Travis

Re: Curly Wurly?
moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 10:28 AM Quote
aw, I used to be in the curly wurly club when I was little....I still have the badger somewhere!

EDIT : Ahem, bit of a typo there, I meant BADGE, not badger!!

haz
haz Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 11:50 AM Quote
them things are AWESOME! however i've noticed that since i was a lad (queue black and white grainy footage of people walking very quickly all over the screen) the curly wurly has gotten quite a lot smaller. they used to be longer but then everything was longer in them days. ehem.

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 11:53 AM Quote
haz wrote:
them things are AWESOME! however i've noticed that since i was a lad (queue black and white grainy footage of people walking very quickly all over the screen) the curly wurly has gotten quite a lot smaller. they used to be longer but then everything was longer in them days. ehem.

I think thats attributable to the same phenomena experienced with Monster Munch, Hula Hoops and so on. It's an opticial illusion. Apparently we've all got much bigger rather than the sweeties getting smaller.

haz
haz Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 12:01 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
haz wrote:

I think thats attributable to the same phenomena experienced with Monster Munch, Hula Hoops and so on. It's an opticial illusion. Apparently we've all got much bigger rather than the sweeties getting smaller.

that's a fair point. oh monster munch i loved them too, although in ireland it was always the SAME monster on the front and the same monster story on the back of the packet -- i seem to remember a picture (badly rendered) of a cyclops type monster with a big club. lazy bastards only had one monster to munch back in the eighties it seemed.

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 12:26 PM Quote
can you still buy these things in the UK?? Ah, they remind me of being a kid - you always thought you were buying a lot of chocolate for just a few pence! Never considered the fact that most of the bar contains holes, not choccy!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 12:26 PM Quote
Can't find it but there's a QI clip of Doon Mackichan talking about having a deep fried Curly Wurly. Very funny especially the hand movements as she describes it.

Dubz

loria
loria Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 12:29 PM Quote
we can get these in the states and they are a downfall of mine. however they are always priced around $1.50 apiece which makes for an expensive snack at that size.

delish, though indeed.

mili
mili Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 12:32 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Can't find it but there's a QI clip of Doon Mackichan talking about having a deep fried Curly Wurly. Very funny especially the hand movements as she describes it.

Dubz

What's with deepfried chocolate bars? There was that one with Delia Smith and Mars bar, too.

Rhoobarb
Rhoobarb Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 1:28 PM Quote
moominbadger wrote:
aw, I used to be in the curly wurly club when I was little....I still have the badger somewhere!

EDIT : Ahem, bit of a typo there, I meant BADGE, not badger!!

I think having a badger would be well cooler, though they get vicious when you try to pin them on your coat. :-)

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 1:16 PM