Travis

Re: Last film you saw
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 03 Mar, 2009 3:20 PM Quote
Monica wrote:

Exactly my thoughts. But the story has a happy ending, we're living in a period of crisis and people demand that kind of endings, that's why the film won so many awards. I keep saying that The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button is way much better ^^

I agree! My sister and I were talking about this too, about the period of crisis thing.
I didn't see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, but if you recommend it, I'll see if I can rent it or something :o).

Robyn
Robyn Posted Wed 04 Mar, 2009 6:06 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Haha I'm SO sorry, I shouldn't be on here when I'm tired! I thought you were talking about Eternal Sunshine, that's the movie I was refering too, lol! I haven't seen Little Miss Sunshine :S

lol don't worry about it. eternal sunshine of the spotless mind is great too. it can get a bit confusing the first time you watch it, but it's still good. i've often considered dying my hair like clementine, but i reckon kate winslet can get away with it. elijah wood's in that isn't he? and kirsten dunst. i remember she had an afair with her boss or something, and she has her memory wiped but then falls in love with him again...? anyway it's a good film too :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 04 Mar, 2009 9:21 PM Quote
Robyn wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Haha I'm SO sorry, I shouldn't be on here when I'm tired! I thought you were talking about Eternal Sunshine, that's the movie I was refering too, lol! I haven't seen Little Miss Sunshine :S

lol don't worry about it. eternal sunshine of the spotless mind is great too. it can get a bit confusing the first time you watch it, but it's still good. i've often considered dying my hair like clementine, but i reckon kate winslet can get away with it. elijah wood's in that isn't he? and kirsten dunst. i remember she had an afair with her boss or something, and she has her memory wiped but then falls in love with him again...? anyway it's a good film too :)

Yeah that's right, all of it lol! I dyed my hair light-blue once, it looked kinda funny :)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 04 Mar, 2009 9:33 PM Quote

Borat is on TV at the moment, I lasted about 10mins, it's shit, It's basically just taking the piss out of people who are ignorant(not in the offensive way).

Inside Man is about to start has anyone seen it, is it any good ?? I quite like Clive Owen, Jodie Foster and Denzel Washington but it's Spike Lee and he can lay the metaphors on a bit thick at times.

Dubz

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Wed 04 Mar, 2009 9:56 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Borat is on TV at the moment, I lasted about 10mins, it's shit, It's basically just taking the piss out of people who are ignorant(not in the offensive way).

Inside Man is about to start has anyone seen it, is it any good ?? I quite like Clive Owen, Jodie Foster and Denzel Washington but it's Spike Lee and he can lay the metaphors on a bit thick at times.

Dubz

Yeah, my sister wanted to watch Borat. She lasted five mins before turning to me and saying "it's kinda boring isn't it?" To be honest though, Inside Man isn't much better. I saw it a few years ago and found it boring, but that's cos it's not really my thing anyway, I'm sure many people would find it great.

I watched Breakfast On Pluto yesterday. I expected it to be good, but I didn't expect to love it so much! It's fantastic, I definetly recommend it to anyone.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 05 Mar, 2009 12:00 AM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
To be honest though, Inside Man isn't much better. I saw it a few years ago and found it boring, but that's cos it's not really my thing anyway, I'm sure many people would find it great.

It was not bad, quite good actually but not great, a nice hour and a half of entertainment, not to be taken to seriously, and Spike seems to be backing of on the racism sh!t, it was still there but underlying rather than direct. a good no nonsense Heist film that wasn't too obvious.

Dubz

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Thu 05 Mar, 2009 12:22 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
fenchurch wrote:
To be honest though, Inside Man isn't much better. I saw it a few years ago and found it boring, but that's cos it's not really my thing anyway, I'm sure many people would find it great.

It was not bad, quite good actually but not great, a nice hour and a half of entertainment, not to be taken to seriously, and Spike seems to be backing of on the racism sh!t, it was still there but underlying rather than direct. a good no nonsense Heist film that wasn't too obvious.

Dubz

Yeah I must admit it was better second time round.

Monica
Monica Posted Thu 05 Mar, 2009 5:12 PM Quote
Gran Torino. Another amazing film by Clint Eastwood.

Robyn
Robyn Posted Thu 05 Mar, 2009 5:54 PM Quote
From Hell with Johnny Depp
i saw it ages ago and i just remember thinking 'not as good as sleepy hollow'...
but it's grown on me since and i kinda like it now. even though it's gross lol

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 05 Mar, 2009 11:43 PM Quote
Manhunter is just starting on ITV, a very young Gill Grisom stars in the first adaptation of a Hannibal Lecter story (Red Dragon later remade). Directed by Michael Mann it's typically very "miami vice" all big suits and moody lighting and synth music.. very 80's. Best use of Iron Butterfly in a soundtrack ever. btw Brian Cox is a far scarier Hannibal than Hopkins (IMHO) even though he's only in this for about a minute.

Dubz

*edit* by strange coincidence Dee bought me the book the other day so I'm re-reading it at the moment.

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 06 Mar, 2009 8:32 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
btw Brian Cox is a far scarier Hannibal than Hopkins (IMHO) even though he's only in this for about a minute.

Aww no way - Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs is the scariest thing ever!

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Fri 06 Mar, 2009 5:42 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
Gran Torino. Another amazing film by Clint Eastwood.

ahhhh! Clint Eastwood is the greatest! I wanna see that movie! :)

steeler62
steeler62 Posted Fri 06 Mar, 2009 6:55 PM Quote
I saw watchmen at midnight last night and it was amazing. Really recomend seeing it. Not only is the plot good the visuals are amazing!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 07 Mar, 2009 2:39 AM Quote
watchmen . intense story

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 07 Mar, 2009 2:41 AM Quote

"The invisible"

Really enjoyed all of it - the plot, the actors as the cut.

well done

Pages Previous 1...24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:41 AM