Travis

Re: Books!
Darran
Darran Posted Thu 04 Dec, 2008 11:24 AM Quote
Hmmmmmm, maybe a Christmas Present in that case.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 04 Dec, 2008 2:22 PM Quote
http://www.expressobeans.com/remote/3837:118506.jpg

this one is coming out in paperback soon . click on it to enlarge

Kristy
Kristy Posted Thu 04 Dec, 2008 2:30 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Exit Music - Ian Rankin (Rebus' final novel was a bit sh!t to be honest, same formulated storyline)

I've read it, but can't remember the storyline at all. Was gonna buy it, being the last one 'n all, glad I didn't.
I think the last two were both unremarkable, which is a shame as the series is/was good.

And Sina, which one of the series did you read?

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 04 Dec, 2008 4:54 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Hmmmmmm, maybe a Christmas Present in that case.

That would be a good Xmas pressie! Good read and fun but serious at points too :)

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Thu 04 Dec, 2008 5:01 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Currently reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson. It's BRILLIANT! Anyone else read it???

OUI !

Brilliant book - the 2 others aren't bad either.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 04 Dec, 2008 5:06 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:

The Gift - Cecelia Ahern - 5/10
The Yes Man - Danny Wallace - 10/10

What happened to Cecelia Ahern? I thought Ps. I Love You was a good book. A quick, cute read, but everything else ive tried to read since by her has been crap. I tried reading If You Could See Me Now in the summer and thought it was awful.

And is that the book that the new Jim Carey movie is based on?

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 04 Dec, 2008 7:29 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Peewee wrote:

The Gift - Cecelia Ahern - 5/10
The Yes Man - Danny Wallace - 10/10

What happened to Cecelia Ahern? I thought Ps. I Love You was a good book. A quick, cute read, but everything else ive tried to read since by her has been crap. I tried reading If You Could See Me Now in the summer and thought it was awful.

And is that the book that the new Jim Carey movie is based on?

Oh I agree with you Kristy! Cecelia Ahern really has gone down the tubes. I tries reading If You Could See Me Know too but it was rubbish so never finished it. Blah!

Ohhhhh I don't know about that Jim Carey film! Must check that out.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 04 Dec, 2008 7:34 PM Quote
I just saw an advert for it the other day. I think it has the same name, if not, it is definatley the same premise.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Fri 05 Dec, 2008 9:11 PM Quote
I started 1984 by George Orwell yesterday and I can't put it down! I'm going through a whole 50's / 60's phase in books at the moment, and a 70's phase in movies and music.

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 05 Dec, 2008 9:27 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I just saw an advert for it the other day. I think it has the same name, if not, it is definatley the same premise.

yes Kristy - the very one. Have you ever come across any Danny Wallace? He's quite Bill Bryson - you'd like him!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 05 Dec, 2008 9:35 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
minnmess wrote:

yes Kristy - the very one. Have you ever come across any Danny Wallace? He's quite Bill Bryson - you'd like him!

really? I know nothing of this fella but if he is anything like Bill Bryson, I'm alllll over it.
Thanks Moray!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 2:11 AM