Travis

Re: Tail of the Tiger & Used to Belong
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 9:42 PM Quote
steeler62 wrote:
I already have Used to belong played over 100 times, and it still gives me the chills. It's just an other example that fran has one of the greatist Voices of all time.

I agree too!

romy_arg
romy_arg Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 10:36 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Don't know if anyone's posted about these yet...but I'm too lazy to check.

I got the single thru the post yesterday, and I cannot stop listening!! Something Anything we've heard already, so I won't comment on that...
But Used to Belong is amazing! I don't think I've ever heard this sound from them before, and I quite like it. It's really catchy, and I definitely need to listen again and again to catch the lyrics, but I'm a little sad that this one's not an album song. Fran's voice in this is sooo pretty! Lot's of high notes too!

Tail of the Tiger is a bit different, and definitely a grower. I listened yesterday and while I liked it, it didn't grab me like Used to Belong. But, I listened twice today, and I'm definitely liking it more and more. Did Dougie write the lyrics to this one?

I think the same about Used to Belong!!
What a lovely song!! i tried to catcj the lyrics but i can't.. is there any thread where we can help each other.?
See I'm from Argentina but I'm not very good on writing what i hear from the song..
It's there is a thread please let me know..
i have some ideas about the lyrics wirriten on a paper.. I'll share with everybody soon ;)
Thanks..

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 10:59 PM Quote
romy_arg wrote:

What a lovely song!! i tried to catcj the lyrics but i can't.. is there any thread where we can help each other.?
See I'm from Argentina but I'm not very good on writing what i hear from the song..
i have some ideas about the lyrics wirriten on a paper.. I'll share with everybody soon ;)
Thanks..

yeah, there was already a thread about these two songs that i didn't see... HERE and if you click on the 2nd page, someone has already posted lyrics. I don't know if they are all correct, but I think close!

potsofclay
potsofclay Posted Thu 18 Sep, 2008 10:43 PM Quote
Is there anyone who could send me the b-sides? I'm dying to hear these songs. I got the Lola song from the other thread but not Tail or Used to Belong...

I would be so APPRECIATIVE!!!! Pretty please? . . .

(ddevoid@comcast.net)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 4:03 AM Quote
I listened to the songs for the first time today and was blown away! Both are so amazing. I've said it before and I'll say it again...how can these be B-Sides?!?! What a freakin' amazing band. I'm so in love with "Used To Belong"! It's so moody and cool...very melancholy. Travis do melancholy well, but this is different. The music at the beginning sounds like nothing they've done before, the words/Fran's voice are beautiful and I love how you can hear Fran's voice faintly in the background speaking the words.

"Tail Of The Tiger" is sort of on the other side of the spectrum musically, it's really upbeat and retro sounding. I love it! It's very like 60s hippie-sounding to me. What a fun song!! :) It's been in my head all day!

Good work boys!! :)

P.S: Have lyrics been posted yet??

EDIT: Just saw the lyrics in the other thread. Thanks, James.

romy_arg
romy_arg Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 3:37 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
romy_arg wrote:

Thanks..

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! :)
REALLY... and sorry i didn't see the thread..
Thanks again..

yeah, there was already a thread about these two songs that i didn't see... HERE and if you click on the 2nd page, someone has already posted lyrics. I don't know if they are all correct, but I think close!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 6:20 AM Quote
Well, I've just heard both songs twice and I'm surprised because unlike most of you, I loved Tail Of The Tiger and I didn't like Used To Belong haha. I don't like the style I guess, I don't know. The lyrics are great, but musically... Maybe it'll grow on me (though it's not happening right now xD)...
Tail Of The Tiger sounds much more interesting, IMO. The more I listen to it, the more I love it!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 8:22 PM