Travis

Re: How Travis are opening their shows...
jambut
jambut Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 7:21 PM Quote
Eledh wrote:
auronsquall wrote:

Are musicals as big in the UK as they are in Broadway NY?

Well, I don't know if they're as much as big, but... I know that there are a lot of musicals in London, and I want to see the most of them.
Wicked, the sound of music, the lion king, mamma mia, the lord of the ring yadda yadda yadda...
XD

Yes but its more of a nationwide thing at amateur level but professional is mostly restricted to The West End and the bigger theatres in the UK. However the professional training schools for musical theatre are spread throughout LIPA is in Liverpool, Elmhurst - Birmingham, The Hammond - Chester. Dignity dead

anyhoo hmm wonder how Travis are planning to open shows at themoment. Maybe they'll have something completely new for the album tour.

auronsquall
auronsquall Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 7:29 PM Quote
jambut wrote:
Eledh wrote:
auronsquall wrote:

Are musicals as big in the UK as they are in Broadway NY?

Well, I don't know if they're as much as big, but... I know that there are a lot of musicals in London, and I want to see the most of them.
Wicked, the sound of music, the lion king, mamma mia, the lord of the ring yadda yadda yadda...
XD

Yes but its more of a nationwide thing at amateur level but professional is mostly restricted to The West End and the bigger theatres in the UK. However the professional training schools for musical theatre are spread throughout LIPA is in Liverpool, Elmhurst - Birmingham, The Hammond - Chester. Dignity dead

anyhoo hmm wonder how Travis are planning to open shows at themoment. Maybe they'll have something completely new for the album tour.

thanks for clearing that up guys =D

maybe they'll use another musical number, seasons of love from rent? haha that would be epic

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 10:29 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Eledh wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
The Sound of Music AND Travis???!!! Mmmmmmm, two great tastes that taste great together! I am such a Sound of Music nut! (As if you needed yet another example of my cornballishness.)

I don't know what "cornballishness" means, but...
I love The Sound Of Music and I love Travis. XD
We're in the same boat, sister. XD
I love the Sound of Music. Its one of my favorite movies. That's so cool that you got to go on the tour in Austria. I've heard about it, and it sounds like fun.

A "corny" person or a "cornball" is like a nerd.
It's hard to find people who admit they like that movie. I even went on the Sound of Music tour when I was in Austria. It was so much fun!

ashleymummy
ashleymummy Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 2:09 AM Quote
I luv the old movie "SOUND OF MUSIC" too, it is always 1 of my old favorites, & so many classic songs from there. How those young kids were so young then, now all past 50s & 60s - kinda amazed me how time can fly so so fast.

Likewise when now we looking at Travis at this current 2008, look at them at 10 yrs back, wow they look so young back in '98 then. Another 10 yrs later which will b 2018 - I hope they'll still be around & singing great classic songs like how I view "do re mea' from the SOM. :)

mayfly
mayfly Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 2:35 PM Quote
The opening of Korea show is this.
http://blog.daum.net/super80/12242921?srchid=BR1http%3A%2F%2Fblog.daum.net%2Fsuper80%2F12242921

origined from Zeitgeist.
http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=pAuUWptFWm8

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 5:31 AM