Travis

Re: Re:
Moray
Moray Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 4:54 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
goosey_84 wrote:
you guys what does 'chuffed' mean?....i love all the cool slang from around the world i pick up on here! :D

Chuffed just means 'really pleased' i guess.

MoraySwan, my music is up on MySpace and it's also on Last.fm, so please feel free to go and have a listen :)

I will do..... and please, just Moray..... I had to use MoraySwan as I'd used up Moray, MorayS and many other combinations of my name by losing my email/password combo.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 5:15 PM Quote
nats wrote:
Peewee wrote:
Chuffed - really pleased (to be really chuffed with someone or something)

good! ive learned a new word today... thanks
how are you btw

I'm great thanks, yeah really good! Can't wait to get out of work...this day is dragging bigtime but have to run now so take care n spk sn!

Have a nice Weekend guys!!!

Re:
Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 6:01 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
One of my best friends at uni knows Gary Lightbody (Snow Patrol), and whilst i'm not their biggest fan (at all!) she gave him my CD to listen to, and it turns out he likes my stuff.

Well chuffed :)

That's very cool.

Re:
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 6:24 PM Quote
That's great that he liked it. Thanks for the link. I hadn't heard your stuff before. I enjoyed it. Do you mind sharing what Fran said to you about your music (I think I read that on your myspace page that he had some thoughts for you)? If it's private, that's cool, just curious.

I have one teeny tiny critique that has nothing to do with music and more to do with first impressions. I listened to "One Million Kisses" on the fm site and when the video started the first lyric has a misspelling. Coincedence should be Coincidence. I hate to be the spelling police but..... yeah, I guess I'll go ahead and be that to help you out!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 6:27 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
I hate to be the spelling police but..... yeah, I guess I'll go ahead and be that to help you out!

oh my gosh! spelling errors drive me insane! haha...just as bad, if not worse, than crooked frames on walls! haha

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 6:35 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
I hate to be the spelling police but..... yeah, I guess I'll go ahead and be that to help you out!

oh my gosh! spelling errors drive me insane! haha...just as bad, if not worse, than crooked frames on walls! haha

I don't mind them so much if it's something casual but when they're more official they really drive me insane. We got an invitation to a family reunion on my husband's side and in huge letters on top it said, "YOUR INVITED!". I literally screamed and threw it down. I refused to read it.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 9:04 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
That's great that he liked it. Thanks for the link. I hadn't heard your stuff before. I enjoyed it. Do you mind sharing what Fran said to you about your music (I think I read that on your myspace page that he had some thoughts for you)? If it's private, that's cool, just curious.

I have one teeny tiny critique that has nothing to do with music and more to do with first impressions. I listened to "One Million Kisses" on the fm site and when the video started the first lyric has a misspelling. Coincedence should be Coincidence. I hate to be the spelling police but..... yeah, I guess I'll go ahead and be that to help you out!

Coincedence is the Irish spelling ;)

Like favourite/favorite...

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 9:36 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

Really? I even looked it up because I was wondering if there was some spelling variation. Learn something new everyday.

Well, if you are ever posting that on an American board, change it!

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 9:41 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
paul_c wrote:

Really? I even looked it up because I was wondering if there was some spelling variation. Learn something new everyday.

Well, if you are ever posting that on an American board, change it!

YOUR INVITED

really ???

Mind you a french newspaper once wrote a feature on Ralph Lauren. It stated Mike Tyson was the brand's new model....hahaha !
There was a model named Tyson but Mike Tyson modelling or Polo ? No way !

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 25 Aug, 2007 1:07 AM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
YOUR INVITED

really ???

Mind you a french newspaper once wrote a feature on Ralph Lauren. It stated Mike Tyson was the brand's new model....hahaha !
There was a model named Tyson but Mike Tyson modelling or Polo ? No way !

I know. It was so terrible. And this was sent to 150+ people. Your/You're and Their/They're/There is one of my biggest pet peeves. I mean, I learnt that when I was 7 or 8 and didn't think it was that hard to keep it straight. Come on people!!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 2:27 AM