Travis

Re: Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
audrey
audrey Posted Mon 04 Jun, 2007 9:29 PM Quote
pining for the FYORDS.

ahahaha.

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Mon 04 Jun, 2007 11:23 PM Quote
Have to say one of the best Monty Python things that always cracks me up isn't actually noticed. Its in the Life of Brian film when they are going to buy stones and a woman walks past with a donkey across her back:

Salesman: Going to the stoning today, madam?
Woman: Ohh, i haven't got time to go to no stoning...he's not well again
*donkey honks*

Probably doesn't seem much to you but watching it just makes me cry ha ha, my fave film ever.

But talking of python sketches, this is definately a fave...

Fish related sketch

kiwi
kiwi Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 2:37 PM Quote
can't watch youtube...the internet cafe i use blocked it, what to do!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 4:18 PM Quote
Andrew wrote:
(This is how one creates a classic thread, weenies take note)

Very simple, post your favourite Monty Python clip on youtube, and what better way to start than...

The greatest of all time

(ok either logging out and in, or changing the thread title seemed to fix it)

I love the voice John Cleese does in this one

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 4:41 PM Quote
Helen *the original* wrote:
Have to say one of the best Monty Python things that always cracks me up isn't actually noticed. Its in the Life of Brian film when they are going to buy stones and a woman walks past with a donkey across her back:

*donkey honks*

Probably doesn't seem much to you but watching it just makes me cry ha ha, my fave film ever.

Fish related sketch
#
Lol, especially since it's an inflatable donkey. Ah, Life of Brian is all genius though. Did you know... George Harrison plays a cameo in it?

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 5:38 PM Quote
I can't get you tube at work... so unless someone can find it and post it, I'll take this gem of quotes from the Holy grail

King Arthur: Old woman.
Dennis: Man.
King Arthur: Man, sorry. What knight lives in that castle over there?
Dennis: I'm 37.
King Arthur: What?
Dennis: I'm 37. I'm not old.
King Arthur: Well I can't just call you "man".
Dennis: Well you could say "Dennis".
King Arthur: I didn't know you were called Dennis.
Dennis: Well you didn't bother to find out did you?
King Arthur: I did say sorry about the "old woman", but from behind you looked...
Dennis: What I object to is you automatically treat me like an inferior.
King Arthur: Well I am king.
Dennis: Oh, king eh? Very nice. And how'd you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers. By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society.
King Arthur: I am your king.
Woman: Well I didn't vote for you.
King Arthur: You don't vote for kings.
Woman: Well how'd you become king then?
[Angelic music plays... ]
King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.
Dennis: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dennis: Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dennis: Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.

Dennis: Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
King Arthur: Bloody peasant!
Dennis: Oh, what a giveaway! Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about! Did you see him repressing me? You saw him, Didn't you?

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 6:32 PM Quote
Lumberjack song

is it working?

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 6:33 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
I can't get you tube at work... so unless someone can find it and post it, I'll take this gem of quotes from the Holy grail

King Arthur: Old woman.
Dennis: Man.
King Arthur: Man, sorry. What knight lives in that castle over there?
Dennis: I'm 37.
King Arthur: What?
Dennis: I'm 37. I'm not old.
King Arthur: Well I can't just call you "man".
Dennis: Well you could say "Dennis".
King Arthur: I didn't know you were called Dennis.
Dennis: Well you didn't bother to find out did you?
King Arthur: I did say sorry about the "old woman", but from behind you looked...
Dennis: What I object to is you automatically treat me like an inferior.
King Arthur: Well I am king.
Dennis: Oh, king eh? Very nice. And how'd you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers. By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society.
King Arthur: I am your king.
Woman: Well I didn't vote for you.
King Arthur: You don't vote for kings.
Woman: Well how'd you become king then?
[Angelic music plays... ]
King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.
Dennis: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Dennis: Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Dennis: Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.

Dennis: Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
King Arthur: Bloody peasant!
Dennis: Oh, what a giveaway! Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about! Did you see him repressing me? You saw him, Didn't you?

Hahaha fucking classic!! =D

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 7:17 PM Quote
spam

i've got the hang of it now thanks for help

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 7:42 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

*donkey honks*

Fish related sketch
#
Lol, especially since it's an inflatable donkey. Ah, Life of Brian is all genius though. Did you know... George Harrison plays a cameo in it?

Yeps i knew that, it was cos he was such a huge python fan. I can hear his 'hello' now. If you know Life of Brian well then this may impress you...i've got a photo with one fo the roman guards that is stood near the wall in the stoning scene. He was sat on the same table as us in greece once and me and my family were all like 'oh my god there's that guy!' hee hee

Andrew
Andrew Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 8:01 PM Quote

Yeps i knew that, it was cos he was such a huge python fan.

.......aaaaaaaaand he helped fund the filming. *geek* :D

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 8:04 PM Quote
Andrew wrote:

Ha ha he did indeed...i think we're all python geeks inside, especially if you have a photo of a random extra from one of the films! ;-P

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 9:20 PM Quote
Andrew wrote:

"handmade films". Its like a geek-a-thon!!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 9:40 AM