Travis

Re: ODE TO J. SMITH STREAM
mozman68
mozman68 Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 7:00 PM Quote
No MySpace at work...damn bastards....I hate working for the man....

Digsy
Digsy Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 7:24 PM Quote
thanks a lot Fran! I'm already loving Chinese Blues (have just started listening and i haven't heard any of these before)

hope to see you tomorrow guys! x

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 7:25 PM Quote
ah! I told myself that I wouldn't listen until the album came out, but ooohhh...too tempting! whattodo, whattodo!!

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 7:32 PM Quote
wahay, cheers Fran. Since this is all official n'stuff it doesn't feel naughty listening. Gonna have to go knock a policeman's hat off or something instead to get my kicks.

Loving Chinese Blues.

Eledh
Eledh Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 7:33 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
ah! I told myself that I wouldn't listen until the album came out, but ooohhh...too tempting! whattodo, whattodo!!

*puts on her myspace page suit*

Click me, Sandy, Click me!

XD

Great songs, anyway. I will never stop saying that Last Words gives me chills. In a good way.
*_* Thanks, Fran.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 7:40 PM Quote
Eledh wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:

*puts on her myspace pace suit*

XD

Great songs, anyway. I will never stop saying that Last Words gives me chills. In a good way.
*_* Thanks, Fran.

lol...yeah, I have NO will power whatsoever! I'm on it now, just about to listen to Chinese Blues. I can't wait until my album comes in the mail though!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 7:45 PM Quote
Thanks Fran. You guys are so wonderful to share your music so freely. But like Nikki I am choosing to abstain. I have an old school sound system (from the 60s) at home and I've had this vision of listening to this album recorded in such an old school way on that for the very first time. I've heard enough tracks to know this album will rock my socks and my face off so I'm going to wait a little bit longer to have the experience I've been waiting for.

Please please come to Austin soon. I don't know how much longer I can wait to hear these songs live. I might explode. Do you really want that on your conscience?

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 7:55 PM Quote
Broken Mirror & Long Way Down aren't working for me, but was great to hear Chinese Blues, Friends and particularly Last Words - one word - woah.

peno
peno Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 7:55 PM Quote
Nice of you and thanks a lot Fran. I´ll listen a bit here, but I maybe a little "oldfacion". I prefer to injoy the new album when I got the real one in hand. Waitet so many month and we folks can wait a few more days and fully injoy the new superalbum...I got a good feeling here....:-)))

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 7:58 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Thanks Fran. You guys are so wonderful to share your music so freely. But like Nikki I am choosing to abstain. I have an old school sound system (from the 60s) at home and I've had this vision of listening to this album recorded in such an old school way on that for the very first time. I've heard enough tracks to know this album will rock my socks and my face off so I'm going to wait a little bit longer to have the experience I've been waiting for.

Please please come to Austin soon. I don't know how much longer I can wait to hear these songs live. I might explode. Do you really want that on your conscience?

ha! But Anne, think of the song that he could write about it! "The Exploding Fan." It will be his masterpiece.

mili
mili Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 8:00 PM Quote
I have no spine. I wasn't going to listen, but the temptation was too great. Absolutely fabulous stuff. Mind you, I kept waiting for a little voice to say "papa" during Friends, lol.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 8:02 PM Quote
Just listened to the start of Friends, such a cool vibe :D I can't wait for Monday (waiting is the best bit!)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 8:11 PM Quote
Live the songs are amazing and so I'm fully confident the album will be incredible. J Smith, Get Up, Something Anything and Song To Self are enough to keep me going for another few days. I've always said Chinese Blues was stunning, and it seems as if it's worked out that way in the studio too. Can't wait 'til Monday. :)

Keep up the great work Fran. These songs plus the b sides really are great. I love The Boy but this is truly the start of a new era. :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 8:14 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Eledh wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:

XD

*_* Thanks, Fran.

lol...yeah, I have NO will power whatsoever! I'm on it now, just about to listen to Chinese Blues. I can't wait until my album comes in the mail though!

What site did you pre-order from, Sandy?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 8:20 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Eledh wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:

XD

*_* Thanks, Fran.

What site did you pre-order from, Sandy?

Nikki, Anne, and potanitally Sandy, you need to let me know if your pre-ordering worked! if you get your albums in the mail next week and i will order one as well. I think Nikki and Anne, you did it from Amazon?

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:11 PM