Travis

Re: Last film you saw
Lord_Conker
Lord_Conker Posted Tue 03 Nov, 2009 1:19 AM Quote
Ringu 0: Birthday

I don't recommend it...seems like the first Ringu is the only good movie of the trilogy

daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Tue 03 Nov, 2009 11:17 AM Quote
i've just re-watched lost in translation
amazing

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 05 Nov, 2009 6:34 PM Quote
i really really want to see this one !

http://www.collider.com/wp-content/image-base/Movies/M/Men_Who_Stare_at_Goats/posters/The%20Men%20Who%20Stare%20at%20Goats%20movie%20poster.jpg

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 05 Nov, 2009 7:14 PM Quote
Jennifer's Body. I thought it's gonna be cooler but still not bad. As for a movie with Megan 'Plastic' Fox in it.

dee
dee Posted Thu 05 Nov, 2009 8:28 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

http://www.impawards.com/2009/posters/men_who_stare_at_goats.jpg

me too!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 06 Nov, 2009 10:09 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

http://www.collider.com/wp-content/image-base/Movies/M/Men_Who_Stare_at_Goats/posters/The%20Men%20Who%20Stare%20at%20Goats%20movie%20poster.jpg

frigin awesome !

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Sat 07 Nov, 2009 10:45 PM Quote
tonight i went to see disney's a christmas carol. it was so spooky, i didn't really expect that xD but i liked it.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sun 08 Nov, 2009 1:24 AM Quote
Sarah- wrote:
tonight i went to see disney's a christmas carol. it was so spooky, i didn't really expect that xD but i liked it.

Aw cool, did you see it in 3D? I never get sick of new movies of this story, my favourite's the Muppets.

sallycc
sallycc Posted Sun 08 Nov, 2009 4:54 AM Quote
500 days of summer...heard good things about it, but very disappointed afterward...the most memorable piece about the film is the fact that i've always wanted to work as a writer for greeting card company (an occupation that i didn't think actually existed in the real world til i saw this film)

maru
maru Posted Sun 08 Nov, 2009 10:41 PM Quote
yesterday I saw The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, I really liked it!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 09 Nov, 2009 1:43 AM Quote
sallycc wrote:
500 days of summer...heard good things about it, but very disappointed afterward...the most memorable piece about the film is the fact that i've always wanted to work as a writer for greeting card company (an occupation that i didn't think actually existed in the real world til i saw this film)

I watched it last week and thought it was pretty good. Plus the soundtrack's great!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 10 Nov, 2009 1:08 AM Quote
'Doubt'. I loved it. Meryl Streep was beyond amazing in this one.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 23 Nov, 2009 7:53 AM Quote
I recently went to see the Fantastic Mr.Fox a rather disappointing Wes Anderson film, I got the feeling it was full of "in" jokes and was being to smart for it's own good. It was entertaining and OK but that's all it was... just OK. It tried to be a kids film and an adults film at the same time and basically missed both targets. not a bad soundtrack and a quite amusing "cameo" (can you have a cameo in an animated film??) by Jarvis Cocker.

A rather disappointing film from the director who was never really hit the form of The Life Aquatic since.

6 out of 10

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 23 Nov, 2009 7:56 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

frigin awesome !

I've read The Men Who Stare at Goats, by Jon Ronson (?) amusing in places but not exactly a comedy, it's actually about torture techniques during the Iraqi conflict. but may go see it this week.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 23 Nov, 2009 8:07 AM Quote

Harry Brown.

Good, if a little predictable. While not quite Death Wish it's not far off and you really do know the story already, However Caine is brilliant, as usual, the storyline is believable and the fact that the film is then full of "unknowns" adds to it as it doesn't distract from the storyline. The protaganists are particularly vicious and scarily accurate.

8 out of 10

Dubz

Pages Previous 1...34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:45 AM