Travis

Re: Why the fuck...
Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 6:15 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Tracey982 wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:
Why the heck not? some people are short on cash, there are people willing to pay the money for it, they've got a legitimate 'business' there - fair play to them - people who are 'really fans' should buy tickets sooner/straight away to avoid disappointment when they clearly know this sort of thing goes on

Hmm are you one of em?!?
There are cases where fans are unable to buy tickets sooner/straight away eg.strapped for cash/unable to get online or buy over the phone etc.
I just don't think it's right that these greedy bastard ticket touts sell at way over the top prices.

Agreed. I started work at 7am this morning (and every morning!) and don't work anywhere in a place that has computers. And i'm not allowed to use a phone at work. So i had no chance!

I even had fellow boardies on the case for me, and i'm so grateful that they tried for me :) Still, it's just not right that people make a business out of this sort of thing.

Good luck with your hunt for tickets Paul, I'm sure you will them somehow.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 6:29 PM Quote
Thanks *fingers crossed*

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 8:33 PM Quote
I'm not starting anything...I think I had a fair point.
I understand it might be frustrating.
But the point stands, those who have the money at the right time, see an opportunity to increase their money, and seize it.

I'm sure there are plenty of greater fans who feel disappointed when they don't get tickets because say a slightly not as intense fan bought the last ticket - etc etc etc...

Its upto a person what they do with something once its been purchased - sell it, keep it, throw it away. And there are obviously people prepared to pay the price, thats all. :D

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 8:35 PM Quote
Like car salesemen - they buy em cheap from sales, then sell them on to people who really want them - or antiques or collectors items - and everyone always gets that "oooh" feeling when they miss that one thing they want.
Its just life, thats all I'm saying - its not wrong by any means - a bit crafty perhaps

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 8:35 PM Quote
This is when a rich/famous friend would come in handy haha!

deepi
deepi Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 8:36 PM Quote
i think its wrong if a person buys it when they ain't a fan just to make more money, and the people who are real fans miss out

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 8:37 PM Quote
deepi wrote:
i think its wrong if a person buys it when they ain't a fan just to make more money, and the people who are real fans miss out

Aye man, GREED.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 9:09 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
Like car salesemen - they buy em cheap from sales, then sell them on to people who really want them - or antiques or collectors items - and everyone always gets that "oooh" feeling when they miss that one thing they want.
Its just life, thats all I'm saying - its not wrong by any means - a bit crafty perhaps

Poor examples. Antiques collectors and people who collect collector's items are mainly fanatics themselves, and do it for the love of it as well as a livelihood. That is nothing like buying and selling time critical, limited edition commodities like tickets to events, and exploiting fans by ramping up the price and slapping them on eBay.

Also, there's fucking gazillions of cars out there, so buying and reselling a car for profit isn't a big deal when there's all those cars out there, there's many types of car to choose from, and you can import cars as well. The two commodities are characteristically poles apart.

Supply and demand is another huge differentiator between your examples and Paul's situation. If there were 1 million cars to go around everyone in the UK who wanted one, then you might have a point, as it is, you don't.

Stroll on, son.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 10:06 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
I'm not starting anything...I think I had a fair point.
I understand it might be frustrating.
But the point stands, those who have the money at the right time, see an opportunity to increase their money, and seize it.

I'm sure there are plenty of greater fans who feel disappointed when they don't get tickets because say a slightly not as intense fan bought the last ticket - etc etc etc...

Its upto a person what they do with something once its been purchased - sell it, keep it, throw it away. And there are obviously people prepared to pay the price, thats all. :D

First of all, i do have the money at the right time. I would have been able to afford a ticket, had i not been at work at the time they sold out.

Secondly, your point about greatness of fans- well that's not really relevant to my annoyance, as they're still fans getting tickets- which in my book is better than tout idiots getting them.

And lastly, whilst your point about what they do with it might be valid for a cheeseburger, there are terms and conditions surrounding most event tickets which state that they are not for resale.

So i don't really agree with anything you're saying! Deepi is right, as is Esteban and Grinner- but i don't really see where you're coming from.

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 10:08 PM Quote
Got 2 killers tickets on ebay - some how was really lucky n got em for face value! Was well pleased!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 10:10 PM Quote
The Killers didn't just reform and only announce 6 dates after an 8-year split. No offence, but it's slightly different

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 10:11 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
The Killers didn't just reform and only announce 6 dates after an 8-year split. No offence, but it's slightly different

Lol I was just thinking that.

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 10:12 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

Maybe not but the tickets were still going for more than the verve ones. For the Blackpool gig - tickets were going for about 500 quid a piece.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 10:13 PM Quote
Ruudio wrote:
paul_c wrote:

Maybe not but the tickets were still going for more than the verve ones. For the Blackpool gig - tickets were going for about 500 quid a piece.

What a waste of money. The Killers aren't even any good!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 10:13 PM Quote
Ruudio wrote:
paul_c wrote:

£500 for Killers tickets?!

To be fair, these dates for the Verve have only just been announed, they'll get more expensive on ebay nearer the time.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:53 PM