Travis

Re: ANGRY!
lilly
lilly Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 11:33 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
minnmess wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I just realized that my fingers stink, damn onions!

Cant be as bad as garlic though! I love garlic, but every time i chop it, my hands smell of it for days. I can wash my hands 20 times and it is still there.
I think i need a better mortar and pestle so that I can just shmush it.

Weeks! The hands smell of garlic for WEEKS! Too bad garlic is one of my favourite ingredient ;(

I read, the smell goes away when you rub your fingers (while you're washing them) at a stainless-steel surface. or a knife made of stainless steel. apparantly, some chemical reaction thing happens and your fingers smell of soap or washing-up liquid(heard this is better than soap in this case) only ;)
I've never tried it because I hardly ever chop garlic. I cut a clove in 2 halves (very carefully ;P), fry them a bit with onions etc and in the END, I take the garlic out of the mix again. result: the fingers don't smell and (even better) the next day your breath isn't smelly either.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 12:46 PM Quote
ive heard about the steel thing. Dont know if it works though.

Cant take the garlic out, it is too yummy! There is no checking going on, so who cares.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 1:05 PM Quote
Hurray my fingers still smell!

Well I'm gonna bring a nife into the shower(no I wont be singing Song To Self, it's not what you think it is!) and rub my fingers against it and see if that works! =)

Thanks my two favourite Plutonians(haha is that the correct word?)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 1:13 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Hurray my fingers still smells!

Well I'm gonna bring a nife into the shower(no I wont be singing Song To Self, it's not what you think it is!) and rub my fingers against it and see if that works! =)

akk! Be careful Swede Boy! Nakedness and a knife seems like a bad idea!

Yes, Plutonians.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 1:22 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Hurray my fingers still smells!

akk! Be careful Swede Boy! Nakedness and a knife seems like a bad idea!

Yes, Plutonians.

Well maybe I wasn't too serious about that :P

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 1:29 PM Quote
thats probably for the best, or Swede Boy might accidently become Swede Girl. And really, who wants to have to explain that?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 1:32 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
thats probably for the best, or Swede Boy might accidently become Swede Girl. And really, who wants to have to explain that?

Hey!! I said I was going to rub my fingers against the knife! Look who's got the DIRTY mind!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 1:40 PM Quote
i said accidently didnt i?

I'm a good girl

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 2:07 PM Quote
How clumsy do you think I am?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 2:15 PM Quote
there is water. Water is slippery

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 2:16 PM Quote
I don't feel comfortable with the subject anymore, lets move on :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 2:41 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I don't feel comfortable with the subject anymore, lets move on :)

consider it dropped

lilly
lilly Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 3:16 PM Quote
ok, so I'm VERY close to going ballistic right now.
In the past few weeks, the VLC-video player (on my laptop) has had some problems with playing dvds. but: it still worked! and NOW, the f***ing video stops after a few minutes (while the audio goes on)... A-R-G-H. My Windows Media Player doesn't play DVDs at all (because I had to buy a new hard disc in February and with the old one, all the nice features are gone) , the Windows Classic Player reports a copy right problem (the DVD is bought and new and my region-code and everything), other players cost an awful lot of money and - apparently - the only "free" one that used to play EVERYthing until now (VLC player) hates me now as well.

but I NEED to watch DVDs on my laptop (don't have a TV), or I can't write my STUPID DISSERTATION! *AAAARRRRGGHHHHHHRRMPH*

Pages Previous 1...18 19 20 21 [22] All Times BST Current Time 1:30 PM