Travis

Re: Favourite ice cream flavour
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 04 Jul, 2008 7:29 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

so you 're saying breyers is better then strohs ?

Well, for that flavor, yes. I'm kind of on a no artificial flavors/colors/preservatives kick. But I will say, taste-wise, Stroh's French Vanilla is pretty darn yummy.

Rachel & I are getting ready to make our own homemade vanilla ice cream now. We will also be learning about ENDOTHERMIC REACTION! Oooooh, it's food and it's science! I will let everyone know how it turns out.

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Fri 04 Jul, 2008 7:35 PM Quote
♥ Moka ♥

The best flavour ^^

iraida
iraida Posted Fri 04 Jul, 2008 7:44 PM Quote
Cappuccino or Chocolate :) nice I love to eat ice cream while is raining!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 04 Jul, 2008 8:16 PM Quote
this thread has inspired me to get my ice cream maker out of its box and attempt home made ice cream! i've been waiting for summer ever since i bought it! xD

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 04 Jul, 2008 8:40 PM Quote
You have an ice cream maker? Verrrrry interesting.

Well, Rachel & I just made homemade ice cream in a bag. I bought heavy cream instead of half and half like the recipe said. Before we put it in the freezer, I thought, hey, if it's heavy whipping cream, I wonder if I mixed it with the electric mixer if it would get all creamy and wonderful? IT DID! It's just like Dairy Queen! Mmmmmmm! Rachel said it was the best ice cream she's ever eaten.

If you want to try it:

In a quart size zip-lock bag put
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (that's an American teaspoon, I think British tsp. is different???)
3 Tablespoons sugar (again that's American Tablespoon)

Get as much air out as you can, then slip that bag into another in case it spills.

Then get a gallon size bag and fill it about half way with ice and add almost a cup of salt. That's where the endothermic reaction comes in! Put your ice cream mixture into the bag and "Shake it up, oooooh oooooooh, shake it up!" for about 10 minutes. Pour your ice cream out into a bowl and mix it with an electric mixer for 3 minutes, then freeze. I'm expecting wonderful things after it is properly frozen.

dee
dee Posted Fri 04 Jul, 2008 9:38 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Well, Rachel & I just made homemade ice cream in a bag. I bought heavy cream instead of half and half like the recipe said. Before we put it in the freezer, I thought, hey, if it's heavy whipping cream, I wonder if I mixed it with the electric mixer if it would get all creamy and wonderful? IT DID! It's just like Dairy Queen! Mmmmmmm! Rachel said it was the best ice cream she's ever eaten.

If you want to try it:

1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (that's an American teaspoon, I think British tsp. is different???)

Get as much air out as you can, then slip that bag into another in case it spills.

Then get a gallon size bag and fill it about half way with ice and add almost a cup of salt. That's where the endothermic reaction comes in! Put your ice cream mixture into the bag and "Shake it up, oooooh oooooooh, shake it up!" for about 10 minutes. Pour your ice cream out into a bowl and mix it with an electric mixer for 3 minutes, then freeze. I'm expecting wonderful things after it is properly frozen.

i've done this before-it's faboo.
i put crushed smarties through mine to make it just like a mcflurry:)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 04 Jul, 2008 9:53 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

If you want to try it:

1 cup heavy cream

that sounds yummy! And helpful since i dont know where my ice cream maker is, or if my parents secretly got rid of it while i was away at university. *shakes fist*

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Sat 05 Jul, 2008 11:44 AM Quote
rebekah wrote:
Any form of Ben and Jerry's :D

fantastic!!

totally agree

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Sat 05 Jul, 2008 12:30 PM Quote
melon sorbet
watermelon sorbet

yummy !

lilly
lilly Posted Sat 05 Jul, 2008 4:03 PM Quote
perfect mixture: pistachio and raspberry!

making a raspberry sorbet right now :)
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/content/images/staticpages/recipes/raspberrysorbet.jpg

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Sat 05 Jul, 2008 4:12 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
perfect mixture: pistaccio and raspberry!

making a raspberry sorbet right now :)
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/content/images/staticpages/recipes/raspberrysorbet.jpg

oh my God!

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Sun 06 Jul, 2008 1:40 AM Quote
Honey and almond with lemon.
Rock'n roll!

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Sun 06 Jul, 2008 7:40 AM Quote
It is soooo hot right that I would like to eat an ice-cream right now. If I was in the US, I would get butter pecan (yummmm)...or go to Coldstone and get my mixture: raspberries and macadamia nuts mixed in vanilla ice cream. But, since I am in Izmir, I will go for one of the local favorites: black mulberry and chocolate chips.......It is goooooooood.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Sun 06 Jul, 2008 9:00 AM Quote
champagnesupernova wrote:
Honey and almond with lemon.
Rock'n roll!

sounds lovely - something i've never tried.

rootless_tree
rootless_tree Posted Sun 06 Jul, 2008 3:43 PM Quote
The best one i ever had was christms pudding flavour... kinda helps if you like christmas pudding though!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:27 AM