Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 07 Dec, 2008 4:38 PM Quote
Aha! But isn't it time to put up your christmas curtains soon? The curtains on my picture are my mums christmas curtains I think...

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 07 Dec, 2008 4:39 PM Quote
people have christmas curtains? that is dedication.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 07 Dec, 2008 4:43 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Well it's part of the tradiotion :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 07 Dec, 2008 4:56 PM Quote
ive never heard of a curtain tradition.

I found a bunch of my old uni papers and decided they would be a hoot to read. If anyone would like to read inspiration pieces such as:
-Analysis of the Canadian Media Coverage of International Development: Environment Scan of the CTV News
-Security Through Confirmity: The Creation of the American Lifestyle in the 1950s
-Information and Communication Technologies in Developing Countries: Possibility for Human Rights
-Characteristics of the Trudeau Government of the 1970s: The Canadian Image of the "Just Society"

...you just give me a shout. They are real page turners.
I managed to squeeze hockey and the Sens in particular into 3 or 4 paper. I wish I could find those.

PS- my cappuccino tastes mapley. That is weird. Maybe it is just in my DNA.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 07 Dec, 2008 5:39 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Well it's part of the tradiotion :)

If you have a Christmas curtain tradition, then by all means, you should post it in the "Christmas (or other winter holiday) Traditions" thread.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 07 Dec, 2008 6:56 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

If you have a Christmas curtain tradition, then by all means, you should post it in the "Christmas (or other winter holiday) Traditions" thread.

Hehe perhaps, but I think it's a pretty common tradition in most countries? Or am I wrong?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 07 Dec, 2008 7:00 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Hehe perhaps, but I think it's a pretty common tradition in most countries? Or am I wrong?

I've never heard of it before. We should take a poll.

Hey everybody!! Do you have a Christmas curtain tradition in your country?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 07 Dec, 2008 7:07 PM Quote
no

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 07 Dec, 2008 7:08 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I've never heard of it before. We should take a poll.

Hey everybody!! Do you have a Christmas curtain tradition in your country?

I have never seen Christmas curtains before.

juuuli
juuuli Posted Sun 07 Dec, 2008 8:07 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

You're not wrong! :D We always change the curtains around Christmas, so it's a tradition in my family at least.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 07 Dec, 2008 9:19 PM Quote
Hehe we change curtains for almost every festival or season.
We have special ones up for christmas, easter and then the color mode changes for winter, summer, spring and autumn.
Same goes for tableclothes.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sun 07 Dec, 2008 9:32 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
We have special ones up for christmas, easter and then the color mode changes for winter, summer, spring and autumn.

I can't imagine my house with different curtains, it'd be such a big change. Knowing my family no one would notice for a couple of months though. We do have a Christmas tablecloth, it's got little elves on it :)

I saw The Nightmare Before Christmas in the cinema today in 3D. I feel so Christmassy now!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 07 Dec, 2008 9:35 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Really? Fascinating! You must have a large linen closet. I like the idea of changing them with the seasons. Maybe I'll do that someday. I have to make my kitchen curtains though, because my windows are odd sizes. It's a bummer.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 07 Dec, 2008 9:35 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

I can't imagine my house with different curtains, it'd be such a big change. Knowing my family no one would notice for a couple of months though. We do have a Christmas tablecloth, it's got little elves on it :)

I saw The Nightmare Before Christmas in the cinema today in 3D. I feel so Christmassy now!

Do you live in a castle? ;)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 07 Dec, 2008 9:44 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Really? Fascinating! You must have a large linen closet. I like the idea of changing them with the seasons. Maybe I'll do that someday. I have to make my kitchen curtains though, because my windows are odd sizes. It's a bummer.

Haha I don't do this, I'm straight and single(this is not a contact advert). You have to ask all of your qustions to my mum, I will put her in front of the screen someday ;)
Also we have IKEA so we don't have to do so much ourselves, we just buy different sets :P

Pages Previous 1...25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:33 AM