Travis

Re: Kristy's Guide to Canadian Pronounciation
lilly
lilly Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 9:15 PM Quote
aaah *bouncing again*
thanks for doing this kayte, it's a great video, even though you didn't show us your boots ;D

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 9:18 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Haha! I see you found it. It was still uploading and I had to go pick up the kids from school.

I messed up one part, I meant to say we don't pronounce the second "t" in Detroit, not the second "d". Because of course, there is no second "d." Duh.

Vernors is gross. It was just a prop. I had Don buy it last night and he'll drink it. Blahhhhh.

Yay! Good job, K-Dawg!! You look so proper, lol. Yeah, I think I do have a bit more of a Michigan accent than you, but we almost sound the same. Except I say "melk"...and I LOVE Vernors.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 9:24 PM Quote
Nikki, does your mother have a Polish accent?

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 9:24 PM Quote
Kayte!!! That was brilliant! Way to go missy! You look so cute with your hair and you have a lovely American accent ;) Wow lots more words in there that I have to add to my list...it was so funny I was literally giggling to myself as soooooo many words we say differently and you ALL are gonna laugh at my accent. I'm so excited I even went hunting for my boots! LOL

BTW my friend in work thinks we are all CRAZY!!! He's about right! :D

Ohhhhh and I gotta get my props at the ready. Much fun much fun!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 9:31 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Nikki, does your mother have a Polish accent?

Nope. She was born in Detroit, but spoke Polish in her home. She didn't know English when she went to kindergarten, lol. But no..she doesn't have an accent. My babcia has a major accent though...but that's expected. She came here when she was in her 30s.

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 10:36 PM Quote
This is great by the way. this is probably my favourite thread ever. I'm loving videos made by the boardies for the boardies - its brilliant being able to see you in real life!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 10:52 PM Quote
I might make one if I have time on Friday....*cough* where I "work" from home. ;) Kayte, can you please post your list when you have a minute? It's getting quite long and there's been several things added on along the way.

I think we should all say Travis as well.
I say it like Tr-ayah-vis.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 11:15 PM Quote
okay, watching Kayte's.
It is my turn to declare this CUTE! Ahh, love it.
I think you say out and about oddly, lol. And did you call me watered down British? Im not sure if I should be offended or happy.
I totally didnt know that you guys didnt say the last t in Detroit.
I should have said grade 1, since you guys say first grade.
You guys do say the "o" in a lot of words very "a" like, dont you?
Thanks Kayte! My name has never been said in a video so many times!
More videos people!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 11:15 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I might make one if I have time on Friday....*cough* where I "work" from home. ;) Kayte, can you please post your list when you have a minute? It's getting quite long and there's been several things added on along the way.

Traaayavis. Do you also say Mayaaax? Yes, I'll post my list. It's upstairs at the moment and we're getting ready to go off to Christmas play practice. Blahhhhh. I hate these mid-week practices. They've changed Violet from an angel to a sheep because she won't leave Max's side and he's a shepherd. Ha ha!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 11:21 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Traaayavis. Do you also say Mayaaax? Yes, I'll post my list. It's upstairs at the moment and we're getting ready to go off to Christmas play practice. Blahhhhh. I hate these mid-week practices. They've changed Violet from an angel to a sheep because she won't leave Max's side and he's a shepherd. Ha ha!

Haha. Thanks Kayte! :) Yes...I have to admit, I do sorta say Mayax. It's not that noticible though.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 11:25 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
They've changed Violet from an angel to a sheep because she won't leave Max's side and he's a shepherd. Ha ha!

thats too cute.
I was a present in a christmas play once.
really, who wouldnt want the gift of Kristy?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 11:26 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
okay, watching Kayte's.
It is my turn to declare this CUTE! Ahh, love it.
I think you say out and about oddly, lol. And did you call me watered down British? Im not sure if I should be offended or happy.
I totally didnt know that you guys didnt say the last t in Detroit.
I should have said grade 1, since you guys say first grade.
You guys do say the "o" in a lot of words very "a" like, dont you?
Thanks Kayte! My name has never been said in a video so many times!
More videos people!

Well, we do say the last T in Detroit...but it's very soft, so it almost sounds like we're not saying it. And yeah, our Os are said like As a lot. :)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 11:33 PM Quote
Wooooohoooooo OK you crazy bunch of peeps I have quickly put together my video just to prove that I do have "balls" LOL. I had lots of fun and hope you enjoy viewing ;)

Peewee's Pronounciation

This is HILARIOUS! Phew I'm tired and ready for bed now! lol

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 11:34 PM Quote
Kristy- if you're reading this...get your Canadian butt in the chatroom. :)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 11:39 PM Quote
Also, forgive me on the crappy video quality. Dunno that happened with that and I have to register with youtube....see I have learnt lots of new things tonight! lol

Pages Previous 1...16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:51 PM