Travis

Re: The EP is finished!!
paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 24 Feb, 2008 2:35 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
Will it be available to us outside the UK? Cause I'd love to have a physical copy in addition to the digital files :-)

Yeah, there will be stuff up on the MySpace about that nearer the time. It'll be me you'll be dealing with as well! :) The EP is going to cost £2 on iTunes and probably £3 on CD, but you do get something a bit more special with the CD, since i made all the artwork myself (and there's a thankyou to the boardies!)

Also found out today that the label is setting up an online store- so even those of you who don't use iTunes (or live outside of where the label is registered with) will still be able to get the songs as MP3s from the online store :)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 24 Feb, 2008 2:42 PM Quote
sorry angel wrote:
Brilliant news. Thanks.
How did the studio work go? Happy with sound? Technical stuff? Mixing? Etc...?

Studio work went well, really happy with how it sounded initially. Ross (the label guy) is mixing the stuff and then bringing me back in to hear it to see if there's anything i want changed or moved about, so i don't know about that side of it yet. In his words we have "a masterpiece on our hands..." so i'm excited to hear that. Can't wait to hear the final mixes, it's going to be exciting! :)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sun 24 Feb, 2008 3:47 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Was back in the studio today finishing off the vocals. It's just got to be mixed and mastered and all that and it'll be hitting the iTunes shelves in a few months. Can't wait! :D

Woohoo go you!!! Can't wait to hear it! ;)

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Sun 24 Feb, 2008 6:05 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
sorry angel wrote:
Brilliant news. Thanks.
How did the studio work go? Happy with sound? Technical stuff? Mixing? Etc...?

Studio work went well, really happy with how it sounded initially. Ross (the label guy) is mixing the stuff and then bringing me back in to hear it to see if there's anything i want changed or moved about, so i don't know about that side of it yet. In his words we have "a masterpiece on our hands..." so i'm excited to hear that. Can't wait to hear the final mixes, it's going to be exciting! :)

Sounds amazing...but make sure you get to hear a mix that YOU love, don't let the technical crap mess with your "inside sound"...fingers crossed, am so excited for you and very curious to hear it soon.

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Sun 24 Feb, 2008 6:19 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:
Pinch yourself!

That's so true. I can't believe i've got an EP coming out. For anyone in the world to buy. It's insane! So excited for it though. Hope you all like it too!

Darran, i'll get my label guy to send you a copy of it. Unless you want to buy the CD off me that is... There's a difference between the label sending stuff and me selling the CD. I have the rights for CD sales- i did my own artwork and inlay and all. The label is responsible and has the rights for digital sales, but will be sending out promotional stuff too. So i'll know more about that nearer the time it's released :) where is it you work anyway?

Paul, that sounds ace. Well done on accomplishing this. I would definately buy your cd

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sun 24 Feb, 2008 8:20 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
FranFlower wrote:
Will it be available to us outside the UK? Cause I'd love to have a physical copy in addition to the digital files :-)

Yeah, there will be stuff up on the MySpace about that nearer the time. It'll be me you'll be dealing with as well! :) The EP is going to cost £2 on iTunes and probably £3 on CD, but you do get something a bit more special with the CD, since i made all the artwork myself (and there's a thankyou to the boardies!)

Also found out today that the label is setting up an online store- so even those of you who don't use iTunes (or live outside of where the label is registered with) will still be able to get the songs as MP3s from the online store :)

Brilliant! Make sure you save me a copy :-)
I had a period, years actually, where I didn't buy a single CD. But now I always opt for physical albums if there's a band I like. And I def want to have your EP in my collection. Opening a CD and seeing the artwork whilst listening to the music is part of the whole "album-experience" imo.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 26 Feb, 2008 1:40 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
paul_c wrote:
FranFlower wrote:

Brilliant! Make sure you save me a copy :-)
I had a period, years actually, where I didn't buy a single CD. But now I always opt for physical albums if there's a band I like. And I def want to have your EP in my collection. Opening a CD and seeing the artwork whilst listening to the music is part of the whole "album-experience" imo.

Yeah, i'm the same. That's partly why i want to release physical copies as well as it just going up on iTunes or the internet

feri
feri Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 7:16 AM Quote
Congrats! So I guess I can't get the CD unless I live in UK/Europe huh! When is this coming out! Anyways, I'll get the iTunes version, I just need a reminder! Can you put some kind of an update on Myspace or something thanks

Darran
Darran Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 9:14 AM Quote
I'm sure some of us UK/European boardies can always post copies to Canada, USA, Outer Mongolia etc if you want to buy the physical copy.

elodie
elodie Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 11:27 AM Quote
wow this is really exciting! I want to hear your songs right now!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 1:20 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
I'm sure some of us UK/European boardies can always post copies to Canada, USA, Outer Mongolia etc if you want to buy the physical copy.

Nah, it's fine. I'll probably cover P&P to anywhere in the world myself- as long as it's not ordered in bulk! Haha

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 2:54 AM