Travis

Re: Who was the naked boardie in Buenos Aires ?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 2:53 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
RAN MAN, very clever, I like it.

like your wee turtle - it's cute

Thanks. You're sure you don't want me to bring back Turtle Soup?
My husband gave Turtle the Dougie makeover for me because I am not very computer savvy. His questions were: What's an avatar? Why? Do you want the whole thing black and white? Why not green stripes? How many stripes? Vertical or horizontal stripes? It took longer for me to explain why I wanted the stripes than it did for him to do it.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 2:56 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
RAN MAN, very clever, I like it.

like your wee turtle - it's cute

Thanks. You're sure you don't want me to bring back Turtle Soup?
My husband gave Turtle the Dougie makeover for me because I am not very computer savvy. His questions were: What's an avatar? Why? Do you want the whole thing black and white? Why not green stripes? How many stripes? Vertical or horizontal stripes? It took longer for me to explain why I wanted the stripes than it did for him to do it.

but it looks like the turtle is wearing a jail oufit, don't you think ?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 3:06 PM Quote
Yeah, kind of. But nowadays prisoners wear orange. It was when everyone switched to Dougie inspired avatars in honor of the baby news. I'll switch him back to green soon. I also thought it looked a bit like a football helmet (American football, that is). Not so much the stripes, but the shape.

I have to go back to real life for a few hours. Ta ta!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 3:17 PM Quote
I didn't even catch your Dougie turtle! I thought it was some weird jailed turtle. Since you featured a turtle being pulled to his death in a previous avatar, I just thought it was another random pic. : )

Very very clever shout out to Dougie. I'm just too thick to get it!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 3:44 PM Quote
Just got around to reading where this thread has gone after I left work yesterday. LMAO!!! You guys seriously crack me up!

Turtleneck- please keep Dougie Turtle as is! His black & white shell makes me giggle every time I see your posts!

Lauren & Carlotta - please make sure some fans near you get pictures of you both on stage if you’re able to pull it off during “WDIAROM”!!! I would SO go up there with you girls if I could (Uh...not naked though!) LOL.

PS: Wasn’t going to say anything about it, but now that it’s out in the open...I agree that the post in Dougie’s Birthday thread was SO out of line.

:) Back to work!

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 3:47 PM Quote
has anyone heard from Monkey ?

maybe he's recovering from jet lag

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 3:55 PM Quote
I PMed Monkey because I thought he would be amused that he is being accused of being naked in Argentina. He said the site keeps crashing every time he tries to get on.

Or that was a clever ruse since he's so jet lagged.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 4:02 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
I PMed Monkey because I thought he would be amused that he is being accused of being naked in Argentina. He said the site keeps crashing every time he tries to get on.

I haven't heard from him this week yet. He’s usually part of the night time chats...but I’ve been absent from those lately. :/ He’ll get a kick out of this once he’s finally able to log on!

The board has actually been pretty good for me this week. A HUGE difference compared to last week...which was a total disaster.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 4:02 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

he's shy now

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 7:50 PM