th74
th74 Posted Tue 29 Jan, 2008 8:15 PM Quote
Congrats! That's great news!

Re: I got the job!! :D
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 29 Jan, 2008 8:18 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
You know her section of the paper is the lifestyle/entertainment. She could seriously try and get an interview with TRAVIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...and that's not the only perk. She could also use the pages to namedrop Travis and/or promote them in general. You know, spread the word :o)

Uuuhh! that'd be so cool!!!!!

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 29 Jan, 2008 8:24 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
You know her section of the paper is the lifestyle/entertainment. She could seriously try and get an interview with TRAVIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My pal over here works for the local Aberdeen & area newspaper, Evening Express, as the lifestyle/ents editor and she tried to get an interview with Travis before the played Aberdeen for New Year. She was promised a telephone interview with Fran, but then the management company pulled it.

I've another pal who works for the local radio station (albeit not the one sponsoring the New Year show). He was also promised a phone interview with Fran, but then had it pulled.

I don't blame the band, but I think the management seem pretty poor at getting the local media on their side when Travis were doing a very high profile show in Aberdeen.

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Tue 29 Jan, 2008 8:28 PM Quote
Congrats Nikki! That sounds like an awesome job! I'll be waiting for your Travis interview where you're performing your version of Friends alongside Fran, ehem Gerbilsandwich I mean ;)

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Tue 29 Jan, 2008 9:02 PM Quote
Congratulations on the new job and well done! =]

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Tue 29 Jan, 2008 10:28 PM Quote
Wow well done!

The drugs test sounds extreme to work on a newspaper tho!

drift-nina
drift-nina Posted Tue 29 Jan, 2008 10:52 PM Quote

Congratulations Nikki! great news!

=)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 29 Jan, 2008 10:58 PM Quote
The she devils of Detroit are way hawtter then Amy winehouse . Congrats

Drink some pickle juice the night before your test , garrentee passing the test

heysupernova
heysupernova Posted Tue 29 Jan, 2008 11:54 PM Quote
that's amazing! i'm so happy for you! kick some ass! (if that's the right expression xD)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 12:17 AM Quote
that is a correct expression

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 3:03 AM Quote
Thank you so much everyone!! You guys are the best! No need for the pickle juice though. I'm a good girl. :)

My dream is to one day interview Travis and Steve Yzerman, so maybe it'll happen now!! (Although I'd probably pass out if I was in the same room as Steve Yzerman...he's been my hero since I was like 3 years old, lol). I've been told I get to write a column on anything I want, so even if I can't set up an interview with Fran, I'm still writing about them when they come to Detroit no matter what!! :D And I'll be sure to post it!!! We're online, so once I start writing, I'll put up some links.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 3:05 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Thank you so much everyone!! You guys are the best! No need for the pickle juice though. I'm a good girl. :)

My dream is to one day interview Travis and Steve Yzerman, so maybe it'll happen now!! (Although I'd probably pass out if I was in the same room as Steve Yzerman...he's been my hero since I was like 3 years old, lol). I've been told I get to write a column on anything I want, so even if I can't set up an interview with Fran, I'm still writing about them when they come to Detroit no matter what!! :D And I'll be sure to post it!!! We're online, so once I start writing, I'll put up some links.

Great!! Thanks! :o)

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 7:18 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Hey, what a great opportunity being able to choose what you write about - a lot of journalists have very tight guidelines......and if you get a chance to plug Travis, even better!!!

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 7:19 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
deebee wrote:
Well done on getting the job! Is the drugs test a standard thing then or do they think you look a bit dodgy, ??? LOL!!

LOL! Look at my avatar. Do I look Dodgy to you? :P Although, according to Ric, Kayte and I are members of the She-Devil Motorcycle Gang of Detroit.

Maybe if I came in looking like this it would be a different story:

http://i31.tinypic.com/30coyl3.jpg

I do have a pair of red sunglasses that look like those though! (They're my Grandma's) LOL!

http://i31.tinypic.com/29b0ta0.jpg

Ooooh crikey, the resemblance is sooo striking.... NOT! Nice specs though, haha!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 10:06 PM