Re: New album soon?
Matthias
Matthias Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 9:47 PM Quote
Great news!

Are
Are Posted Thu 01 Nov, 2007 12:23 AM Quote
accousticbug wrote:
could be a digital release if there going to do it that quickly...

Let's hope not. I'd like a CD, with decent sound. A CD can be ripped to the current file formats for use on a portable music player in the future.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 01 Nov, 2007 9:28 AM Quote
Are wrote:
accousticbug wrote:

Let's hope not. I'd like a CD, with decent sound. A CD can be ripped to the current file formats for use on a portable music player in the future.

Yeh, agree. Hate these downloads. I also hope this new album is cd released by Travis and not just downloadable. Although they'll probably do a Radiohead where you can pay what you like.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 01 Nov, 2007 5:48 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Are wrote:
accousticbug wrote:

Yeh, agree. Hate these downloads. I also hope this new album is cd released by Travis and not just downloadable. Although they'll probably do a Radiohead where you can pay what you like.

The digital thing seems a very Travis thing to do, because it means lots of people get to hear their stuff.
I don't think they'll do it though - and wouldn't Independiente be a bit annoyed? :)

Awesome that they want to get a new album out as much as we want to hear it! March seems a tad optimistic though...

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Thu 01 Nov, 2007 7:20 PM Quote
I would be really happy with a new album by this time next year. But March would be even better. Perhaps maybe with a B-side album in between? (Or is that just being greedy. I know that they want to release one at some point. They have more than got enough to do one now).

It would be really good if Fran, Dougie or the Travis Web Team would make a statement on here as to their intentions with regards their future releases. Also are they releasing a fourth single and a live The Boy With No Name DVD?

Cheers.

Isa_travis
Isa_travis Posted Fri 02 Nov, 2007 1:32 AM Quote
I love The Boy with no name but It will be great if this news are true!!! ^0^ yay! Travis again!! ^^

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 Nov, 2007 9:34 AM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:
I would be really happy with a new album by this time next year. But March would be even better. Perhaps maybe with a B-side album in between? (Or is that just being greedy. I know that they want to release one at some point. They have more than got enough to do one now).

It would be really good if Fran, Dougie or the Travis Web Team would make a statement on here as to their intentions with regards their future releases. Also are they releasing a fourth single and a live The Boy With No Name DVD?

Cheers.

That's true. I believe Fran said they were going to release a b side album between albums 5 and 6. That won't happen now but it could between albums 6 and 7. And with all those songs left over from the recording sessions, album 7 shouldn't be too far away after that. Wow, these are exciting times! :)

Come on Travis, give us some official news.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 02 Nov, 2007 2:39 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
So my prediction that The Boy was Travis' final album to a best friend the other night was totally wrong then... I thought it would be because they might want to focus on doing the family thing now.

Guess i'll eat my words. Mmmm, yummy words!

Lol, I think that was a fair guess actually, so you've been very unlucky :)
I think it's cos they've got the music releasing bug again and touring is a good way of getting away from the hard work of fatherhood ;)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 02 Nov, 2007 3:20 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
paul_c wrote:
So my prediction that The Boy was Travis' final album to a best friend the other night was totally wrong then... I thought it would be because they might want to focus on doing the family thing now.

I think it's cos they've got the music releasing bug again and touring is a good way of getting away from the hard work of fatherhood ;)

They might like fatherhood though...

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Fri 02 Nov, 2007 5:33 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
Dougie and Andy told me the same thing in Hamburg. They promised it wouldn't be as long as last time :)

I agree. The same in Mexico, with Neil and Andy.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 02 Nov, 2007 8:53 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
paul_c wrote:

*gasps* Surely not!
I'm sure they're all besotted, but it's good to have a break now and again... sleep on a nice 'comfy' tour bus... meet all the scaringly devoted fans... spend hours on planes... you know the sort of stuff I mean :)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 02 Nov, 2007 8:58 PM Quote
How about a girl with no name ? ;-))

Becca
Becca Posted Sat 03 Nov, 2007 12:35 AM Quote
Would be sooo great, if it was true! Heard the same thing in Munich. Fran said, that they would be back next year.
Couldn't believe my ears at first, and I don't know if I even can believe it now, because that would be too much for my heart. To much of "wooohoooo"!! ;D

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 05 Nov, 2007 11:18 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
paul_c wrote:

*gasps* Surely not!
I'm sure they're all besotted, but it's good to have a break now and again... sleep on a nice 'comfy' tour bus... meet all the scaringly devoted fans... spend hours on planes... you know the sort of stuff I mean :)

That all sounds great- if you don't have a little human creation of your own. I don't think i could do it if i had a kid. You might miss its first word, or the first time it walks- things that can't be repeated or experienced ever again.

But i guess, each to their own eh? Fair play to em for doing it though- i doubt i could if i was a father

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 05 Nov, 2007 8:19 PM Quote
I'm just joking really, I haven't got a clue what it's like to be a father.
I think you've probably got to get out a bit. You can see how proud they all are, most obviously Fran every time he introduces My Eyes. What a great dad he would be :D
Best of luck keeping these principles in front of a perpetually screaming baby! ;)

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:31 AM