sites and calling around and all I see around me is GREED.

Pipestar, I'm amazed at how many ticket agencies got tickets as well. And it seems like prices are going up by the hour on ebay! I honestly can't think of anything more unfair or disgusting. These sellers really have no shame. I'm not letting myself get tempted by their prices because I don't want to feed their evil pockets! I'd rather pay Travis directly.

If anyone gets in touch with the band, please let them know about this BS! They should never trust Ticketmaster with their ticket sales again.

In the meantime let's keep trying...

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 7:18 AM Quote
OH nooo... Oh god, let even more of the depression pour down on me right now. I didn't get a ticket either.
I had no idea that it was such a small venue? I don't know much about the music scene in terms of venues and that sort of thing..

I'm really glad that people in other countries get to see Travis for the first time ever. But I'm so bummed that the only date so far for the U.S. is completely sold out.

I hope the reason there is only one date scheduled isn't because the rest of the world perceives the U.S. negatively. Because there are so many people living in the U.S. who disagree with the policies of the Bush Administration. And also, not to be rude, but there are so many people in OTHER countries that are damn well ignorant, yet feel they have the right to talk down on the U.S. and generalize absolutely everyone who lives here. Who said everyone here wants to live here anyway? Sigh...ranting...

I hope that another U.S. date gets announced :(
Crossing my fingers until then*
And hoping the band doesn't somehow dislike coming here... X'(((( sadness..

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 7:24 AM Quote
Agh, I need ANOTHER post to say how sad I am!!!
I'm so freaking bummed about this!!! Aiy la tristeza!!!
Tearssss!!!!
I might just go to LA that day anyway and hang out the back to meet them at the end but still. So..freaking..sad...

sdoah
sdoah Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 3:57 PM Quote
I am truly lucky also. I called into Ticketmaster right before 10 a.m. and I was able to get two tickets to the Troubadour also. Actually, I wanted to take my wife and two sons so I had my mom calling in from her house, but she wasn't able to get a pair. It sold out too fast, but I'm thankful for my two!

Pipestar
Pipestar Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 4:37 PM Quote
All the ticket agencies I called yesterday said try back early in the week, so I'll let you guys know what I find out. I already know that even if I find them they will cost insane $$.
I did not buy the $250 ones... As much as I want to see them I am too pissed off at these agencies I can't bring myself to give them $ like that.
I truly hope the band hears about this to avoid this in the future. I have to think they would be pretty disappointed to hear about this whole situation!

oneofthe3
oneofthe3 Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 7:08 PM Quote
alyrtle wrote:

I hope the reason there is only one date scheduled isn't because the rest of the world perceives the U.S. negatively. Because there are so many people living in the U.S. who disagree with the policies of the Bush Administration. And also, not to be rude, but there are so many people in OTHER countries that are damn well ignorant, yet feel they have the right to talk down on the U.S. and generalize absolutely everyone who lives here. Who said everyone here wants to live here anyway? Sigh...ranting...

If that was the case, they wouldn't have toured last year, the policies are the same, the dickhead at the top's the same too. It does seem extremely bizarre to just play one show though.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:11 AM