Travis

Re: FAO Boardie Biscuit/Cookie Exchange Partiicpants
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 11:13 AM Quote
this is great! spid rawks and contacted me already! the exchange should be underway shortly! ;) <<decode that fbi agents!!! haha

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 12:59 PM Quote
Nikki, if y'all can figure out a shuffle that keeps everyone happy that is fine with me. But adding you makes it an uneven amount so perhaps someone is willing to exchange twice or another late comer will reveal themselves?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 3:07 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Nikki, if y'all can figure out a shuffle that keeps everyone happy that is fine with me. But adding you makes it an uneven amount so perhaps someone is willing to exchange twice or another late comer will reveal themselves?

How about this: Lucile sends cookies to Juli, Juli sends cookies to Nikki, Nikki sends cookies to Lucile. It's a cookie triangle!

I have decided on my American cookie to send to Spain. I just hope it's not something already available there. I tried checking the cookie company's web site to see if they sell cookies elsewhere, but I couldn't find anything. So much American stuff is everwhere you know?

I've never sent food overseas. I imagine good packing is in order to avoid it arriving in a pile of crumbs.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 3:14 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

How about this: Lucile sends cookies to Juli, Juli sends cookies to Nikki, Nikki sends cookies to Lucile. It's a cookie triangle!

I have decided on my American cookie to send to Spain. I just hope it's not something already available there. I tried checking the cookie company's web site to see if they sell cookies elsewhere, but I couldn't find anything. So much American stuff is everwhere you know?

I've never sent food overseas. I imagine good packing is in order to avoid it arriving in a pile of crumbs.

Sounds groovy to me! Glad your brain can come up with a solution. I haven't had caffeine yet today.

What cookie did you decide on? I am leaning towards Nutter Butters or perhaps some soft chocolate chip cookies (I don't like the hard ones like Chips Ahoy). Pepperidge Farms has several good kinds. Also wondered about their availability in the UK.

If anyone knows please post so I can decide what to bestow upon Peewee the Pirate Princess.

spid
spid Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 3:37 PM Quote
I'm all excited just need to check you can't get what I have planned in the US

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 3:37 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Don´t worry about it! Whatever will be ok!! :)

Monica
Monica Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 4:18 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I have contacted my cookie person. I'm sure my daughter will enjoy getting real Spanish cookies from a real Spanish person from Spain.

Real Spanish cookies... That's funny, cause I'm Spanish and I have no idea what those are :p
Maybe María or Artiach. What do you think, Yulen? xD

http://www.elpais.com/recorte/20080427elpnegemp_8/LCO340/Ies/Galleta_Artiach.jpg

http://partido.marianistas.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/galleta_maria.gif

I have a question (probably it's really stupid, I know :p). Does the rest of the world have these cookies?

http://lacasadelasgolosinas.com/images/filiblanweb.jpg

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 4:29 PM Quote
Just a question...and this might be a stupid one, but is everyone just sending one type of cookie, or a variety, or what?
I'd like to do a variety...but just wondering!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 4:36 PM Quote
Monica wrote:

those rawk ! like uber !

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 4:37 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Just a question...and this might be a stupid one, but is everyone just sending one type of cookie, or a variety, or what?
I'd like to do a variety...but just wondering!

I think do whatever you want.

I was thinking of buying a few of the snack pack sizes that they sell by the cash registers to give a variety. That helps keep the size of the package down as well.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 4:49 PM Quote
Monica I've never seen any of those cookies but they all look yummy. LOL at edible Filipinos.

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 5:08 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
I have contacted my cookie person. I'm sure my daughter will enjoy getting real Spanish cookies from a real Spanish person from Spain.

Real Spanish cookies... That's funny, cause I'm Spanish and I have no idea what those are :p
Maybe María or Artiach. What do you think, Yulen? xD

http://www.elpais.com/recorte/20080427elpnegemp_8/LCO340/Ies/Galleta_Artiach.jpg

http://partido.marianistas.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/galleta_maria.gif

I have a question (probably it's really stupid, I know :p). Does the rest of the world have these cookies?

OMG. I´m an ignorant about this matter!! My packet is on the way!!!!!!

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 5:16 PM Quote
For Turtleneck:

It´s on the way!!!! I hope your daughter has never tasted them, although in USA you´ve got everything, I think. Food looks like "muffin", more than "cookies". They´re famous in 2 regions of Spain. We´ll talk about it in future.. :)
This is a new experience!!! First time in my life!
We keep in touch about it.. :)

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 5:26 PM Quote
For Monica:

"Filipinos" are "rico, rico" :-P

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 5:33 PM Quote
yulen10 wrote:
For Turtleneck:

It´s on the way!!!! I hope your daughter has never tasted them, although in USA you´ve got everything, I think. Food looks like "muffin", more than "cookies". They´re famous in 2 regions of Spain. We´ll talk about it in future.. :)
This is a new experience!!! First time in my life!
We keep in touch about it.. :)

Oh, wow! That was fast! I'm going shopping tonight, so yours will be on the way soon.
I'm sure my daughter has never tasted them because we almost never buy store bought cookies. She will be happy just because they come all the way from Spain.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:42 PM