Travis

Re: So has everyone adapted
Beatle Babe
Beatle Babe Posted Tue 29 May, 2007 2:11 PM Quote
I don't really see the difference...it just means that you can add friends and I dont see the problem with that.

I thought everyone would be happy that we have the float to the top back!

Harmony1206
Harmony1206 Posted Tue 29 May, 2007 2:14 PM Quote
Edel wrote:
to the new board? Had a mad busy weekend so its still strange for me reading it now :0/

I've gotten used to it. The only thing I miss is when it says that there's a new msg in a thread.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 29 May, 2007 2:16 PM Quote

I quite like it, and I really didn't think I would. We could do with the little red "new" yokes back and I miss not having a signature, doesn't need to be fancy just a simple line of text would suffice.

But overall you have to take the bad with the good and evolve I suppose.

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Tue 29 May, 2007 2:17 PM Quote
I like it how its split in 2 boards now =D

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 29 May, 2007 2:19 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Its no different to the old float to the top that was around before.

I don't like how it floats to the top and i don't like how it is split between 2 boards. I'll get used to it though and everything will be fine.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 29 May, 2007 2:22 PM Quote
Ruudio wrote:

Hmm I'm still out on that one, It seperates a lot of stuff so you have to jump between boards but as I use this one mostly I'm glad there isn't 40 threads everytime Fran farts, I mean come on do we really need 250 different threads about The Boy With No Name, or 50 Threads askng who is the support??

Hanne
Hanne Posted Tue 29 May, 2007 2:26 PM Quote
Edel wrote:
Hanne wrote:
I'm still getting used to it, but it takes a while.

Who knows, when the board changes again in 4 years or something like that, we'll all be missing this version.

How are you?

heh yeah sounds about right to me. Im doing fine but sister, husband and son have just left for Ireland:0(
Hows you, enjoy your long weekend?

Yup, it was nice but it rained too much. Did you have thunder and lightning last night? We had it this morning. The lights even went out for a moment. Only in our end of the building though. The other end had some water damage over the weekend that affected the light - oh, and walking on the carpet makes you feel drunk cos it's so bulky lol

la femme qui
la femme qui Posted Tue 29 May, 2007 2:29 PM Quote
I miss the threaded view of the old board, though I'm really glad that this one doesn't support those horrid yellow smilies... quite like the old old board.

Edel
Edel Posted Tue 29 May, 2007 2:32 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Ruudio wrote:

Hmm I'm still out on that one, It seperates a lot of stuff so you have to jump between boards but as I use this one mostly I'm glad there isn't 40 threads everytime Fran farts, I mean come on do we really need 250 different threads about The Boy With No Name, or 50 Threads askng who is the support??

We'll prob see those threads popping up, has happened before with the old float to the top. And maybe even Az bumping up threads from Fran just for the sake of bumping them. But I think its good its back cos good threads might not just disappear quickly

Edel
Edel Posted Tue 29 May, 2007 2:34 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Edel wrote:
Hanne wrote:
I'm still getting used to it, but it takes a while.

Who knows, when the board changes again in 4 years or something like that, we'll all be missing this version.

How are you?

heh yeah sounds about right to me. Im doing fine but sister, husband and son have just left for Ireland:0(
Hows you, enjoy your long weekend?

Yup, it was nice but it rained too much. Did you have thunder and lightning last night? We had it this morning. The lights even went out for a moment. Only in our end of the building though. The other end had some water damage over the weekend that affected the light - oh, and walking on the carpet makes you feel drunk cos it's so bulky lol

woah seems like ye got a lot more rain than us then. It rained on n off but nothing too heavy. ANd yeah woke up to thunder at 5 this morning. But really warm again

flower_in_the_window
flower_in_the_window Posted Tue 29 May, 2007 2:34 PM Quote
I like it....
Much prefer the wee profile page!

:)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 29 May, 2007 2:35 PM Quote
Edel wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Ruudio wrote:

We'll prob see those threads popping up, has happened before with the old float to the top. And maybe even Az bumping up threads from Fran just for the sake of bumping them. But I think its good its back cos good threads might not just disappear quickly

Yeah, I'd much prefer a single thread being bumped back to the top, than opening up another 4 or 5 on the same discussion.

Edel
Edel Posted Tue 29 May, 2007 2:37 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Edel wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Ruudio wrote:

Exactly but alas theres too many lazyarses around ;0)

Yeah, I'd much prefer a single thread being bumped back to the top, than opening up another 4 or 5 on the same discussion.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 29 May, 2007 2:38 PM Quote
well I'm getting used to it and it's ok although I prefer to be able to see all the theads open, you'd get a better overview. somehow this board is a bit claustophobic, know what I mean ? :)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 29 May, 2007 2:52 PM Quote
flower_in_the_window wrote:
I like it....
Much prefer the wee profile page!

:)

yep I like that too.... would be great if we could upload our Travis pics to our profile ... must ask the TWT :)

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:51 PM