Travis

Re: Happy Halloween Boardies!
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 1:07 PM Quote
http://www.phobos-deimos.com/Humor/Chick/The_Trick_pics/0011_04.gif

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 2:13 PM Quote
aww...I'm so sad I didn't get to dress up this year. Not that it's entirely too late, but it is Wed., and I doubt I'll be going out tonight. We'll see though!

I've got an assortment of candies...Airheads, Swedish Fish, Sweethearts, etc.

Happy Halloween!

(do we only celebrate this here in the US?)

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 2:15 PM Quote
We don't really get alot of trick or treaters where we live in the UK...so as usual one year we weren't at all prepared when we had a knock on the door. After hunting round in the cupboards for a while, my sister fished out the only thing she thought acceptable as a halloween "treat".....a can of baked beans. Needless to say, the poor trick or treaters weren't too impressed. We found the can of beans dumped in the gutter the next morning. Tee hee!!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 2:24 PM Quote
which boardie is giving out the good stuff ?

Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 2:25 PM Quote
Celebrating Halloween is not really something we usually do here... Well, until this year, it seems. At the moment, all the shops are trying to sell off Halloween as a tradition that everyone MUST celebrate.This means that all of a sudden, you can get pumpkins and costumes all over the place. I'm guessing the motivation is more income lol

The kids here usually dress up and go trick-or-treating here on the Sunday before lent. Apparantly that is not enough... I certainly hope no one will come to my door tonight since I have no sweets lol

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 2:28 PM Quote
Thankfully I'm not home. Instead, I'm going to trick and treat with the kiddies myself, lol. Going to be interesting though, my first real Halloween.

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 2:30 PM Quote
So yeah, happy Halloween everyone.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 2:34 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
We get close to 200 kids some years. We have to go cheap. Smarties.

http://tiedyedbrainrays.typepad.com/blog/images/Smarties.jpg

I do love the Smarties. Flavored sugar is so good. We have the opposite problem. The houses on both ends of our streets are bitter party poopers and don't participate. We, along with most of the houses right around us, do but since we're in the middle of the street the kids usually don't bother after they see the first few houses are a waste.

So we try and get good chocolate to entice. But still usually by the end of the night the lucky kids are getting like 10 pieces each so we can get rid of it!

Yeah, Bathroom, Halloween is definitely not a Hollywood made up thing. It's a big day for adults and kids.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 2:38 PM Quote
moominbadger wrote:
We don't really get alot of trick or treaters where we live in the UK...so as usual one year we weren't at all prepared when we had a knock on the door. After hunting round in the cupboards for a while, my sister fished out the only thing she thought acceptable as a halloween "treat".....a can of baked beans. Needless to say, the poor trick or treaters weren't too impressed. We found the can of beans dumped in the gutter the next morning. Tee hee!!

My step-dad's mother came to the US from Germany many years ago. She was not familiar with Halloween. Now back then, people used to say "Help the poor" instead of "Trick or treat." (I think this was in the 1930's) So, she was at home and someone knocked on her door and said, "Help the poor," and she gave them a can of beans. Moments later, more people came saying, "Help the poor." She gave them some canned soup. After the third group of people came, she began to think that coming to the United States was a big mistake and she never realized how many poor people there were in this country. She went to her neighbor's house to ask if this was a common occurrence and found out about Halloween and also learned that canned goods were not a traditional treat.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 2:42 PM Quote
yer lack of snickers & milky ways caused a disturbance in the hayward faultline last night

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 3:09 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
yer lack of snickers & milky ways caused a disturbance in the hayward faultline last night

You will be pleased to know that we are giving out milky ways, snickers, m n m's, and twix bars at my house. I know what the good stuff is :) Your more than welcome to trek to WA for em ;)

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 3:16 PM Quote
http://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/562/562824em83mfzu3q.gif

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 4:24 PM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

You will be pleased to know that we are giving out milky ways, snickers, m n m's, and twix bars at my house. I know what the good stuff is :) Your more than welcome to trek to WA for em ;)

The West is the best

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 4:26 PM Quote
How's Creepy Robert celebrating Halloween ?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 4:36 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
How's Creepy Robert celebrating Halloween ?

dressing up as a cave man , before he hits hollywood ?

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:51 PM