Travis

Re: Live Together, Die Alone: The Official LOST Thread
Rhoobarb
Rhoobarb Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 10:06 AM Quote
Lost is doing my head in and has been for at least 2 series, but I have to know what it's all about.

Rather miffed that they're going to do 6 series, don;t know if I can keep interested that long.

Someone let me know what happens.

Darran
Darran Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 10:21 AM Quote
I don't get the point of the flash-forwards. The flashbacks showed why certain characters had done certain things, provided backstory. The flash-forwards and "present" story have barely any relationship to each other at all because neither reveal anything.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 1:35 PM Quote
Thats one of the tools to keep it interesting. If they layed it all out in sequence it'd just be a 90 min made for TV movie . While I think they do have an ending worked out, I suspect that the staff is still making it up as they go along.

I wanna know more about the NATIVES from the previous season

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 1:53 PM Quote

Lost is complete and utter Arse Gravy of the highest Calibre

If you are gonna watch something like this at least make sure that it raises questions,

It's Badly Acted, Abysmally Written and a Totally Reactionery idea to start with.

It's not even Mind Candy it's so bad.

It's for Sheep.

I won't deny it started out as a good idea, "What would you do if stuck on a desert Island, How would you survive/cope?" but it quickly desended into schmaltzy, low brow fucking soap opera quicker than a cheerleader in the quarterback's car.

I could be wrong but I really do feel to see what the fascination is with this so called "drama", it's not fucking dramatic at all!!

It's a series of cliffhangers that aren't terribly well put together or thought out, a fucking four year old could tell what's coming half the time.

Dubz

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 2:23 PM Quote
Dubz, with the greatest of respect, that's the second time you've written about Lost in this thread and you've said broadly the same things in both posts. We get it.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 2:25 PM Quote

Sorry Steve,

But it does do me head in that much.

Point taken

Dubz

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 2:27 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
I don't get the point of the flash-forwards. The flashbacks showed why certain characters had done certain things, provided backstory. The flash-forwards and "present" story have barely any relationship to each other at all because neither reveal anything.

So after 4 weeks of flashforwards, based on what we know about this show and the writer's propensity for drawing things out, you're expecting things to unfold already?

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 2:57 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Sorry Steve,

Point taken

Dubz

So you won't be taken holidays in Hawaii anytime soon? ;-)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 3:11 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Sorry Steve,

Point taken

Dubz

i totaly know that area where they shoot the show , there's like a cool hot dog stand near by

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 17 Feb, 2008 9:44 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Sorry Steve,

Point taken

Dubz

Nah strictly "The Med" for me this year, working holz

Dubz

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sun 17 Feb, 2008 4:27 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Esteban wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Sorry Steve,

Point taken

Dubz

Nah strictly "The Med" for me this year, working holz

Dubz

Same here, just gotta decide which bit of land to stay on.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 2:20 AM Quote
spoiler filled post:

I am digging the flash forwards. It's interesting to see how things are turning out for them after they left. Better than some cheesy reunion special a la Giligan's Island.

But seriously I do think it pertains to what is going on on the island. This group that Sayed is killing is probably related to the freighter folk. And I get the impression that everyone who isn't part of the "Oceanic 6" (who didn't die) is still on the island (or somewhere else??) and that Sayed is trying to protect them from the bad freighter group.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 2:53 AM Quote
Yeah, everyone who didn't get off of the island is still there, and presumably happy. At the end of the season finale last season Jack said to Kate, "We have to go back!" And in the episode with Hurley's flash forward that creepy guy asked Hurley, "Are they still alive?" and Charlie told him he had to help or protect the people. Gosh, it's heating up! So, I'm guessing the Oceanic 6 is so far is:

Jack
Hurley
Kate (<-- from the season 3 finale)
Sayid

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 3:19 AM Quote
I hope they are happy, and obviously there is some reason Jack wants to go back. But remember how Charlie was saying, "they need you." That could mean things aren't so good for them but the Oceanic 6 has had to make some pact/sacrifice to keep them from being flat out killed or something?

I wonder if Claire gets off because Desmond had that vision of her getting into a helicopter. Of course she could get on one very soon, fulfill the vision, but not necessarily get off the island.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 3:30 AM Quote
My other 2 (at the moment) would be Claire & Aaron. Failing that, Sun & Jin. Maybe Aaron gets off but Claire doesn't.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:47 AM