Travis

Re: Forum Moderator
Moray
Moray Posted Tue 28 Aug, 2007 1:35 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
I think we need someone like Dick Cheney as a moderator

I agree, someone who accidently shoots people is a suitable candidate for impartial moderation!

I just googled that to find out what actually happened in the aftermath, and read this:

Later, Whittington apologized to the vice-president for the trouble the event had caused him and his family

Thats awesome - "I'm sorry you shot me!"

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Tue 28 Aug, 2007 2:16 PM Quote
It'd be cheating on TWT having a new Mod. No, no I can't accept this. :-P

Seriously though, so much crap is going on here but what you can do? It's a public board, internet... There is nothing we can do apart from missing the old days. Not saying it is not fun on the new board. It's just not the same.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 28 Aug, 2007 2:33 PM Quote
champagnesupernova wrote:

Seriously though, so much crap is going on here but what you can do? It's a public board, internet... There is nothing we can do apart from missing the old days. Not saying it is not fun on the new board. It's just not the same.

so true... its' really quite different here since the board changed. I don't feel quite at home ..... yet *sigh*

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 28 Aug, 2007 2:33 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

I agree, someone who accidently shoots people is a suitable candidate for impartial moderation!

I just googled that to find out what actually happened in the aftermath, and read this:

Later, Whittington apologized to the vice-president for the trouble the event had caused him and his family

Thats awesome - "I'm sorry you shot me!"

I know ! The whole thing was surreal wasn't it ?

DICK CHENEY FOR MODERATOR !

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 28 Aug, 2007 2:38 PM Quote
So whats the scoop? I keep reading about how much better the old board was without the gripes backed up with why?

I can only assume its not the format thats the bugbear but the influx of new posters and the general standard of posting has dropped? Or the topics aren't what they used to be

So come, what can be done to be more accomodating to the old schoolers to make everything hunky dory again??

Perhaps an informal sticky topic called "Rules, tips and guidlines for the board"?! Giving everyone a shout on what they expect from the board?!

I don't mind this place per say now. There's plenty of activity, and you just ned to sort out the wheat from the chaff.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 28 Aug, 2007 2:42 PM Quote
I don't think the old board was better - i posted lots of crap and still do

LOL

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Tue 28 Aug, 2007 2:42 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:

so true... its' really quite different here since the board changed. I don't feel quite at home ..... yet *sigh*

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4338/oldboardky0.png

Let's sigh together! :-)

Tonie
Tonie Posted Tue 28 Aug, 2007 2:45 PM Quote
A mod is there to take an objective view of what's posted, and take appropriate action. I know that the more established members of the forum don't believe it's necessary, but I think, handled properly, it's an important role.

And anyway, what harm can it possibly do, to have a non-intrusive person keeping the board members safe from spam/ offensive material etc.

I also think that the important question is whether or not the TWT feels that an extra person is required, and it should be their decision, not the board members.

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Tue 28 Aug, 2007 2:47 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
So whats the scoop? I keep reading about how much better the old board was without the gripes backed up with why?

I can only assume its not the format thats the bugbear but the influx of new posters and the general standard of posting has dropped? Or the topics aren't what they used to be

So come, what can be done to be more accomodating to the old schoolers to make everything hunky dory again??

Perhaps an informal sticky topic called "Rules, tips and guidlines for the board"?! Giving everyone a shout on what they expect from the board?!

I don't mind this place per say now. There's plenty of activity, and you just ned to sort out the wheat from the chaff.

My point mainly is that many hardcore boardies have disappeared since the new forum has been launched. I think that is because the community gets bigger and so the number of sections, threads. It kinda ruined the integrity we used to have. See, there have always been debates, hard ones.. But never seen people "fighting" with each other this hard on the old forum.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Tue 28 Aug, 2007 3:19 PM Quote

See, there have always been debates, hard ones.. But never seen people "fighting" with each other this hard on the old forum.

I can think of many "fights" on the old board(s) which were far superior to the ones we've had on this (so far).

Joana
Joana Posted Tue 28 Aug, 2007 3:31 PM Quote
Actually this is the only board I know who does not have a moderator!But my idea of a moderator is someone who is not connected directly to the board, someone who doesn't post very often but knows very well what's going on!

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Tue 28 Aug, 2007 3:41 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:

See, there have always been debates, hard ones.. But never seen people "fighting" with each other this hard on the old forum.

I can think of many "fights" on the old board(s) which were far superior to the ones we've had on this (so far).

Must be my poor memory then. I insist that there was no certain polarization though.

EDIT: The most serious and tough thing I remember is the one happened about 9/11. Even then that case was closed in a short time and the posters were banned or alerted..

isma
isma Posted Tue 28 Aug, 2007 3:46 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

Nah! Nicolas Sarkozy would be a great moderator HAHA :-P

Hey Why a moderator ? - We don't need one .

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 28 Aug, 2007 3:47 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4338/oldboardky0.png

Let's sigh together! :-)

awwwwwwww Champy ! "tears in my eyes" where did you find that ???!!

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Tue 28 Aug, 2007 3:56 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:

awwwwwwww Champy ! "tears in my eyes" where did you find that ???!!

Hehe. I found it in my Travis folder. I don't remember why I did print screen then and why I saved it. haha Maybe to prove something in a funny-silly thread those days. Lol

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:52 PM