Travis

Re: As You Are from the Barrowlands last week
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 11:00 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Yeah, As You Are is amazing and yes it has knocked some singles out of the set. I just wish it wouldn't knock Coming Around or More Than Us out of the set!

And Yulia, those positions don't come easy! That was an early afternoon queuing time to get that close ;)

I agree with that. Coming Around is great, and More Than Us deserves a slot. Over all i think Travis should do longer gigs. They've got 6 albums by the time they tour next. They should do 23-25 songs every gig. And i'd like them to mix it up a bit too, so we can have songs like that.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 5:43 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Over all i think Travis should do longer gigs. They've got 6 albums by the time they tour next. They should do 23-25 songs every gig.

Hang on hang on, gigging is tiring. If they were doing 23-25 songs a night (that's over 2 hours by my reckoning) they'd burn themselves out by the end of the tour. Don't forget they're not all that young any more, and especially since they have other commitments like their families- not just the band.

I'm just thankful that they're still around. Other bands wouldn't be after so long!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 11:08 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
Over all i think Travis should do longer gigs. They've got 6 albums by the time they tour next. They should do 23-25 songs every gig.

Hang on hang on, gigging is tiring. If they were doing 23-25 songs a night (that's over 2 hours by my reckoning) they'd burn themselves out by the end of the tour. Don't forget they're not all that young any more, and especially since they have other commitments like their families- not just the band.

I'm just thankful that they're still around. Other bands wouldn't be after so long!

23 songs isn't that much. It's only a few more than they do now. And didn't you complain at me when i said a new Travis album in early 2009. "They have families. Let them have a break" etc...

Well, we're getting one mid to late 2008! My point is, they can do 23 songs a gig. It isn't that much more but it's still a nice amount for us fans. Look, i'm delighted when i see Travis but i think they can up the songs to 23 or 24.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 11:13 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
paul_c wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

And didn't you complain at me when i said a new Travis album in early 2009. "They have families. Let them have a break" etc...

Well, we're getting one mid to late 2008!

Thanks for proving my point. The reason they're doing it now is BECAUSE of exactly that- so that Dougie can go and do the fatherhood thing! Duh

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 11:19 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
paul_c wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

And didn't you complain at me when i said a new Travis album in early 2009. "They have families. Let them have a break" etc...

Thanks for proving my point. The reason they're doing it now is BECAUSE of exactly that- so that Dougie can go and do the fatherhood thing! Duh

How is that proving your point?! You said we won't be getting one in early 2009. Are you saying you expected one before? Of course not, you expected one late 2009. I think i'm closer than you aren't i!? With them coming back in mid-late 2008, even if they did come back after Dougie's child was born, they'd definitely have hit early 2009. I actually think i even said early-mid 2009.

All this from my original point of 3/4 more songs a gig. I'm sorry that comment offended you so much, especially after the first half of my post was in total agreement to a point you made.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 10 Jan, 2008 12:27 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
paul_c wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
paul_c wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

How is that proving your point?! You said we won't be getting one in early 2009. Are you saying you expected one before? Of course not, you expected one late 2009. I think i'm closer than you aren't i!? With them coming back in mid-late 2008, even if they did come back after Dougie's child was born, they'd definitely have hit early 2009. I actually think i even said early-mid 2009.

All this from my original point of 3/4 more songs a gig. I'm sorry that comment offended you so much, especially after the first half of my post was in total agreement to a point you made.

I thought you misunderstood, but then at the end you proved to me you didn't. Now i'm confused as to why you're getting so aggitated! I was just commenting. Chill out man

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 10 Jan, 2008 12:29 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
paul_c wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
paul_c wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

I thought you misunderstood, but then at the end you proved to me you didn't. Now i'm confused as to why you're getting so aggitated! I was just commenting. Chill out man

Ok Paul.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 3:54 PM