Travis

Re: 15 days in Scotland
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 21 Aug, 2008 7:58 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/2095/dsc00571xx3.jpg

looks like TEXAS

tsk, tsk...no it doesn't the Texas Longhorn look really different, actually...they don't have bangs, lol!

Here's a TX longhorn:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0cf74cieLk66t/610x.jpg

by the way...lovely photos! I'd love to visit Scotland one day!

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 21 Aug, 2008 8:30 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Beautiful pictures!! I want to go to Scotland so bad!

Moray, I just noticed on the map on the first page of this thread that there's a place called the Moray Firth! Were you named after this? :)

From Wiki:
"It is the largest firth in Scotland. The firth has more than 800 kilometres (about 500 miles) of coastline, much of which is cliff. A number of rivers flow into the Moray Firth, including the River Ness and the River Spey. Various smaller firths and bays are inlets of the firth.

Hey Nikki, I was indeed named after the Moray Firth. That and the area nearby it called 'Moray'. It is a recognised first name, uncommon as it is. It's an alternate spelling of Murray, e.g. Bill Murray.

My parents were big Hillwalkers in their day, so my sisters are called Morven & Correen after ranges of hills.

Oh and I was also nearly called Hamish or Mungo would you believe.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 21 Aug, 2008 8:57 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Beautiful pictures!! I want to go to Scotland so bad!

Moray, I just noticed on the map on the first page of this thread that there's a place called the Moray Firth! Were you named after this? :)

From Wiki:
"It is the largest firth in Scotland. The firth has more than 800 kilometres (about 500 miles) of coastline, much of which is cliff. A number of rivers flow into the Moray Firth, including the River Ness and the River Spey. Various smaller firths and bays are inlets of the firth.

Hey Nikki, I was indeed named after the Moray Firth. That and the area nearby it called 'Moray'. It is a recognised first name, uncommon as it is. It's an alternate spelling of Murray, e.g. Bill Murray.

My parents were big Hillwalkers in their day, so my sisters are called Morven & Correen after ranges of hills.

Oh and I was also nearly called Hamish or Mungo would you believe.

Mungo, eh? hahaa! So do you pronounce your name like Murray as in "Bill Murray" then? I thought it was "More-ay". :/

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 7:11 AM