Travis

Re: Leaks or potential leaks
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 10:53 AM Quote
Oh sod off!!! All I'm saying is, it's 5 days away. You seem obsessed with this leak as if your life depends on it. I'm not saying DON'T DOWNLOAD. I'm telling you to stop going on about it! Download it all you want. I've never said i had a problem with that. But every 5 minutes 'where's this leak?'

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 10:56 AM Quote
yeah but if u click on a thread with the word "leak" in it twice you u what your gonna see....i just think its strange more than anything that its not leaked most albums even by minor bands get leaked ages before they come out.....does this mean people just dont care?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 10:59 AM Quote
Yes, I know it was about the leak and I thought 'oh not again' and I kindly suggested that 5 days was not long to wait and this obsessive attitude over it by some people is pathetic. No problem with downloading it. You do that.

Unfortunately yes.

accousticbug
accousticbug Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:01 AM Quote
argh..seriously.. would you guys give it a rest. why cant you wait until you hear it like its meant to heard?

to sort of so very publically bring it up time and time again, i dont think its too cool.. if it leaks it leaks, dont be a willy. be at least a little subtle about it, dont plaster it all over there main messageboard.

i garuantee you that if it does leak then it will stop *some* people actually going out to buy it. i know the band are very down with mp3 sharing, but come on i dont think its very fair.

its just human nature. why pay for something when you can get it for free.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:03 AM Quote
Well said! :) Though I think a leak would help the band at this time rather than hurt it, I agree with the other points. :)

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:04 AM Quote
Fair enough i totaly get that, to be honest ive got my first day off in ages today and im get gettin a bit bored and jealous of our japanise friends.... Agree the leak might actually kick start somthing for the album with the more causal fan downloading , tho i have noticed on the main download fourms people are coming back from the gigs really wanting to hear the new stuff hopefully that will keep going as the tour goes on...maybe a wee tour before SA would have got it a tad higher that 110 or whatever it was

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:26 AM Quote
I think it's hilarious that it hasn't leaked and people are getting frustrated about it. I'm waiting till Monday either way so doesn't bother me...

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:30 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
I think it's hilarious that it hasn't leaked and people are getting frustrated about it. I'm waiting till Monday either way so doesn't bother me...

I find it hilarious that people want it to be leaked (and would advertise it if it was leaked), then moan about a lack of chart position. Er ... cos everyone will have downloaded it, you fools!

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:31 AM Quote
That doesnt make sence cause every album leaks these days to it doesn actually effect the postion probebly just sales

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:35 AM Quote
Safe Side wrote:
That doesnt make sence cause every album leaks these days to it doesn actually effect the postion probebly just sales

And what do you think determines the position?

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:36 AM Quote
Hmmm i think everyone may find that the intention of this was to get some clarity from the web team or any other authority figure about what the rules are on this.

And on a side not, how ever so sanctomonious are a couple of you?

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:38 AM Quote
Kristy wrote:
Safe Side wrote:

sales i no but its all relative because every album is downloaded ilegally so they all suffer form that not just travis...oasis album leaked last night and has been downloaded hunderds of thousands of time but i will still get to no1

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:39 AM Quote
something you 'leak' fans don't consider.... more often the time before an album is out is the most exciting, like waiting for Xmas, going on hols or most of all waiting for a Travis gig ! so guys enjoy the eeeeeeeee time before Monday ! I am ! :)

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:41 AM Quote
Safe Side wrote:
Kristy wrote:
Safe Side wrote:

sales i no but its all relative because every album is downloaded ilegally so they all suffer form that not just travis...oasis album leaked last night and has been downloaded hunderds of thousands of time but i will still get to no1

Riiiight.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:41 AM Quote
Kristy wrote:
Typing to Reach You wrote:

I find it hilarious that people want it to be leaked (and would advertise it if it was leaked), then moan about a lack of chart position. Er ... cos everyone will have downloaded it, you fools!

Yep, right you are. Lets have the good ol' days back when release dates were release dates.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:51 PM