Travis

Re: Album leak
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 2:17 AM Quote
Here albums and gigs are expensive. Even if it's a local band we're talking about, or even when most of the cds are made here... apparently everything costs as much as if it was imported nowadays. I hate record companies.
But I love buying cds of my favourite bands. As for gigs, I have to be selective because I don't have that much money, which sucks.

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 3:23 AM Quote
i'm doubting on doing it. The reason is, no international dates for the release yet :( if there's a chance to confirm other countries will have it on the release date, i'll wait

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 10:51 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
The reason i'm asking is because i can't afford to go and buy the CD when it comes out- gona have to wait until payday on the 28th- so it'd be nice if i could still listen to it before i'm able to buy it :)

Huh? It comes out on the 29th so you can't buy it before then anyway. Unless you mean the single, but that's not what you were asking about :S

Moray wrote:

Also, to be fair, has anyone noticed the sharp increase in the cost of gigs?? Since illegal file sharing became popular I can now afford to see more and more live shows as I don't have to spend as much money on cd's. Which is what it should really be all about - supporting live music. Especially smaller bands that I wouldn't normally think of seeing.

Gigs are now the best way of making money because albums and singles don't sell enough to make a return. So from a business point of view, the only point in music releases is to promote the gigs.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 3:35 AM Quote
Aww amazin- I THOUGHT it was released on the 15ht :D

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 7:55 AM Quote
heich wrote:
Kings of Leons new album leaked today and the release date is just one week before Ode To J Smith so i guess its close

On that note. I adore the KOL, but the middle section seems a lot like filler, dont get me wrong, great album with the best KOL song ever written " Use Somebody " and the latter " Be Somebody " but other than that its good, but not "Ode " good.

Also Glasvegas - Incredible.

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 12:34 PM Quote
FYI - the promo copies of the album for review have been released to the press this week. I'm reliably informed by my friend who reviews for the local rag and just got her copy.

mili
mili Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 12:37 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
FYI - the promo copies of the album for review have been released to the press this week. I'm reliably informed by my friend who reviews for the local rag and just got her copy.

Hope you told her to give the album five stars…

Have you listened to it yet? Any good?

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 12:41 PM Quote
I smell an iminent leak.....

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 1:21 PM Quote
I suspect the single (plus b-sides) will be leaked first. Don't see anything imminent right now, but I know where it'll be leaked first, so keeping a keen eye...

argh sod it, I just KNOW I'm gona download this. Justification being that I'm gonna buy the album anyway, but still me bad person.

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 1:49 PM Quote
mili wrote:

Hope you told her to give the album five stars…

Have you listened to it yet? Any good?

I asked if I could write the review for the paper and got this response back:

Quote:
why don't you write a review and i'll stick it up on the wall here for everyone?

mOraays Ruview of Travises album. Ages 26 and three-quarters

hahaha!!

She's promised me, if I'm good, I can sneak a listen on Sunday for my birthday.

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 2:17 PM Quote
Is that listen, or leak on sunday then?

I joke. Lol

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 2:21 PM Quote
I'll sneak a listen yeah, because it's there. But I'm no going to be the one to share it with the rest of teh interwebs!

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 3:13 PM Quote
So, not long till the release, seen a couple of places claiming to have it, but none credible.

Anyone else see it on the i-net horizon?

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Sun 14 Sep, 2008 10:02 AM Quote
bump

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Sun 14 Sep, 2008 12:15 PM Quote
not yet. Only thing that's leaked today is the new Snow Patrol single, which is good.

p.s. BUY THE ALBUM TOO YOU CHEAPSKATE. lol.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:00 PM