Travis

Re: FAO Werewolves of London
SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 5:39 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:
Anne,have you seen the movie quarantine?....they should totally remake it,but this time have kid rock's music be quarantined instead of rabies

I have not but your idea sounds wonderful to me. If only it could be real and not just a movie

lol,if only, i have NOT heard any of his new album,and don't want to ever....luckily none of my friends like his stuff either

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 5:43 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
"Michigan Beef." What is it, and why is it served only on the east coast?

Discuss.

michigan beef? doesn't sound appealing, is that what michigan is best known for? when i was am kid i really loved the wolverines, i wanted to be one,other than that,don't know much about it,oh wait,...at the risk of creating yet another hockey thread, the other thing i know about michigan is the wings

spid
spid Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 5:47 PM Quote
Hoooooowwwwwwwl, arf, woof hoooowwwwl, rwfoof!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 5:47 PM Quote
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
"Michigan Beef." What is it, and why is it served only on the east coast?

Discuss.

michigan beef? doesn't sound appealing, is that what michigan is best known for? when i was am kid i really loved the wolverines, i wanted to be one,other than that,don't know much about it,oh wait,...at the risk of creating yet another hockey thread, the other thing i know about michigan is the wings

Michigan is NOT known for its beef. That's the problem. Anne was recently in Vermont and they went to a pizza restaurant which served a "Red Dog" pizza that featured "Michigan Beef" as a topping. She was informed it was just spicy beef (like taco meat) and they could give no details as to why it is called Michigan Beef. Sounds suspicious to me.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 5:48 PM Quote
On my trip to Vermont a few weeks ago a pizza parlor had some interesting specialty pizzas. One of them was called the Red Dog and featured, "Michigan-style beef, pepperoni, and hot dog slices."

1) HOT DOG SLICES?????????

2) I'm from Michigan and have no clue what MI-style beef is.

The She-Devils didn't know either. I actually called the restaurant back and the answer was "it's spicy beef."

No clue why that makes it Michigan beef but OK.

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 6:30 PM Quote
If either one of you ever want REAL mexican food come to l.a.,when you get here go straight to olvera street near downtown l.a.....great stuff

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 6:31 PM Quote
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:
If either one of you ever want REAL mexican food come to l.a.,when you get here go straight to olvera street near downtown l.a.....great stuff

I live in Texas now so there is no shortage of Mexican food here.

I made the mistake of eating Mexican food in Michigan one time and will never make that fatal error again. It was a nightmare.

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 6:49 PM Quote
OMG,there is mexican food in michigan? I tried mexican food in amsterdam once,also,not a good idea, i think they have mexico confused with Iran.....yuck

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 6:55 PM Quote
Well, Anne there is now an official "Mexicantown" in Detroit, so perhaps the cuisine has improved. I'm not a fan.

I've heard of Michigan-style Conies, but not Michigan-style beef.

Interesting that Coney Islands are not called Coney Islands at Coney Island, but they call their hot dogs Michigan-style and we don't. Do they serve Chicago-style pizza in Chicago?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 7:01 PM Quote
I had the best Mexican food on saturday. There is this little hole in the wall place run by a Mexican couple. sooo good.

And to add to the discussion..
I know it has already been discussed, but we dont call it "Canadian bacon" in canada.

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 7:34 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Do they serve Chicago-style pizza in Chicago?

yes, yes they do! Giordano's and Lou Malnati's. i prefer Giordano's myself. mmmmmmm i miss Chicago-style pizza!
you know, Giordano's will actually ship a frozen pie anywhere in the nation...

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 7:49 PM Quote
Right, back to the subject at hand!

Just clicked on the click you provided us with Anne! Ek I DO know that song. It's in the tv music channels, well it was....all over the summer! You need to LEAP on the controller to change over. My nieces bf loves that tune so we had to endure the pain to our ears! :-/

BAD BAD music! Why are people allowed to record shit like this and feed it to the masses?

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 9:16 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Right, back to the subject at hand!

Just clicked on the click you provided us with Anne! Ek I DO know that song. It's in the tv music channels, well it was....all over the summer! You need to LEAP on the controller to change over. My nieces bf loves that tune so we had to endure the pain to our ears! :-/

BAD BAD music! Why are people allowed to record shit like this and feed it to the masses?

yikes pee wee,I'm sorry,that sucks a lot

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 9:26 PM Quote
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:

SF > LA

A visiting friend from Italy ate a burrito with a knife & fork the other day . that was funny

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 9:40 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:

SF > LA

A visiting friend from Italy ate a burrito with a knife & fork the other day . that was funny

Lol,knife and fork,did you correct your friend???next time tell him or her to just go for it! we are not nibblers

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:43 PM