Travis

Re: Who works from home or is self-employed?
DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 8:42 PM Quote
hehe, I added Minnesota Mary too. :D

You're avatars are confusing me!

I tried my first double pointed needle project last week, It's as holey as my first ever scarf. Hehe. I kept getting extra stitches and I didn't know where they were coming from!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 8:54 PM Quote
I need that scarf too...How about a trade Mary? A really cool Meridith-designed t-shirt for a really cool smashing Dougie scarf? :)

And for Turtle's original question...I am self-employed and work from home. I am a graphic designer/illustrator. I design posters, brochures, book, cd's, ads, logos, and so on.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 8:59 PM Quote
You wouldn't want me to ever knit something. But I used to make tie-dye onesises and give them as baby shower gifts. They were big hits and people told me I should sell them. But that would mean going to weird art fair things every weekend. No thanks!

I used to freelance writing for a business paper, copyediting for a textbook publisher, and then proofing for a psychology journal.

Now I got my lawyer gig. Still do writing sometimes.

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 9:01 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:
I need that scarf too...How about a trade Mary? A really cool Meridith-designed t-shirt for a really cool smashing Dougie scarf? :)

Ooh, I love trades! Got any pics of your t-shirts? Do you customize? If so, I'll let you choose the color :)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 9:02 PM Quote
people from MPLS rawk , i've always said that .

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 9:06 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

Hmmm, trying to get a scarf by dishing out compliments...I applaude your attempt :)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 9:09 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

mpls is...minneapolis?

EDIT
geez...i can't believe i asked that. wooh! i'm slow today!

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 9:10 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:

mpls is...minneapolis?

Sorry folks, my lil sis' is a little slow...:)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 9:12 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:

mpls is...minneapolis?

nah, Sandy's cool , she went to the Fillmore

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 9:14 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
minnesotamary wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:

mpls is...minneapolis?

nah, Sandy's cool , she went to the Fillmore

that's right, i'm cool! turned mary into a Travis fan ;)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 9:19 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:

And for Turtle's original question...I am self-employed and work from home. I am a graphic designer/illustrator. I design posters, brochures, book, cd's, ads, logos, and so on.

My husband is a graphic designer. He works for a company that makes trade show displays and exhibits. He does oil paintings as a side thing. He'd like to be a full-time artist and do graphic design as a side job. Here's his latest painting. (I gotta brag a little, don't I?)
http://www.donaldcronkhite.com/images/homepagephoto.jpg

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 9:32 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:
Meridith wrote:

Ooh, I love trades! Got any pics of your t-shirts? Do you customize? If so, I'll let you choose the color :)

just the one's here...
http://www.travisonline.com/board/view.php?t=5623

If you scroll down, you can see the finished product, and a very happy me. :)

For you, I will customize if you like. :)

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 9:43 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Meridith wrote:

My husband is a graphic designer. He works for a company that makes trade show displays and exhibits. He does oil paintings as a side thing. He'd like to be a full-time artist and do graphic design as a side job. Here's his latest painting. (I gotta brag a little, don't I?)

Very nice!! I have a good friend I used to work with who is a graphic designer as well, and an illustrator/painter on the side. He paints beautiful landscapes and has done quite well with it. He too hopes to weed out doing design and just do his oil paintings. He'll be there soon I bet. He's had a lot of success as of late. Good luck to your husband!

I love being a designer. It's a lot of fun and I get to work on some really cool projects. I worked as a graphic designer for a university here for over ten years. A couple of years ago I decided I was tired of working for someone and knew I could make better money by going out on my own. It's been good for me so far. :) The only drawnback is that I don't get to leave my "office" and go home. It's always with me. :P

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 9:45 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:
minnesotamary wrote:
Meridith wrote:

just the one's here...
http://www.travisonline.com/board/view.php?t=5623

If you scroll down, you can see the finished product, and a very happy me. :)

For you, I will customize if you like. :)

Meridith, i love 'em both...i want one (or both) but i have nothing to trade :(
ah! i can paint!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 10:06 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Meridith wrote:

coolage , linen has got the perfect tooth to it

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:20 AM