Travis

Re: About the new album and save the children
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 4:32 PM Quote
I agree. I'll mock the writer but it's actually a really amazing idea that I want to look into. My church is helping to build clinics and Zimbabwe and India so I've been seeing a lot of disturbing images. But yes, the people are still smiling and happy. Goes to show you that your attitude shouldn't be related to what you have and don't have.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 5:47 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
I love esp. that it's portrayed as a quote from Fran.

That's the part that stuck out most to me about the name being wrong. It's bad enough that they got the name wrong, but as a direct quote, YIKES!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 6:56 PM Quote
Thanks for posting that interview Elein! There's a lot of info.
I'm checking out the Save the Children site right now.

mili wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
Thanks! That was a really great article, despite one glaring error (check below). I'll probably check out that site in a couple of weeks time.

Elein wrote:

We're letting Andy Dunbar, our guitarist, loose alittle bit more, but we're not sacrificing the melodies. I think it's going to surprise a lot of people."

Oh geez... it's TREIVIS, or did we say it's TREVIS? Whatever. I don't get it, is it that difficult to do a fact check?

That jumped out at me, too. So now Treivis has two Andys. Anley Dounlop and Andy Dunbar. It's going to be crowded on the bus.

Not to mention on the stage, especially if both of them keep climbing or diving into the audience...

When you go to gigs, you'll never know if it's Andy Dunlop, Anley Dounlop or Andy Dunbar. It's so confusing!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 7:26 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

When you go to gigs, you'll never know if it's Andy Dunlop, Anley Dounlop or Andy Dunbar. It's so confusing!

Maybe they had to have an extra Andy temporarily because of the ankle injury.

If anyone should have two Treivis doubles it should be Dougie. He has to be a new papa, and now we're hearing one of the new songs has 2 bass parts.

And I have to say...that other thread about the look-alikes that have been spotted. It's obvious isn't it?

cornax
cornax Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 8:33 PM Quote
That's a great article although I found it sort of awkwardly went back and forth between the charity work and the band's new material. But Save the Children is a fantastic charity that is well organized and efficient in its spending. The charity evaluation website Charity Navigator gives it its highest rating.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=4438

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 8:35 PM Quote
They have a football team in Kroo Bay that's named after the argentinian team I support: Boca Juniors. It's an unimportant detail but it was so weird.

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 8:42 PM Quote
Thanks for sharing Elin.
Interesting interview. It certainly confirmes a few things. Though the fifth member of Travis(or should we say Trevis), Andy Dunbar, was news to me :P

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 8:51 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

If anyone should have two Treivis doubles it should be Dougie. He has to be a new papa, and now we're hearing one of the new songs has 2 bass parts.

And I have to say...that other thread about the look-alikes that have been spotted. It's obvious isn't it?

Now maybe this guy is actually Anley Dounlop or Andy Dunbar, and not a soundman named David as I thought in the first place!

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9703/davidkb6.jpg http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4180/david2zz6.jpg

And is this really Andy Dunlop?

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5603/juliandy031107dk5.jpg

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 9:04 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
Thanks for sharing Elin.
Interesting interview. It certainly confirmes a few things. Though the fifth member of Travis(or should we say Trevis), Andy Dunbar, was news to me :P

It's Treivis. It's confusing, I know!

heysupernova
heysupernova Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 10:23 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Now maybe this guy is actually Anley Dounlop or Andy Dunbar, and not a soundman named David as I thought in the first place!

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9703/davidkb6.jpg http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4180/david2zz6.jpg

And is this really Andy Dunlop?

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5603/juliandy031107dk5.jpg

SCARY!!!!! :S :S :S

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Tue 19 Feb, 2008 7:26 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Thanks! That was a really great article, despite one glaring error (check below). I'll probably check out that site in a couple of weeks time.

Elein wrote:

We're letting Andy Dunbar, our guitarist, loose alittle bit more, but we're not sacrificing the melodies. I think it's going to surprise a lot of people."

Oh geez... it's TREIVIS, or did we say it's TREVIS? Whatever. I don't get it, is it that difficult to do a fact check?

Maybe the pronunce...

Good review!

feri
feri Posted Wed 20 Feb, 2008 10:19 AM Quote
Whoa! I didn't know this! That is SUPER cool especially cuz I'm currently involved with the Save the Children chapter at my university and we were just discussing child soldiers and the situation in Sierra Leon. Knowing a band I like supports the same cause I support makes me like them even more especially as human beings rather than just their music.

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Wed 20 Feb, 2008 12:54 PM Quote
Dunbar ehehhee.

Really good article, thanks for posting.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 5:43 AM