Travis

Re: Next Boardie Exchange ideas. discuss
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 2:59 PM Quote
Why would it have to be secret?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 3:10 PM Quote
it doesnt HAVE to be. I was just trying to accomodate the Secret Santa idea.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 3:14 PM Quote
Have you ran into a window in that avatar?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 3:21 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Have you ran into a window in that avatar?

no, but it does kinda look it, doesnt it?
I will explain myself again...
A friend wanted a pic of my haircut but i got tired of taking happy smiley pics, and i look stupid and frightened when i try to smile on command, so i took random ones.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 3:25 PM Quote
I see. *walks off, convinced yet again, that all women are clearly mental*

Darran
Darran Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 3:36 PM Quote
I think she is letting one rip.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 3:42 PM Quote
^^LOL at both Gladly and Darran.

I don't see how it could be secret and Kristy, if we all mailed it to you that would mean you're mailing multiple international packages. Which means either you're paying for it or we have to figure out how to send you Canadianish money and how much blah blah blah.

I vote candy just because it's small and standard. I think saying "something from your country" is too vague.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 3:46 PM Quote
Ok maybe not a Secret Santa as such since we will know who we are sending to but a gift from our respective countries and ofcourse it doesn't have to be expensive just a little token gift. Obviously the lighter it is the less it will cost to post (as the cookies where v heavy and pricey) lol.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 3:48 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
^^LOL at both Gladly and Darran.

I don't see how it could be secret and Kristy, if we all mailed it to you that would mean you're mailing multiple international packages. Which means either you're paying for it or we have to figure out how to send you Canadianish money and how much blah blah blah.

I vote candy just because it's small and standard. I think saying "something from your country" is too vague.

I think the way it would work is Kristy would privately tell us who we are mailing to. That way you won't know who your package is going to be from. You know who to send a package to, but who is sending one to you would be a surprise. Like drawing names out of a hat when you were in grade school.

The worry I have about candy...American candy is pretty much available everywhere. It may go by a different name, but it's the same candy.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 4:11 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

I think the way it would work is Kristy would privately tell us who we are mailing to. That way you won't know who your package is going to be from. You know who to send a package to, but who is sending one to you would be a surprise. Like drawing names out of a hat when you were in grade school.

The worry I have about candy...American candy is pretty much available everywhere. It may go by a different name, but it's the same candy.

Oh. Duh. That makes so much more sense.

Not sure about the candy. That could be right.

Darran
Darran Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 4:21 PM Quote
I'm happy with Kristy to sort it if those that are interested pm her their address and then she can pass it onto a random boarder*

*Within reason

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 4:24 PM Quote
oh ya, i didnt mean everyone send them to me! I mean everyone sends me their address and then i pm everyone, so it is secret!

Yes, i am mental.
Darran, that was rude.

Maybe we should just do a generic secret (or unsecret if we so decide) christmas thing and people can decide on their own what they want to send. We can set a price limit (in multiple currencies) people can send what they like.

edit: Anne, i love that apperently my currency is "Canadianish money"

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 4:37 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

I thought you would like that. I giggled trying to think of something that would sound ignorant.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 4:39 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
minnmess wrote:

I thought you would like that. I giggled trying to think of something that would sound ignorant.

usually we get the claim that it is monopoly money bc it is different colours. Even though most other country's money is different colours as well. And now the US is adding tints to their money.
Canadianish is cute though.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 4:43 PM Quote
BOOZE. Anyone?

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:45 AM