Travis

Re: I was about to post someting......
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 3:41 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Bloody emos.

Emo is like Goth only with shitty music ??

they all express their indivisuality by all dressing in a uniform of black, wearing make up and hanging about town, snearing at people?

I wish my grass was emo, because then it would cut itself.

Dubz

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41%2BjdiqU3yL._SS500_.jpg

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 3:51 PM Quote
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s112/_Nik-iCons/Spongebob/Hessosad.jpg

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 3:55 PM Quote
So, are today's "Emo" kids, the same kids that in my day were called "Alternative?"

These were kids that our parents thought were punk rockers, but they weren't. They weren't exactly Goth either. But they changed their hair color every other day, shopped exclusively at second-hand stores (and not nice ones), listened to bands no one had ever heard of, and tried very hard to seem depressed and misunderstood. Oh, and they would not be friends with anyone other than their fellow "Alternatives."

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 3:59 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
So, are today's "Emo" kids, the same kids that in my day were called "Alternative?"

These were kids that our parents thought were punk rockers, but they weren't. They weren't exactly Goth either. But they changed their hair color every other day, shopped exclusively at second-hand stores (and not nice ones), listened to bands no one had ever heard of, and tried very hard to seem depressed and misunderstood. Oh, and they would not be friends with anyone other than their fellow "Alternatives."

I think so...that's my understanding!

Rhoobarb
Rhoobarb Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 4:07 PM Quote
The word something got shorter :-)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 4:13 PM Quote

If emo means emotional ? and I may be wrong ??

Surely emotional, comes from emotion and there is a huge range of emotions like happiness for instance and if so why aren't there gang's of emo rockers stalking the street with huge smiley t-shirts being nice to people ??

Dubz

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 4:17 PM Quote
my friend and i had this conversation and if emo means emotional like you reckon as well Dubz, then wouldn't all music be emo? i'm sure fans of whatever genre are all affected emotionally to certain songs. i dunno. i'm confused by the whole 'emo' thing. for instance, how are fallout boy emo? granted, "annoyed" would be the primary feeling whenever one of their songs is on.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 4:18 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
for instance, how are fallout boy emo? granted, "annoyed" would be the primary feeling whenever one of their songs is on.

So true!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 4:19 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
my friend and i had this conversation and if emo means emotional like you reckon as well Dubz, then wouldn't all music be emo? i'm sure fans of whatever genre are all affected emotionally to certain songs. i dunno. i'm confused by the whole 'emo' thing. for instance, how are fallout boy emo? granted, "annoyed" would be the primary feeling whenever one of their songs is on.

It's obviously an emo thing, you just don't "get" it, tut, no-one understands it except true emos.

I personally think it should be re-branded stroppy fucking adolescent teenager music!!!

and btw it's nothing new, you emo fucks, Morrissey did it, The Cure did it. and probably loads of other artist before them, boo hoo nobody understands my feelings, to quote another boardie, GO FUCKING GROW A PAIR!! and stop fucking whining.

Dubz

MikeCALIFTRAVIS
MikeCALIFTRAVIS Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 5:13 PM Quote
Let's all get up and dance a song that was a hit before your mother was born.....

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 5:18 PM Quote
MikeCALIFTRAVIS wrote:
Let's all get up and dance a song that was a hit before your mother was born.....

Umm, okay. This was before my mother was born.
Bill "Bojangles" Robinson

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 6:13 PM Quote
MikeCALIFTRAVIS wrote:

here from an utter emo, well before his time.

Dubz

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 20 Mar, 2008 8:53 PM Quote
I never got the whole emo thing, still don't! But they are adament that they DON'T cut themselves. That's just weird!!!

Anyone know an EMO who would like to explain to us what it is all about???

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 20 Mar, 2008 9:55 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

no emo kids are different but since the Descendents sang songs about girls they like that wouldn't like them they can be libnked to the Emo generation , the emo kids that is linked to OC hardcore

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Thu 20 Mar, 2008 9:58 PM Quote
here's an emo imposter!
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1397/603696206_d1922873d2.jpg

Well, he's got the fringe right anyway.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:20 PM