Travis

Re: The
physke
physke Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 1:33 AM Quote
kiwi wrote:
physke wrote:
kiwi wrote:

Haha, definately nice 'jobs' though the evil glare i receive when i call it that is not cool haha. My favourite thing is no income tax in the summer!

I'm studying Archaeology & Prehistory, you?

Hahaha, the same thing:) There are many thing I am exempt from just because I am a student!

your field of study is awesome! I've been graduated from architecture faculty this year and now will continue my studies in electronical reconstruction of historical sites(I guess)

Its great! They want to reward us for reading and going to lectures :)

Cool, electronic reconstruction? That sounds complicated!

well, I've always had an interest in history - and computer as well. I hope that I will have the chance to combine them finally..

I am sleeping zzzzz it's 3.34am zzzz good night!

dee
dee Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 3:02 AM Quote
Helen *the original* wrote:
My job can be so very boring because its such a small library it can be dead for hours and i only work with one other person so you have to get along really which can be hard.

But on the plus side i did get a book out today that i haven't read since i was a kid.

"The Owl Who Was Afraid of the Dark" by Jill Tomlinson

My mum used to read it to me and if i didn't work at the library i wouldn't have thought to get it out and read it as tonight's bedtime story :D

love that book! did it with a class last year, gotta love a bird called plop:D

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 8:56 AM Quote
dee wrote:
My job can be so very boring because its such a small library it can be dead for hours and i only work with one other person so you have to get along really which can be hard.

But on the plus side i did get a book out today that i haven't read since i was a kid.

My mum used to read it to me and if i didn't work at the library i wouldn't have thought to get it out and read it as tonight's bedtime story :D

Ha ha i know! There's a short read book called Plop City that we have too. It must be a thing to teach kids to associate birds with the word plop lol

nesmap
nesmap Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 1:13 PM Quote
physke wrote:
kiwi wrote:

Haha, definately nice 'jobs' though the evil glare i receive when i call it that is not cool haha. My favourite thing is no income tax in the summer!

Hahaha, the same thing:) There are many thing I am exempt from just because I am a student!

your field of study is awesome! I've been graduated from architecture faculty this year and now will continue my studies in electronical reconstruction of historical sites(I guess)

Wow - archaeologists!

Butting in just to say I study archaeology too. Yay :D

kiwi
kiwi Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 4:03 PM Quote
nesmap wrote:
physke wrote:
kiwi wrote:

Wow - archaeologists!

Oh, cool! Whereabouts are you studying?
Its a pretty sweet degree aye?

nesmap
nesmap Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 11:46 AM Quote
kiwi wrote:
nesmap wrote:
physke wrote:
kiwi wrote:

Wow - archaeologists!

Oh, cool! Whereabouts are you studying?
Its a pretty sweet degree aye?

Was at Hull for my undergraduate but I'm just finishing up my Masters in Newcastle.

Twill be time for me to get a job soon :s

What about you?

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 11:26 PM Quote
Can I join!!?

Kids think teachers lay back in their deckchairs drinking cocktails from July-September. I wish. Today (and again tomorrow), I've been mostly sitting in the uni library reading great big thick books about how to deal with blah blah blah in time for the new term.

It even embarassed me! There was an example question something along the lines of 'what is 8% of 250' that apparantly 80% of 15 year olds get right.

I was like ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........spending about 10 minutes sitting there scratching my head thinking 'I can't really be this thick, surely'. But apparantly I am.:)

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 8:47 AM Quote
My manager yelled at me yesterday so i gave her my "you don't fuck with me" look to shut her up.
It worked.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sat 09 Aug, 2008 4:18 PM Quote
dee wrote:

OMG I remember reading that book in primary school. I loved it too!!! :)

Kristy
Kristy Posted Sat 09 Aug, 2008 4:20 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
dee wrote:

OMG I remember reading that book in primary school. I loved it too!!! :)

Me too.
And the one with the elephants - can't remember what it was called, it had a bedtime theme ...

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 12:59 PM