Travis

Re: Travis Boardie Convention
ayana
ayana Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 7:00 PM Quote
deebee wrote:

Where do you live?

Near la Rochelle. Moving to Nantes in September.

harry potter
harry potter Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 7:07 PM Quote
meeting people you only know from this place is rather strange and strained. i fell into that trap a few times and regret it ever since. not for me. we're all strangers here people, we just know each others words we don't know each other. meat space is different from cyberspace.

mr. social.

haz
xxx

Edel
Edel Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 7:10 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:

meeting people you only know for this place is rather strange and strained. i fell into that trap a few times and regret it ever since. not for me.

ahh weird, was just about to post that we could do it in connection with your big bday seen as you do a lot to keep this board going. (Whether youre loved, liked or loathed I think ppl would have to give you that much) ;0)

Or alternatively wont Travis be playing at Jenny n Elfys wedding next September, so Glasgow convention around that time sounds ok.

deebee
deebee Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 7:19 PM Quote
ayana wrote:
deebee wrote:

Where do you live?

Oh blast, that's not really my neck of the woods - might make travelling together a bit tricky, shame!

Hanne
Hanne Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 7:26 PM Quote
I'll come if I can make it :o) Honestly, I'd be gutted if I couldn't make it! My current plans are to come back to Glasgow in September next year with my brother, but if a convention should take place before then, I might just take a quick trip on my own again :o)

However, to make a proper convention, it should probably be arranged 'officially' by e.g. TWT or whoever would do these things. We'll see if it happens.

ayana
ayana Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 7:32 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
ayana wrote:
deebee wrote:

Where do you live?

Oh blast, that's not really my neck of the woods - might make travelling together a bit tricky, shame!

If we fly with Ryanair, most of their planes stop at London Stansted. All we have to do is meet up at Stansted and then find the right plane for Glasgow ;o)
Makes things a bit easier to convince the parents :p

Hanne
Hanne Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 7:34 PM Quote
ayana wrote:
deebee wrote:
ayana wrote:
deebee wrote:

Where do you live?

If we fly with Ryanair, most of their planes stop at London Stansted. All we have to do is meet up at Stansted and then find the right plane for Glasgow ;o)
Makes things a bit easier to convince the parents :p

Ryanair and Easyjet both fly from Stanstead to Glasgow. Ryanair flies to Prestwick, which is actually nowhere near Glasgow, but there's a direct train (about 45 mins). Easyjet flies to Glasgow International.

ayana
ayana Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 7:43 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:

Ryanair and Easyjet both fly from Stanstead to Glasgow. Ryanair flies to Prestwick, which is actually nowhere near Glasgow, but there's a direct train (about 45 mins). Easyjet flies to Glasgow International.

Definitely not that hard to go to Glasgow. It all depends on the prices.

happy_me
happy_me Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 7:48 PM Quote
Ohhh! I'm up for it!

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 8:03 PM Quote
I'm only 17..
not this this is applying to anyone on this MB, but in the news recently, they keep talking about a missing 19 yr old girl who went on a date with a guy she met on Craiglist (of all places!!) and has been missing for 2 weeks. It's sad, but also incredibly stupid, and they're probably only mentioning it over and over on Fox news (yuck right-wing propaganda yuck) because they want to make the public/parents even more scared of the internet, like they did with MySpace. anyyyways, i guess this is a tangent...

Hanne
Hanne Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 8:06 PM Quote
alyrtle wrote:
I'm only 17..
not this this is applying to anyone on this MB, but in the news recently, they keep talking about a missing 19 yr old girl who went on a date with a guy she met on Craiglist (of all places!!) and has been missing for 2 weeks. It's sad, but also incredibly stupid, and they're probably only mentioning it over and over on Fox news (yuck right-wing propaganda yuck) because they want to make the public/parents even more scared of the internet, like they did with MySpace. anyyyways, i guess this is a tangent...

Obviously, you can never be sure when you meet people from the net. However, having both met other boardies and been on dates from an online dating site, I can only say that the trick is to meet in public and listen to you gut feeling (as well as being sensible, of course).

happy_me
happy_me Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 8:15 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:

Obviously, you can never be sure when you meet people from the net. However, having both met other boardies and been on dates from an online dating site, I can only say that the trick is to meet in public and listen to you gut feeling (as well as being sensible, of course).

That is so very true, a bit of common sense has never hurt anyone ;)

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 8:19 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:
meeting people you only know from this place is rather strange and strained. i fell into that trap a few times and regret it ever since.

Are americans invited? iam kidding jaysus.
I know what you mean though.
Although apart from the first meet up i ever went to *shudders* Everyone ive met was cool and iam not the most sociable of types at times.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 8:24 PM Quote
Gladly will be our guide in Glasgow

Hanne
Hanne Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 8:26 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:

Are americans invited? iam kidding jaysus.
I know what you mean though.
Although apart from the first meet up i ever went to *shudders* Everyone ive met was cool and iam not the most sociable of types at times.

I'll meet you any time ;o)

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:54 PM