Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
Nell
Nell Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 5:02 PM Quote

lilly r u going to the travis-concert in munich? februaruy 8th i think...i'm gonna be there, hopefully with some friends. do u know where they play? in the east of munich? Englischer Garten? ?

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 5:21 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

lilly r u going to the travis-concert in munich? februaruy 8th i think...i'm gonna be there, hopefully with some friends. do u know where they play? in the east of munich? Englischer Garten? ?

I guess I really can't go :'(, because I'm just too skint (not only at the moment, but in general, I just can't pay 34 euros for a ticket when I need sth to eat, books etc).

the concert isn't in the English Garden (though that would be nice), but it isn't in some far-away area, either - noooor in the east.
it's actually in a very central venue, in "Muffathalle".
Do you know where the "Deutsches Museum" is?
it's opposite the museum building, but kinda "lower", right at the Isar (our beauuuutiful river, for those in the unknown ;D)
You can't miss it when there's a concert ;)

*sniff*
*needs the real Santa to bring her a ticket this year... or the "Christkind" [the baby Christ, who's actually bringing presents on Dec 24 in Germany]... a man looking like Santa is coming on Dec 6th... oooh it's all very confusing...)

ayana
ayana Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 5:55 PM Quote
lilly wrote:

well, do an internship instead of "Erasmus"!
I have the impression that Erasmus students always hang out together anyway, so they never meet the real natives and even if they speak English, they copy each other's mistakes etc etc. If you do an internship at a company in the UK, you might actually hear some proper English there ;D

There are European internship programmes like "Leonardo Da Vinci" where you have to find the internship yourself but once you do they give you a monthly sum of 300 euros (I think that's the amount for the UK)... just google it ;)

The problem with internship is that you can only do it after having passed your Degree (at least that's the case in my University). And I really didn't plan on staying here for a fourth year...

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 5:59 PM Quote
ayana wrote:
lilly wrote:

well, do an internship instead of "Erasmus"!
I have the impression that Erasmus students always hang out together anyway, so they never meet the real natives and even if they speak English, they copy each other's mistakes etc etc. If you do an internship at a company in the UK, you might actually hear some proper English there ;D

There are European internship programmes like "Leonardo Da Vinci" where you have to find the internship yourself but once you do they give you a monthly sum of 300 euros (I think that's the amount for the UK)... just google it ;)

The problem with internship is that you can only do it after having passed your Degree (at least that's the case in my University). And I really didn't plan on staying here for a fourth year...

really? Hm I guess it's because in some countries (like in Germany in the "old pre-Bologna-process system" that I'm still in) you have to do a huge batch of exams after 2,5 years if you're doing a 5-year course (like I do), and you get grades etc and can apply to internships and so on with the certificate you get. When you have a more or less decent grade (you need a B), you can apply for Leonardo.

ayana
ayana Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 6:39 PM Quote
lilly wrote:

really? Hm I guess it's because in some countries (like in Germany in the "old pre-Bologna-process system" that I'm still in) you have to do a huge batch of exams after 2,5 years if you're doing a 5-year course (like I do), and you get grades etc and can apply to internships and so on with the certificate you get. When you have a more or less decent grade (you need a B), you can apply for Leonardo.

It's different from the French system. Here we have a three-year course called a License (where basically only the third year is important for your Degree) and then, you can go on with another two-year course called a Master. And internships are only opened to Master 1...
But I really don't want to do one. I already feel like I'm wasting my time this year and it's only my 2nd so I can't imagine what it will be like in the fifth... :s

Maybe I should just move to Germany. You've got a better system and I really need to improve my German! haha.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 6:46 PM Quote
How much does the ticket cost?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 7:37 PM Quote
2 Liberal parties are teaming up to overthrow my stupid Prime Minister!
Party in my van! You are all invited!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 7:43 PM Quote
I'll diss your van-party, my Tintin hairdo won't fit!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 7:44 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I'll diss your van-party, my Tintin hairdo won't fit!

pftt. Fine, be that way! My van party doesnt need you ;)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 7:54 PM Quote
Fine Tintin will sit by the fire, with his dog and get stabbed in the back by crazy Canadian indians....and Darran.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 7:56 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Fine Tintin will sit by the fire, with his dog and get stabbed in the back by crazy Canadian indians....and Darran.

they are called First Nations, or Aboriginal people. Indians are from India.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 7:58 PM Quote
If we're going to be finicky, you don't really have a VAN!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 7:59 PM Quote
Fine! Party in my SUV!
You still cant fit!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 8:01 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Fine! Party in my SUV!
You still cant fit!

And now you're saying I'm fat?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 8:08 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
2 Liberal parties are teaming up to overthrow my stupid Prime Minister!
Party in my van! You are all invited!

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Pages Previous 1...17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:24 AM