Travis

Re: Baseball fever anyone?
SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:29 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
you have 24 teams! that is enough!
My degree is in Communications, so kinda the same!
The location of the invention of hockey is in dispute. Some say Kingston, ON, some say Montreal, PQ (PQ is Quebec for those not in the know) and some say Windsor, NS. I dont believe there is one inventor. It kinda changed and developed over the years from things like lacrosse. It wasnt invented by one person, like basketball, which was invented by a...CANADIAN. you guessed it. Dr. James Naysmith. We have a heritage moments commerical for that one too, Anne. I know how much you love them.

naysmith is canadian? what the??? so you guys should "love" basketball,the only canadian i know who can really play is steve nash....hm,interesting. and about the major, it's the same communications major as yours, i just had pick a specific area, and i chose interpersonal. cool, we have something else in common

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:32 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Turning a baseball thread into a hockey thread? Hee hee.

Back to baseball, sometimes (Flat) Travis hang out at Comerica Park (aka Tiger Stadium).
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3224/2879623209_d9461f8db1_m.jpg

are you a tigers fan?....sorry, i was one of those who thought they would dominate this year, they had put together an amazing group of players, looked good

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:34 PM Quote
the american league designated hitter rule blows

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:38 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
the american league designated hitter rule blows

i don't know, i sometimes wish the national league would adopt it. too many ppl talk about how much better the american league is cuz of the run scoring, when that one rule makes all the difference. it kinda sucks when you have a chance to score and the next batter is the pitcher who can't hit jack s**t

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:42 PM Quote
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:
minnmess wrote:
The location of the invention of hockey is in dispute. Some say Kingston, ON, some say Montreal, PQ (PQ is Quebec for those not in the know) and some say Windsor, NS. I dont believe there is one inventor. It kinda changed and developed over the years from things like lacrosse. It wasnt invented by one person, like basketball, which was invented by a...CANADIAN. you guessed it. Dr. James Naysmith. We have a heritage moments commerical for that one too, Anne. I know how much you love them.

naysmith is canadian? what the??? so you guys should "love" basketball,the only canadian i know who can really play is steve nash....hm,interesting. and about the major, it's the same communications major as yours, i just had pick a specific area, and i chose interpersonal. cool, we have something else in common

yup naysmith is a canuck. There are a few Canadian basketball players but Steve Nash is the most famous/most awesome. I dont love basketball, but i do like it. I mean, i like, but dont love zippers, and they are a canadian adventure too! lol
I did a combined media/organizational comm degree (organization would be more the interpersonal side...)

all threads will be about hockey if Nikki and I have anything to do with it!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:42 PM Quote
nah always hated that rule . hate it even more when during interleague play a national league team uses it

Go Phillies !

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:48 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

hey you should keep us informed on the status of the Hot Shots . You guys playing alot ?

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:56 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:
minnmess wrote:

yup naysmith is a canuck. There are a few Canadian basketball players but Steve Nash is the most famous/most awesome. I dont love basketball, but i do like it. I mean, i like, but dont love zippers, and they are a canadian adventure too! lol
I did a combined media/organizational comm degree (organization would be more the interpersonal side...)

i do "love" basketball, baseball is in season right now or else i'd be talkin bout my lakers. i dont' mind talkin puck as long you know what the hell your talkin about, which apparently, you girls do

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:58 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
nah always hated that rule . hate it even more when during interleague play a national league team uses it

Go Phillies !

there's a chance that the dodgers will play the phillies, if they both win their respective divisions,hm, that would be interesting

TK23
TK23 Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 11:00 PM Quote
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:
TK23 wrote:
I'm a really big fan of the Tampa Bay Rays (I'm from the Tampa area). It's been such an amazing year for them. Sadly, the last home game was on Saturday. Definitely looking forward to next season... but more importantly- seeing them become champions of the American League East (we hope!) ; )

The Rays are awsome! I can't believe how they have come together so quickly, they are a really exciting team to watch, just so you know, I'm not a rays fan but i have been rooting for them especially against teams like boston and new york. You know what would be really cool? if the world series was between the Dodgers and the Rays, that would be amazing!

Yeah, it sure has been exciting- especially for the fans! Trust me, it is ten times more fun to go to a game when your team actually WINS! Haha.

If the Dodgers & the Rays go to the World Series, you're going down. : P That would definitely be cool!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 11:01 PM Quote
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:

are you a tigers fan?....sorry, i was one of those who thought they would dominate this year, they had put together an amazing group of players, looked good

That's the home team, but I don't really follow any sports except Red Wings hockey.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 11:06 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
minnmess wrote:

hey you should keep us informed on the status of the Hot Shots . You guys playing alot ?

hahaha, Hotshots was my summer team. Summer hockey is done now.

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 11:28 PM Quote
TK23 wrote:
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:
TK23 wrote:
I'm a really big fan of the Tampa Bay Rays (I'm from the Tampa area). It's been such an amazing year for them. Sadly, the last home game was on Saturday. Definitely looking forward to next season... but more importantly- seeing them become champions of the American League East (we hope!) ; )

The Rays are awsome! I can't believe how they have come together so quickly, they are a really exciting team to watch, just so you know, I'm not a rays fan but i have been rooting for them especially against teams like boston and new york. You know what would be really cool? if the world series was between the Dodgers and the Rays, that would be amazing!

Yeah, it sure has been exciting- especially for the fans! Trust me, it is ten times more fun to go to a game when your team actually WINS! Haha.

If the Dodgers & the Rays go to the World Series, you're going down. : P That would definitely be cool!

i know, i've been to about 15 dodgers games this season so far, and i already bought tickets for the playoffs!...wait, we're going down???, the only reason why you guys are so good is because most of your players are from california, evan longoria is from downey ca which is just a couple miles from where i live!;-p...that's actually scary to me if they do play each other cuz everytime a local guy comes to la he puts on a show for friends and family, not fun for the dodgers

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 11:29 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:

That's the home team, but I don't really follow any sports except Red Wings hockey.

ok, probably better that way, less grief, trust me,it ain't always easy being a baseball fan

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 11:34 PM Quote
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:

the only reason why you guys are so good is because most of your players are from california, evan longoria is from downey ca which is just a couple miles from where i live!;-p...that's actually scary to me if they do play each other cuz everytime a local guy comes to la he puts on a show for friends and family, not fun for the dodgers

well the Dodgers are only good bc they have a Canadian catcher! he he

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:20 AM